Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AKA: the Imperial AT-FJ

So here we go! Ive been a bad lil Swamp Fish sending all my pix to "the Facebook" so I figured it was about time to post some pix here in one giant on going photo journal! Hope you guys enjoy and hope you find some helpful info as well!

Here is were I am at...
'07 Vodoo Blue

RIMS and TIRES
16X8 American Eagle 185
315/75r16 DC Crushers

MECHANICAL
RCX 6in lift
SPC adjustable upper control arms
4.88 gears from East Cost Gear Supply (On my 3rd rear end now)
All Pro Ultimate lower links
Scuba Driver MOD
on-board air, 3gal tank w/3 train horns

BODY
Safari Snorkel
Manik tail light guards
N-Fab front and rear light bars
Bushwhacker Fender Flares
vent shades
ROTOPAX 4 gal with spare tire mount
Black out hood decal
PAINTED
white grill/black bumper covers, door handles, side mirrors

ELECTRICAL
USA Spec iPod interface
A-Trac hack
DRL disabled
HID Halos (Black)
LED Mirror lights
VisionX LED under body strobes
Midland 1001Z CB/FLEX4 Ant.
11 lights from Advance Auto :rofl:

ARMOR
Expedition One WyoOtto Front Bumper w/Superwinch EPi9.0S
Expedition One Rear Bumper w/ tire swing
Expedition One Sliders
4+Plus T-Case/Exhaust Skid
All Pro Ultimate lower link and shock skids
BudBuilt Diff Skid
Rear LCA skids

INTERIOR
08 side visor mod
GPS mirror mount
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/27289-near-perfect-rear-storage-solution-under-150-a.html
Springtail barrier
DIY LED dash swap-Blue

Our journey starts in April 2006! A virgin, fresh from the dealer right to OBX the next weekend!!

And first meets my '66 bronco...

Babies first forge...

Babies first mud trip...

AWWWWW and babies first Oopsy!

And then a road trip to the middle of the country to finish out the stock FJ tests!

OK first disappointment! :mofo: A RUSTED SHUT rear axle breather...

The fix...

Also did the 3 up front, running them back into the cab above the pedals but no pix :( sorry

Last stock trip to Daytona Beach

AND last time getting stuck with bald tires at low tide in the Keys..

Snorkel and RCX 6in lift added... still stock and bald tires...

LOOK WHO GOT 33in SS-M16 TIRES, and painted there grill white!

UT OH! some one knocked some teeth outta their rear end! time to move up to 4.88 gears!

Blacked out the trim pieces...

added Manik rear light guards and went Fenderless...

To Fender flared...

Took the top off...

To put a sticker on..

More pix to come.....

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
...and we continue

Got me a Bandi Mount notched to clear the light guards, FLEX4 Ant, and a Hi-LIft extreme...

Midland 1001Z CB installed thanx to Macleod

Got my custom vinyl Cogs made from VINYLDISORDER

Thanks to Macleod for my N-Fabd light bar!

Cheap-O lights and "highway" tires on

4+Plus T-Case/Exhaust Skid installed

All-Pro Shock Armor too

All-Pro LCA replacement, and skid

Pretties

Anyone tell whats missing?

New Front Diff with 4.88 gears, SPC adjustable upper control arms (to fix my alignment), drilled/slotted rotors (yeah yeah i flipped them after this pic!), and red paint...

And YES, I DON"T run Sway Bars!!!!

Factory Buttons for roof Front and Rear lights (Just flipped the roof light button to face the other direction and pre-wired cuz I was impatient)

Button for fog lights and Japanese coin holder! LOL

Fog lights

Toyota emblem replacement

The used 325/65R18s I picked up for $200, yeah they were big!

How I balanced them, and worked like a dream! just divided up a 10000 box of 0.12 air soft BBs among the 4 tires.

New 16in Rims...

Cut off switch for Compressor

Compressor, 3 gallon air tank, and yes, REAL Train Horns!

Rear N-Fab light bar installed

More cheap-o lights..

and yes a hint at the new tires!

Flipped tire mount and added extension bracket for more visibility and use of rear window..

My tool storage solution for the door, I take my shop with me! You can see how low my 35" tire is now.
Air tools, tool boxs, and recover gear fills the back.

We shall continue below...

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
And some more...

Grinding a lil to clear new rims...

I'm now Rolling on Dicks!

VisionX LED Rock lights!

This how I got the nick name "Disco Truck" at OBX

Repainted Hi-lift

Made some shovel mounts...

Battery finally died, so...

Stiffy folding flag mount down...

And flag mount in the up position! Just so you know the black CB antenna reaches 9ft tall! so this is like.... yeah....

GPS and mount

So much more organized now!

but had to redo my tool bags!

And now I'm Protected from flying objects

Thanks to FJNewb for the BudBuilt Diff Skid! Also added LCA skids and some paint!

Rear tire mounted Rotopax 4 gallon

Blue LEDs

FACE OFF

New face...
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

REAR OFF

New bumper

Still need to do some well over due maintenance to my front end components! :worried:

So more to come Later!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Nice story type build up thread. Waiting for the rest :).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Very impressive build. Where did you get the japanese coin holder (lol) and the light guards?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
How about a few details on that rear roof loght rack? Does it function the same way as the one in the front? (I have that one as well.) And where did that come from?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Very nice looking rig you have there. Nice write up, love watching others spend money. You painted the LCA, UCA and Hilift blue, how come you did the calipers red?

You are slipping a little, you didn't paint the shock skids. :lol:

First time I've seen that kind of headlight guard. Pretty spiffy.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
awesome build :rocker:

·
Registered
207 Posts
nice biuld truck looks geat. a couple questions. how hard was the install of the rcx lift and do u have a pic of the front cv angles now?

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Good job on the write up. You didn't include much info on your "disco lights" or your back door storage solution though. :p

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
THANX FOR ALL THE COMMENTS GUYS N GALS!!!! :clap:

Very impressive build. Where did you get the Japanese coin holder (lol) and the light guards?
Well, Im a hound dog on eBay! :D The light guards are for "Heeps", I cut the mounting tabs off and mounted them horizontally instead of vertically to make them both look different and match the roof lights a lil more.

How about a few details on that rear roof light rack? Does it function the same way as the one in the front? (I have that one as well.) And where did that come from?
Yup, if you look up a few more post you'll see the buttons. I ran all the wires the same time, for both! For the rear I flipped the button upside down so the light decal faces the opposite direction. While the front uses the factory harness, I had to add a relay for the rear, and run the wires along the CB wire in the floor and up and out the back door seal to the roof! Its also an N-Fab Bar but a lot harder to find, pay attention to the part number when you search for it (should have an 'R' instead of an 'F')! 2 companies sent me front bars that they were listing as rear! :flame: Third time was a charm! You'll know cuz its a bit shorter, only has 4 mount points, and is straight, not bent like the front! But the N-Fab bars are totally worth it, LOVEM!

Very nice looking rig you have there. Nice write up, love watching others spend money. You painted the LCA, UCA and Hilift blue, how come you did the calipers red?
Yeah I know I was trying to hit all the parts I add to point out to "Non FJers" what Ive done.
"Red?" ...Everyone says that!!!! They are my imitation TRD color, come on guys!! :p

nice build truck looks great. a couple questions. how hard was the install of the rcx lift and do u have a pic of the front cv angles now?
The install was SUPER EASY! however I will mention, if you couldn't tell, I'm lucky enough to run a shop with 4 lifts at the moment! ;) Anyways the hardest part was removing the factory bolts. I wheeled for about 2 years before I did the lift (as you can see), so a lot of bolts and bushings had to be cut and replaced! :worried:
Another issue is when reinstalling the front diff, the drop bracket didn't clear the sensor plug and wires enough! this resulted in the wires cutting and crossing and a short in my 4WD ECU!!! So I replaced the harness and notched the bracket. However my 4WD light flashes constantly still, but mechanically everything is fine! Im used to not having a indicator light on my 4WDs so this is not really a concern to me! Just need to pull that bulb already ;)

This was to show the difference between old and new tires! I still had the 2in spacers in so you can see my CVs easily.
The angles are not to bad sitting, and even when shes on the lift I can turn the wheels with no problems! RCX gives you not only a bump stop extension for the factory, but a new bump stop to keep them from dropping to far! But yeah my boots are 'F'ed right now! Going to replace and get the All-Pro Covers also to fix that issue.

Good job on the write up. You didn't include much info on your "disco lights" or your back door storage solution though. :p
Yeah yeah woman, nag nag! :lol:
As you can see these pix are all I have over the past 4 years! Sorry I dont have my own "Camera Crew" following me around, and most the time my hands are to dirty to touch a camera! but Ill try to get more pix up for you guys. Thanx Jen :kiss:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice build! Where did you get your flag mount for the OEM roof rack or did you make it yourself? I'v been looking for something like that, nice!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Cool, I can never make that connection of red to TRD. I'm a little slow, sometimes.

I'm curious to see those calipers in white, match that nifty look grille. I missed it the first time. White grille looks great, think thats the only color that could have it white though.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts