Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the chirp for years, I missed out on the URD hydro bearing unfortunately. So I waited and saved as I knew I would need a new clutch eventually.. Last November my clutch started to finally give out I was able to save up and get a new stage III clutch heavy fly sleeve and bearing kit. I manage to save a bit more for the installation with a reputable 4x4 garage in the city, and they do the work early summer. Was fine for about 500km, then the chirping came back. What’s worse, I now get a wild loud squeal as the clutch is being depressed and released. Get the rig back in the shop and they don’t know what it is and try greasing the bearing which lasts about 10min once I leave. Email urd with a video of said noise, who says it sounds like the original sound (it does not at all, and is during clutch movements where touching it before made it go away) or maybe a bad bearing. I’m at a total loss and have no idea what to do now. They say they’ll warranty the bearing but doubt it’ll do anything. The mechanics have no idea what to do. I’m so crushed, depleted, with for the first time of thinking of selling to someone with more resources, as I’ve got two kids needing braces this year. I’m just throwing out a last ditch effort here to see if maybe anyone here might have an idea. I can link a video when I remember how if that’s help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts