741 - 760 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
looks great

Never used that stuff

Did you take off all badges
“Plastidip” and then reinstall ?
Nope. It's so freakin' easy it's silly. Just make sure you clean the emblems good, tape off the area, and do 4 or 5 light coats from all angles (that's important), and slowly peel away. If you get some on your paint/bumper/whatever, it wipes away w/ a little rubbing with a micro-fiber towel and some elbow grease.

See this video as an example, but there are tons more out there showing how it's done.

·
Registered
960 Posts
looks great

Never used that stuff

Did you take off all badges
“Plastidip” and then reinstall ?
Nope. It's so freakin' easy it's silly. Just make sure you clean the emblems good, tape off the area, and do 4 or 5 light coats from all angles (that's important), and slowly peel away. If you get some on your paint/bumper/whatever, it wipes away w/ a little rubbing with a micro-fiber towel and some elbow grease.

See this video as an example, but there are tons more out there showing how it's done.

oh wow

Without taking it off, now means even i can attempt this!!!!

Thank you

·
Registered
914 Posts
What do you guys use to bring your black TRD wheels back from gray to black? Are they just dirty, or do they need something sprayed on them? I'd hate to ruin the finish/paint - if I haven't already.

I meant to take a picture of mine just now but forgot, and I don't feel like going back out there across the hot parking lot.

·
Registered
960 Posts
What do you guys use to bring your black TRD wheels back from gray to black? Are they just dirty, or do they need something sprayed on them? I'd hate to ruin the finish/paint - if I haven't already.

I meant to take a picture of mine just now but forgot, and I don't feel like going back out there across the hot parking lot.
used meguiars wheel cleaner

Then 303 protection

·
Registered
960 Posts
Beautiful!! Any further out pic?
Well I left for Moab and I’m at FJ summit right now. I haven’t taken anymore just been showing everyone here. /forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Have fun!!!

Well I left for Moab and I’m at FJ summit right now. I haven’t taken anymore just been showing everyone here. /forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Here you go...

thank you

Looks gorgeous

·
Registered
914 Posts
Looks beautiful! But you gotta do something about those HEADLIGHTS!!!! They look all cloudy and foggy and old :(

Craw is your Ko2 285 like mine or 265?
I know, bro. I noticed the headlights when I was cleaning it and thought "well, there's my next project." What method do you recommend?

My tires are 265 stock. Do 285's fit without any mods/BMC?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I know, bro. I noticed the headlights when I was cleaning it and thought "well, there's my next project." What method do you recommend?

My tires are 265 stock. Do 285's fit without any mods/BMC?
Hi there. Yup my 285 K02 fit perfectly, 0 modifications. Here they are, after a 4 day camping trip.

As far as headlights, my FJ garaged always, lights look brand new. I added Lamin X protection to headlight and fogs myself, super simple. I have had previous cars with faded lights as yours, and what has worked is Plasti - X and Mothers headlight restoration. You can seal it, after doing that, should last a while, before needing it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
914 Posts
As far as headlights, my FJ garaged always, lights look brand new. I added Lamin X protection to headlight and fogs myself, super simple. I have had previous cars with faded lights as yours, and what has worked is Plasti - X and Mothers headlight restoration. You can seal it, after doing that, should last a while, before needing it again.
Mine aren't *that* bad. I think I'll try the Maguire's PlastX first and go from there - thanks!

(Oh, and camping in 122° heat...? No thanks!!!) :lol:

741 - 760 of 773 Posts