Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fj was a gift from my son, so I could go with him and the grand kids too baja, in comfort. But when I applied the brakes the steering wheel would shake, this seemed to be loose control arm bushings, very expensive too fix, let alone having it done. this FJ looked like it had its share of river crossings, it is a California vehicle not much rust, but because brake fluid by nature attracts h2o the calipers will rust at the piston too caliper, this was the case. changed rotors, ceramic brakes and synthetic brake fluid too avoid rust. I just got done , its 10 pm so out for a test, hard braking too seat the new pads, no shimmy no shake and held straight line on several hard brakeings, thank god don't have too do bushings. but when I do I will install neoprene after market, off road kit.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,659 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Sounds like you know your way around the mechanics of a vehicle so I’m glad the Buffalo will be in good hands. Have a great time in Baha and post pics for those of us stranded up here in the frigid north! :wink

·
Premium Member
16,344 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi aurelio, welcome from central Ohio!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy that new toy in Baja!

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
The best way to appreciate a vehicle is to get elbows deep! Which side of Baja are you going to? Cortez side or Pacific side?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Welcome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts