Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just made the leap from my 2008 Sandstorm with 119K miles to the 2012 Lipstick TT (radiant red) with 30K miles and only minor upgrades. Wonder if I should do anything to it or preserve it as stock?

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Just made the leap from my 2008 Sandstorm with 119K miles to the 2012 Lipstick TT (radiant red) with 30K miles and only minor upgrades. Wonder if I should do anything to it or preserve it as stock?
Awesome! I'm jealous! I would say make upgrades that keep it true to a TTSE but also enhance its capabilities off-road though they are already pretty capable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't thank you enough for this awesome write up!!! It was very instrumental in the purchase of my 2012 FJ TT. I was lucky enough to make it to the dealer in time to buy it before anyone else could grab it up. Mint condition with only 46k miles, no blemishes on the inside or out. Your write up gave me the information I needed to learn all I needed to know to pick the best FJ I could find that wasn't used and abused. Thank you again.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell which # we have? Meaning that if there were 3200 TRD SE made in 2007, which # do I have? How can I tell?

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell which # we have? Meaning that if there were 3200 TRD SE made in 2007, which # do I have? How can I tell?
There were some early on who thought they could tell but it turns out there really isn’t a way to know unfortunatly.

·
A-Team Moderator
9,049 Posts
Future generations will come here looking for factual numbers when attempting to determine value. :thinkerg:

So in all fairness to the 2011 TTSE and NSSE's, is there truly 2500 TTSE's out there or should we subtract the 51 to 80 NSSE's?

:grin

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Future generations will come here looking for factual numbers when attempting to determine value. :thinkerg:

So in all fairness to the 2011 TTSE and NSSE's, is there truly 2500 TTSE's out there or should we subtract the 51 to 80 NSSE's?

:grin
We may never know! But judging by the number of NSSEs I personally have seen, I would be surprised if there was really ONLY 80 NSSEs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great Post!! Just got a 2013 TT rig last month. Traded my 2007 in for this one - love it. Lots of information on the FJ series - how about the FJ40 series anyone. Had 3 fj40's thru the years but my last one was a 1977 I bought from Canada. It had a Brass badge on the dash that said Sahara special edition and was tan in color. Searched the internet a few years ago and could find nothing about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
Great Post!! Just got a 2013 TT rig last month. Traded my 2007 in for this one - love it. Lots of information on the FJ series - how about the FJ40 series anyone. Had 3 fj40's thru the years but my last one was a 1977 I bought from Canada. It had a Brass badge on the dash that said Sahara special edition and was tan in color. Searched the internet a few years ago and could find nothing about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed
Go to IH8Mud for info on the FJ40. They are a forum for all the old Land Cruisers.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
So I'm interested in buying a trails edition and based on colors I'd be most interested in finding a 2010 or 2014 one. Besides the off road stuff like CRAWL (I honestly probably won't off road much if at all) is the main difference between the 2010 and 2014 FJ TT the speakers?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
The '14 has a different suspension.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
The '14 has a different suspension.
Good to know! That's the kind of info I'm looking for I think - differences between the years.

Is it better or worse? How is it different? Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I purchased my 2013 in January. The dealer sticker was in the glove box, but still didn't have the model #. Or I wasn't able to find it. Your article really helped with finding out what I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,728 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you for your hard work! We bought our '12 TT in September of '12 with like 1 mile on the odometer and the plastic still on the seats, from a dealer for Gulf States Distributors. There are a couple of differences in ours from what you posted. It has the correct paint code, offroad equipment and badges, but different (non-TRD) wheels. Build date was 5-12 so perhaps they had run out of TRD wheels. The floor mats don't say Trail Teams either. And the trailer hitch, though we were assured was "genuine toyota", sure is not like the hidden one on our 2008 Sandstorm was. (It makes a great bumper protector even though it robs departure angle!)See pictures.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 91 Posts