Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who dont know, the FJ Cruiser is based on the Land Cruiser Prado, as is the current US market 4runner. check out what this guy originally looked like:

Photos Courtesy of
toyota Australia

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
From what I have heard of the prado - even though it looks weak as all hell - it is pretty stinkin' capable. Maybe that's not all bad. It's essentially a shortened 4-Runner chasis.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Percy said:
From what I have heard of the prado - even though it looks weak as all hell - it is pretty stinkin' capable. Maybe that's not all bad. It's essentially a shortened 4-Runner chasis.
The Prado is not a shortened 4Runner chassis, it is the same chassis. Now the fj, that is on a shortened 4Runner chassis

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Percy said:
i saw a bunch of Prados doing people ferry duty for staff types while i was over in the sandbox, they beat the bejesus out of those things, but they appeared to be holding up really well

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
So they have some good qualities even though we can't drive one yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Land Cruiser Prado is rebadged here in the States as the Lexus GX 470.

Abroad, they are stout and very offroad-able.

Hell, if I had the $50K gx470's cost, I'd buy one, throw lockers into it, put a lift one and tear it up.

Cheers.
-onur
Akron, OH

·
Registered
181 Posts
air said:
why do they not sell it in the US? i saw it in the dominican
essentially they do...in the form of a GX470 or a 4Runner. The only thing we don't get is the two door version and we don't get those here, I'm assuming, because two door SUV's sell like **** in this country.

·
Registered
378 Posts
ToyBox said:
essentially they do...in the form of a GX470 or a 4Runner. The only thing we don't get is the two door version and we don't get those here, I'm assuming, because two door SUV's sell like **** in this country.

Very well put Toy. Very good assumption

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am surprised Lexus has actually survived. Peope really must be stupid if they pay an extra twentry grand to get a little 'L' on the hood of a landcruiser (LX), Buy a rebadged foreign market Toyota (GX), and a Camry with a nice stereo (ES). They also try to promote the performance of their vehicles, yet the new IS is not even available with a manual tranny with the larger engine.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mpd8488 said:
They also try to promote the performance of their vehicles, yet the new IS is not even available with a manual tranny with the larger engine.
WHAT? shame on them! I guess its used IS300 for me, as if i could even afford that...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts