Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Thank you for your hard work! We bought our '12 TT in September of '12 with like 1 mile on the odometer and the plastic still on the seats, from a dealer for Gulf States Distributors. There are a couple of differences in ours from what you posted. It has the correct paint code, offroad equipment and badges, but different (non-TRD) wheels. Build date was 5-12 so perhaps they had run out of TRD wheels. The floor mats don't say Trail Teams either. And the trailer hitch, though we were assured was "genuine toyota", sure is not like the hidden one on our 2008 Sandstorm was. (It makes a great bumper protector even though it robs departure angle!)See pictures.
wow a lot of the real TT goodies are missing ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
wow a lot of the real TT goodies are missing ?
Interesting, I had not looked at this post in a while and hadn't seen the build sheet lookup link; when I just now entered my VIN it came back as a "2012 FJ Cruiser SR"; with the correct TT paint code (radiant red) but later in the build sheet says: "Two-tone Ext Color with White Roof". A quick search for "FJ SR" took me to one post from 2011 asking about FJCs with the SR designation. And no one really knew what it meant.

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/newbie-discussions/137470-fj-crusier-sr.html

According to the FJC guide put up here by FJX2000 the radiant red was only used in '12 TTs, never in any other FJs. As mine is missing the floor mats and TRD wheels (has some similar black wheels) but has the correct leather wheel, decals, equipment, blackouts etc. I have to wonder if it was just a typo? Or do all the TT build sheets have the "Two-tone color with white roof" language? Or was Gulf States Distributors (one of the largest networks of Toyota dealers out there) making its own faux TTs?

Edit: Looking a bit more, the red leather steering wheel, seats, and red interior paint make it unlikely that this was a fake done by the dealer; and the build sheet shows it not only having the two color scheme and 17 inch wheels, (it actually has 16 inchers) so I suspect the Toyota database is wonky. Or maybe it is another NSSE?

·
11,284 Posts
FYI: While researching my NSSE from Servco Hawaii, their distributed vehicles throughout the islands do not show up on the Toyota Owners site/VIN search.

Toyota states that Servco is a separate entity and not part of the 49 state/North American database.

Servco does not have it's own Owners site that I can locate.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Australia and UAE have red ones that are not TTSE. Phillippines too and maybe others. But, in the US, only 2500 of us red unicorns roaming the country.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Australia and UAE have red ones that are not TTSE. Phillippines too and maybe others. But, in the US, only 2500 of us red unicorns roaming the country.
Yeah this list of special editions only applies to the North American market. In other countries like Japan they had the Final Edition or in the UAE they had the Xtreme Edition just for a couple of non US/Canada Special Editions.

·
Registered
854 Posts
On the wheel sticker info, mine was 17" but they stuck over that with another tiny overlay sticker for showing it as 16" because of the TT package TRD wheels being 16's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fantastic compilation of information on the differences and ways to confirm trim levels of the special editions for North America. Referred to this resource numerous times over the last couple of years while looking nationally in Canada for a 2013 TTSE or a 2014 TTUE and finally scored a great deal on a 2013 TTSE a few months ago. A true unicorn in the North as only 110 AT models were sent to Canada. Loving my 2nd FJC and will be holding on to this one.

·
Banned
2 Posts
The Toyota FJ Cruiser is a retro style, medium size SUV. Presented as an idea vehicle at the January 2003 North American International Auto Show, the FJ Cruiser was endorsed for creation after positive purchaser reaction and appeared at the January 2005 North American International Auto Show in definite generation form.

The FJ Cruiser was worked by Toyota auxiliary Hino Motors in Hamura, Japan since 2006 and shares numerous basic underpinnings with the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.[5] The FJ Cruiser entered the Japanese market on 4 December 2010, reported on 25 November in that year.

On 5 November 2013, Toyota USA reported the 2014 model year Trail Teams version would be known as "A definitive Edition" and that the 2014 model year would be the keep going for the FJ Cruiser in that market. It kept on being made available to be purchased in different markets, for example, Australia[ until its fare to that market was stopped in August 2016. It is as yet sold in the Middle East as of August 2019.

·
Banned
2 Posts
the Toyota FJ Cruiser can stand its ground with anything in its portion.
With 245 mm of ground leeway, underbody protective layer that incorporates slide plates for JDM Import motor, move case and fuel tank, also its rough Tonka-truck styling, the FJ is at home on the gnarliest of trails ? creeping over rocks and logs, or swimming through multiple feet of water.
In any case, okay buy a shiny new vehicle like the FJ, Wrangler or Land Rover essentially to lay a beating on it?
Perhaps a more seasoned model, when the showroom sparkle has been scoured off by quite a while of mud and branches. Be that as it may, while when it?s still perfect, most purchasers need their rough terrain driver to knock some people's socks off on the black-top too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome write-up. That 2011 NSSE is nuts, I looked at one for sale here in Ohio a while back. I was like whoa trail teams, when I pulled up, but no badges stock wheels on it, and the carfax said it was in a fender bender so i just figured the matching top was some custom work. I think it looks great, but I don't think I could pull that green off as my daily driver.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
For those revisiting this thread or who are seeing it for the first time, I just barely added 2 additional FJ Cruiser models to the first page of this thread that I figured could use an explanation, the 2003 FJ Cruiser Concept and the 2005 Pre-Production FJ Cruiser. Though they aren't special editions, they are special enough that I figured including them could be informative to people who just want to learn as much about FJ Cruisers as possible.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts