Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys think about having one thread dedicated to the RC 6 inch lift? It could include anything an everything from questions, concerns, trail photos, videos ect...

what do you think?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some pics from deer valley and the rubicon

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i love the video at coal creek, ill bet the video doenst do justice for how hard that spot was to clime. Nicly done

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that pic you have inside that ditch looks knarly. I was wondering inregards to the total chaos mod shown, is that stronger that the stock component? What other advantages does it give you. Awesoem pics! keep them comin!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
what about some measurements? ie On a level surface, measure front and rear lift heigth. My suggestion would be to measure from the bottom lip of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare (non bushwackers) and note what wheel size.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
USMC_Sgt - - - - - - HOLY CRAP I love those pictures you put up. But I am curious about the TC LCA too. Obviously its stronger and made better but any other reason more specific?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im curios about those mesurments as well. Somthing tells me that they are going to be close to those of the icon and ome lifts. If that is the case than that will certainly help the 3 inch lift's case that they can wheel as good or better than the 6.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I thought I had read before that some of you were getting vibrations. Was this a problem on only some of the kits? Anyone have any complaints on quality?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Sorry for the late reply... Gotta pay the bills..

I still need to get some measurement and pics for the other threads. Jason Demello can tell you more on the TC LCA's. Things that I know... They seem a hella lot stronger.. Has the full skid plating. There are things with them that you are going to be able to do: like running dual shock mounts.

As for a ball park figure on height... My nose is even with the top of the side mirrors (I'm 6'). I know for a fact I can't get in a garage that is less than 7'6". oops... With my baja light rack minimum is 8'4", found that out the hard way too...

I also don't have the coilovers tuned all the way out, so I could get more height if I didn't mind the ride. Also the front bumper is a lot of weight. Some that are running coilovers that are tuned all the way out and a lighter bumper will get even more lift.

Vibrations??? if you mean that funny feeling you get when "humming" down the rode an looking into a hot chicks car, getting an eye full.... Yeah I guess sooo :lol: J/K No vibs here OR complaints..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the vibrations i have are very minor... and only for a short period of time when im going around 20-25mph. Love the quality of mine, ill bet there are some complaints...its one of the reasons i wanted to start a thread like this so lets here em

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am planning the RC 6" lift with 35" tires on my 2007. I read the stock coil overs are too soft with the lift and, especially, with an aftermarket bumper so I'm also considering the Icon 6-7" adjustable coil overs. Anyone have opinions?

I am contemplating tires and wheels. Any opinions here? I'm partial to black ... :)

-Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys! I'm currently running the 6" RCX. I'm not to happy with the use of the stock CO's but at the time of purchase there wasn't much choice. I also was looking at the Icon replacements, also at the Fox CO's w/ res so I can clear 35's. I'm sure everyone who has seen the RC video on their site will notice their CO's are not stock. I have emailed them on a few occasions inquiring about their set-up but haven't got any responses. I'm also going to replace the RC 2.5 shocks for the rear. My FJ is a daily driver and the RC setup is brutal on the back around town:mecry: Anyone have any info or suspension setups that works well with the RC that would sway my decision? This is what she looks like at the moment:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im kind of interested to see what the Rc 6 inch lift looks like with the fender flares removed. Im thinking about doing it

1 - 20 of 161 Posts