Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
They are the right direction. I also have a guard around the rear link making it look like it isn't offset. If it was removed it would look the same as FrankieFJ40's.
Thanks for the explanation. I couldn't tell from your picture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, if these rear Lower Links are a weak point on the FJ, wouldn't it make sense to carry a spare? Seem like a damaged or broken link can be swapped out in a jiffy, no?

(I used to ride dirtbikes in SE Asia and always carried a bunch of spare parts like levers, pedals, master links, wheel bearings, spark plug, etc which saved me from sleeping in the jungle more than once) ^_^

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That's an option. I would rather just install the HD links ahead of time and be done with it. They generally don't fold up on you at convenient times or places... more often it is going to happen in places such as a rocky mudhole as the sun is setting.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello All,

Great thread! I have noticed that there are not as many manufacturers of rear LCA's for the FJ, or perhaps I am not finding them. Man-A-Fre, All Pro, and Icon are the ones I have seen, just checking to see if there are other recommendations as well.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Hello All,

Great thread! I have noticed that there are not as many manufacturers of rear LCA's for the FJ, or perhaps I am not finding them. Man-A-Fre, All Pro, and Icon are the ones I have seen, just checking to see if there are other recommendations as well.

Metal tech, resz fab, rockmen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Hello All,

Rokmen which are now branded by Toytec.
That's what I used to replace my stock LCA's. They are fully adjustable too.
Red Dirt Offroad still carries them, I believe.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
OEM LCAs can be reinforced by welding on angle iron. There are a few threads on this topic. I did mine using 1.25" x 3/16" angle and they appear to be pretty robust.

·
Premium Member
7,150 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
8 years later do these suggestions still stand? I just purchased my FJ this summer and I am going to start modding/upgrading next year, hopefully.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
8 years later do these suggestions still stand? I just purchased my FJ this summer and I am going to start modding/upgrading next year, hopefully.
Depends on your use. Armoring up with no boulder crawling will only lard your rig up and decrease your mpg with no benefit.

Some mods are good on and off road, like quality coil overs.

Put all the great info on this forum into your own context, and keep in mind the many free mods like the dif hack-magic donut machine.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts