Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey now before all of the child proofing bashing begins let me just say that i gotta cart the kids to school sometimes and that requires car seats - one of those life things. so does anyone know if the FJ comes standard with child seat latches/anchors?

ok...punch.....anywhere but the face please....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
A. LATCH stands for Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren. It is a system mandated by the Federal government in an effort to standardize and simplify the installation of child restraints without using the vehicle's seat belt system. New vehicles and child safety seats manufactured on and after September 1, 2002 will be equipped with the LATCH system. Cars, minivans, and light trucks will be required to have anchor points between the vehicle's seat cushion and the seat back in at least two rear seating positions, and a top tether anchor (with the exception of convertibles). Child safety seats will have a lower set of attachments that fasten to the vehicle anchors. Most forward-facing child safety seats will also have a top strap (tether) that attaches to the top anchor in the vehicle. Together they make up the LATCH system
http://www.car-safety.org/latch.html

I have a 5 month old and need this too :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Granted, I don't have any of my own, but might I recommend velcro and duct tape. Works well and allows you to mount the curtain climbers anywhere on the inside of the vehicle. I would, however, recommend against the trunk area - some folks have been brought up on charges for that!

It's all a joke, no need to get upset... I would never duct tape your children to my car.

·
Registered
378 Posts
caliFJ said:
hey now before all of the child proofing bashing begins let me just say that i gotta cart the kids to school sometimes and that requires car seats - one of those life things. so does anyone know if the FJ comes standard with child seat latches/anchors?

Just don't lower it or put rims on it and you will be just fine !!!

There will be no bashing Cali. None of us are going to buy a 30K vehicle just to take off-road, live in the moutains and play in the rocks all day, as much as we would like to. This is a fully functional multi-purpose vehicle. I have been wanting this vehicle since 2003. Since then I have gotten married and will have a baby on the way. Do I still want the Fj ???? HELL YEAH !!! Any vehicle in this day and age is going to have every safelty feature possible. (I used to ride in the back of my Dad's old standing up in the back seat...Thanks DAD)

I hate to say it, but wait til you pull up in front of your kids school in the Fj and all those hot young teachers see ya in that beauty, and.... :cool: Just a fantasy that could happen. dont mind me !!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That's hot! So now I need kids to double my dating chances... wonder how the girlfriend will feel about that one! LOL!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Percy said:
That's hot! So now I need kids to double my dating chances... wonder how the girlfriend will feel about that one! LOL!

I just finished watching 'Vacation' with Chevy Chase and Christy Brinkley. :D
See, anything is possible.

Once we all have are Fj's we will have to start a thread called, Wild weekends in the Fj Of course they will all be lies, but might be some good readin'

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
FJ CRUISERS GONE WILD!!! Sweet. We don't even have them yet and already we have money making ideas!

·
Registered
181 Posts
caliFJ said:

If you look in the gallery you may be able to find a pic looking into the cargo area and the back of the rear seats. If you find such a picture it would be easy to spot the anchor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts