Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's see if we can account for the 51 All Army Green NSSE Toyota "Misprints".

I have 1 (San Antonio, TX):

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
I have one! Bought in Dallas TX, but I'm moving to Denver in April.

(haven't received it yet, they're holding it up to do the TPMS recall)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks like I'm #3 as of yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also have one im picking up on Friday!

Good thread Monky!!

Lets also list what options we had installed besides the upgrade 3.

Pics soon 2 come!

NSSE.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

nsse_badge2.jpg

·
Registered
876 Posts
What is a NSSE?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I believe it means "Not So Special Edition"....I love it!! I want to see all 51 show up, that would be sweet!!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
This is a great thread! I have a guy in my local FJ group here in Raleigh NC that just bought one...I posted this thread link to our Facebook group so he knows to sound off here.

:cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was first in line for a TTSE at a Miami FL dealer.
Passed on the NSSE that showed up instead, which they dressed up with TRD wheels and wanted 38K for.

Now all NSSE in the SE Toyo inventory seem to be spoken for.

Does anyone know if a dealer has one not pre-sold?
Or should I wait until May/June for the real TTSE, that is if Godzilla herself doesn't do the tokyo walk again?

Jorge

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Or should I wait until May/June for the real TTSE, that is if Godzilla herself doesn't do the tokyo walk again?
I had a TTSE on order too, but after the earthquake and how bad things were looking I caved and got a NSSE. The other big thread said that a ship just left on Sunday with a batch (meaning they were already built and probably on the boat on earthquake Friday), but that's going to be 20-30 vehicles? And with the radiation/evacuations from Tokyo, there's no telling what's going to happen with the April (or later) production run. Imagine if the March TTSE run is the only one that happens - talk about a rare vehicle.

I'm moving to Denver and didn't want to get into May/June without an FJ, that's why I went ahead and bought mine in Dallas. Life's full of those fun decisions :)

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Passed on the NSSE that showed up instead, which they dressed up with TRD wheels and wanted 38K for.

Jorge
Toyota West (Statesville, NC) had one as of 2 weeks ago. Rack, Rails, TRD Beadlock Wheels, and BFG AT tires. It was designated for me, before I decided to hold off for a TTSE.

I just looked on the online inventory and Toyota of North Charlotte (Charlotte, NC) is showing they have one.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Jorge
Call Jeff Hennen @ Milton Reuben Toyota, he's got one. BTW he is in Augusta Ga.

Good Luck on the NSSE!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a TTSE on order too, but after the earthquake and how bad things were looking I caved and got a NSSE. The other big thread said that a ship just left on Sunday with a batch (meaning they were already built and probably on the boat on earthquake Friday), but that's going to be 20-30 vehicles? And with the radiation/evacuations from Tokyo, there's no telling what's going to happen with the April (or later) production run. Imagine if the March TTSE run is the only one that happens - talk about a rare vehicle.
QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly.
The odds are good that we'll never see a a run of TTSE's as in years past.
The factory is subject to blackouts, the workforce is stressed out (or worse!), the supply chain is broken, and nuclear fallout may prevent importation to the US. I wanted a TTSE for the suspension and wheels, but since joining this forum I realize there are better aftermarket alternatives.
The NSSE is an ever better place to start for such a project, and I plan to keep the steel wheels, replace the tires with Duratracs, add a lift kit, Bilsteins, etc...

Since posting this AM I got a call from my dealer, who felt sorry and snagged an NSSE with roof rack, rock rails, window tint, hitch, and the standard steelies. Incredibly enough, it will be available TOMORROW!

I am glad I made it to Area 51.

I hope Japan recovers from this disaster ASAP!
Let us not forget their tragedy.

Jorge

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just drove my NSSE home from the dealer and wedged the beast into my little toy-sized garage. I was supposed to get one of the 51 TTs but just didn't want to wait anymore. I was gonna buy the duratracs anyway so didn't care about the tires, got the Bilstein's thrown in for all my pestering so basically all it's missing is the instrument panel (which I did kinda want) and the AC plug and the badge which I dont really care about. I decided to buy an FJ in September...and it's finally mine. I may sleep in that thing tonight. Love it.

Toyota of Seattle has one more...roof rack, tow hitch, bumper mounted lights, rock rails, passenger side arm rest on it already.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just drove my NSSE home from the dealer and wedged the beast into my little toy-sized garage. I was supposed to get one of the 51 TTs but just didn't want to wait anymore. I was gonna buy the duratracs anyway so didn't care about the tires, got the Bilstein's thrown in for all my pestering so basically all it's missing is the instrument panel (which I did kinda want) and the AC plug and the badge which I dont really care about. I decided to buy an FJ in September...and it's finally mine. I may sleep in that thing tonight. Love it.

Toyota of Seattle has one more...roof rack, tow hitch, bumper mounted lights, rock rails, passenger side arm rest on it already.
Congrats. My wife has a regular FJ with the instrument panel and AC plug. I must say that I enjoy that mine doesn't have the panel. Though its a small addition to the dash, I feel like I have a more open view. I can see why some on this forum prefer not having the instrument panel. The only thing I wish I had is the AC plug.

I was able to get my NSSE just under 30k and was able to add the mods I desired and still came out more than a couple grand less a TTSE would have cost.:clap:

1 - 20 of 500 Posts