Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
excellent thread ... I learned a lot ... I'd be one of those people that remember everything for the truck and forget about enough drinking water ... well thought out mods minimize doing it twice ... spend once ...

:clap::clap:

2007 FJ Cruiser – C Pckge - AT
Voodoo Blue

Toytec Ultimate 3” Lift
Total Chaos UCA
285/70R/17 Michelin LTX A/T

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is a great thread that is really helping me identify where I want (or better yet NEED) to go next...I want to build a rig I would drive from Georgia to the FJ Summit and pull my camper and have the family in tow....and then still have a Reliable Wheeling machine to explore when I get there....the idea of Overlanding is really cool to me versus hard core rock crawling and wheeling.....I want to add suspension but this list is just seems to make TOO much sense....

Thanks from a Newbie to all those that have and continue to contribute.
shane

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Good thread, but the pricing is a tad outdated and it seems to be a little vendor specific. There are other forum supporting fabricator/vendors here who also create outstanding products. Use this as a general guide, but do take the time to research different fabricators and read the testimonials and reviews of their offered products.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Good thread, but the pricing is a tad outdated and it seems to be a little vendor specific. There are other forum supporting fabricator/vendors here who also create outstanding products. Use this as a general guide, but do take the time to research different fabricators and read the testimonials and reviews of their offered products.
Yep, and most of the links in the original post do not work anymore.

Would be nice to have an update.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Excellent thread... Found it very helpful with my build the last few months !!! :rocker:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Great thread still !
It was one of the first threads I read when I joined a few months ago. Now that I got some Xmas money, I can start planning my build.

I'm not a rock crawler type of guy, I just want to go find some roads and trails and explore. Then make it back safely.
Oh, and I have added Black Bear Pass to my bucket list, lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Having the same problem as mentioned with the outdated links. Looking for rear LCAs and some other things here and there and can't seem to find them. Off to Google I go unless something can update it with links! But regardless, AMAZING write-up. I was just looking at tires and suspension lifts and this just changed my philosophy. Get home, protect my investment, and do it again.

-Smitty

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is a great thread that is really helping me identify where I want (or better yet NEED) to go next...I want to build a rig I would drive from Georgia to the FJ Summit and pull my camper and have the family in tow....and then still have a Reliable Wheeling machine to explore when I get there....the idea of Overlanding is really cool to me versus hard core rock crawling and wheeling.....I want to add suspension but this list is just seems to make TOO much sense....

Thanks from a Newbie to all those that have and continue to contribute.
shane
I also live in GA and plan to attend Summit 2015!

·
Registered
50 Posts
who are folks using as a supplier for rear lower control arms these days?

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Allpro

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked a 2012 Iceberg FJ, automatic last night 53,000
Negotiated to have the dealer install 4 Bilsteins, wheel locks, and a Toyota smoke bug shield! So my first $1000 will be paid by Toyota!
Hoping the Bilsteins are what I expect, but the stock shocks are not bad either!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Broke through the ice and hit mud. As you can see my head is about my FJ. My back driver side tire was spinning on ice. My buddy who was in front same thing happened except all four of his tires were under. We had the gear but we're both stuck. Had to call for help

Attachments

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Broke through the ice and hit mud. As you can see my head is about my FJ. My back driver side tire was spinning on ice. My buddy who was in front same thing happened except all four of his tires were under. We had the gear but we're both stuck. Had to call for help

What you needed were some better tires.... If I had been there, I would have pulled you out, and then let you pull out the jeep. ;) Do you have Atrac or the rear locker? Looks like a situation where Atrac might help a lot.

Cheers,
Matt

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

121 - 140 of 176 Posts