Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a friend that owns a stereo shop. I saw one of his take off factory subwoofer off a Ford F150. Sony 700watts. I took it home and it sat in the garage for almost a year. Then a bought my FJ 2 months ago wated to upgrade my amp and subwoofer using the factory box. All that time i thought the Fj has a 10" sub so i never bother trying the sony one out. Soon as i found out that it is 8", I took off the Sony one out and put it on mine.
And what a difference from the factory one! DEEPER AND LOUDER BASS! Sounds like a aftermarket amp and sub. It's also dual voice coil but its says 1.2 ohms and 60watts on the back. Our factory is rated 30watts @ 2ohms.

I saw the same sub on ebay going for $50-$139. The black grill is attach to the sub but it fits perfectly over the front plastic cover. Try it and you will thank me later. Easiest subwoofer DIY upgrade.

ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-F...553851?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2eb369d7fb

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I really like the Polk subs db or mm series, Ihave a Polk 8" sounds awesome and it was cheap

Reactions: MiniTANK

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hook it up like ur factory sub. Out factory sub is also dual voice coil. No need to remove grille. It fits perfectly with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Again,

this is like a monolog, but i'll post anyways....

I put the sub you recommended, and it does sound a little deeper, but it "pops" a lot, the factory one never poped. I'm wondering why, maybe the factory box is not enough or something.
Anyways, i'm planning on putting an MTX 300XD mono amp and a JBL GTO804 8" Sub.
Do you or anybody know if this sub fits in the original factory sub box?. It has a Mounting Depth of: 112mm (4-3/8").

Thanks so much for any comments.
Javier.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
If you want real bass you must invest in an aftermarket amplifier. You can now get real decent amps for arount $100-150 why mess with the quality of your FJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts