Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great post! I now can appreciate my '10 TT even more!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Great post! I now can appreciate my '10 TT even more!
Yep! Especially since yours is the most rare TT!

awesome info man

thanks for taking the time to write it all even if a lot of it repeated itself
Yeah I just wanted to make sure it was thorough and accurate.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Thanks, found this post vary interesting indeed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
FJX2000, I just want to say I really appreciate this thread and it's a great resource, and will continue to be as we start seeing people create TT "clones"

I recently saw a question on how to know if one is a true TT or has been re-painted. I was hoping you could include this in your intro posts. The color code inside the door changes for example on a Army Green FJ vs an Army Green TTSE. You can also see the photo I've attached and highlighted that this FJ is a 2013 TTSE, validated from the color code, and the year on the vin number (10th digit - example in photo JTEBU4BF5DK158006).

Color Year Vin
211 2007 7
058 2008 8
4U0 2010 A
6V7 2011 B
3L5 2012 C
1H5 2013 D
8X0 2014 E

I hope this post make sense and helps clear some things up for people looking for TTs in the future.
Cheers,
Matt

Attachments

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,271 Posts
FJX2000, I just want to say I really appreciate this thread and it's a great resource, and will continue to be as we start seeing people create TT "clones"

I recently saw a question on how to know if one is a true TT or has been re-painted. I was hoping you could include this in your intro posts. The color code inside the door changes for example on a Army Green FJ vs an Army Green TTSE. You can also see the photo I've attached and highlighted that this FJ is a 2013 TTSE, validated from the color code, and the year on the vin number (10th digit - example in photo JTEBU4BF5DK158006).

Color Year Vin
211 2007 7
058 2008 8
4U0 2010 A
6V7 2011 B
3L5 2012 C
1H5 2013 D
8X0 2014 E

I hope this post make sense and helps clear some things up for people looking for TTs in the future.
Cheers,
Matt
Interesting...I would have thought the trim code would also be a give away as the TT's have colour coded seats etc but your code FA11 is the same as my non TT 2014

·
Registered
308 Posts
Interesting...I would have thought the trim code would also be a give away as the TT's have colour coded seats etc but your code FA11 is the same as my non TT 2014
yeah, the only trim code Toyota used on all FJs is FA11 it just means "DRK CHRCL/LGT GRY/DRK GRY "

The cool thing about the door code is the Model code (example GSJ15L-GKASKA) first half tells you about the engine, and L or R drive car. The second half tells you other details that are easy to see, but then the very last digit (A) tells you where the car was built for.

A USA
K Canada
Q Australia
V Middle East

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Color Year Vin
211 2007 7
058 2008 8
4U0 2010 A
6V7 2011 B
3L5 2012 C
1H5 2013 D
8X0 2014 E

Cheers,
Matt
Thanks mate! Added it just now! Very good info to have. Very much appreciated!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
NSSE

Great job, nice info!

Thanks! :cheers:
Thanks! Also I decided to add the photo of your NSSE you just posted since it is a prime example of a nice, stock NSSE and is so clean!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Those TTSE production numbers are 'North America' only right? I mean the only way to get Radiant Red is a 2012 TTSE in the US, but in Australia, a red one with silver bits is a color for non TTSE in numbers above the limited 2500 mentioned right?

Just clarifying, still glad I am only 1 of 2500 to have an even 1/11th rarer than a Heep vehicle in the USA.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Those TTSE production numbers are 'North America' only right? I mean the only way to get Radiant Red is a 2012 TTSE in the US, but in Australia, a red one with silver bits is a color for non TTSE in numbers above the limited 2500 mentioned right?

Just clarifying, still glad I am only 1 of 2500 to have an even 1/11th rarer than a Heep vehicle in the USA.
Yes this Special Edition guide only applies to North America. Like you said, radiant red for example, is a standard FJ color available in Australia, but is unique to only the 2012 TTSE in North America.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think the production run for Canada every year was 125 units, 100 in automatic and 25 in stick.

Not sure if that is included in the 2500 number or above and beyond.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there any other VIN codes to tell if an FJ is truly a TRD? Case in point, checking out a low miles 2007 in black, but with white top, no badges, proper 10th VIN digit for the black paint but what else could I go off of?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
Are there any other VIN codes to tell if an FJ is truly a TRD? Case in point, checking out a low miles 2007 in black, but with white top, no badges, proper 10th VIN digit for the black paint but what else could I go off of?
If it's got a white roof and no badges then it's probably not a TRD as they only came in all black with the badges in 2007. There was also a black and white regular old version of the FJ also that wouldn't have badges so that's probably what it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, after talking with the guys at the used lot it was on I quickly found I was far more savvy than they as to what comprised a TRD. They thought if it had a rear locker it was a TRD.
Darn thing had a 6" lift and 20" wheels, looked like a pimp mobile and vibrated like a fresh batteried purchase from Adam and Eve so I passed on even explaining it to them, but thanks for the reply!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was up half he night, worried that my '13 was a clone. I knew better, but a forum member questioned its veracity, because a prior owner chose to have the top and all trim professionally coated with truck-liner. It's a unique look; but I've grown to like it .

I knew better than to be insecure. After all, it's one thing to slap on some badges, it's another to put in the unique seat covers, door sills, shift knobs, crawl-control, etc.

I finally put my mind at ease playing the VIN decoding game.

I finally tagged this thread to easily find it in the future. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I was up half he night, worried that my '13 was a clone. I knew better, but a forum member questioned its veracity, because a prior owner chose to have the top and all trim professionally coated with truck-liner. It's a unique look; but I've grown to like it .

I knew better than to be insecure. After all, it's one thing to slap on some badges, it's another to put in the unique seat covers, door sills, shift knobs, crawl-control, etc.

I finally put my mind at ease playing the VIN decoding game.

I finally tagged this thread to easily find it in the future. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad it could help mate! :bigthumb:

41 - 60 of 91 Posts