1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
H.O.G.G.
High.Octane.Gas.Guzzler.

HISTORY
After viewing a bunch of threads, I have to give props to Shadow Warrior. I really like the layout of his build. Which is why this thread might seem a lot like his. It all started in July of 06. I went to a dealership and ordered a Black Diamond with convenience package 1 and 2. I also had them put the TRD rock rails and OEM roof rack on. After a couple of weeks I decided to install the passenger arm rest. First mod on the vehicle. Luckily she's came a long way since then.

EXTERIOR, INTERIOR AND PERFORMANCE

WHEELS: ProComp 7089 17x9
TIRES: Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 33x12.5x17
SUSPENSION: Skyjacker 3'' Performance strut lift.
BUMPERS(Front and Rear): Expedition One w/winch plate cover
LIGHTING: PIAA Extreme white headlight bulbs
PIAA 510 driving lights
PIAA 520
RECOVERY: Hi-Lift 48'' Jack
WabFab Hi-Lift slider attachment
Hi-Lift base plate
Hi-Lift polyurethane handle holder
FourTrek Hi-Lift mount attachment
EXHAUST: All-Pro high clearance exhaust
INTERIOR: Passenger arm rest
IPhone mount installed
ENGINE: TRD CAI
RANDOM: DRL and Seat belt chime disconnected

FUTURE MODS

Sway-A-Way front and rear suspension
Camburg UCA
BudBuilt Skids
Gobi Ranger roof rack
Linex in dark grey

PICTURES

Body mount chop done by Mark at MetalTech.

All-Pro high clearance exhaust pipe.

BEFORE

AFTER

Expedition One Front and Rear bumpers

INTERIOR

IPhone Dash mount holster

ENJOY :cheers:​

·
Registered
476 Posts
Re: The H.O.G.G. (Actions Build)

Good looking rig there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Good looking rig there.
Thanks... hopefully when I get the money I'll be able to get that LineX done. Then I wont have to worry about the North West pin striping we all encounter when off-roading. :)

Best (most appropriate) name yet for an FJ :lol:
Yeah... I thought it was quite clever myself. Everyone else seems to go with functional names. I thought I'd keep it real and give it what it deserves. I'm not complaining by any-means. I love the FJ's and wouldn't want to spend gas on anything else! :rocker:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hey Action does this iPhone mount giggle the phone when you drive? Also is it screwed in and can you tilt to watch movies? Im really considering this for my iPhone.
The mount is screwed into the dash, it does not giggle, and it does rotate enough for others to see the screen. Probably the most used accessory I've added to the FJ. I love it and it works great. I use to place the phone in the forward cup holder. But found I would occasionally lose service. Since relocating the mount to the dash I haven't had a problem. P.S. Don't get caught watching a movie on it while driving... I'm sure you know thats against the law.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts

Great name and build, I'll be watching this one. Thanks for the mention too. :cheers:

Mike

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Great name and build, I'll be watching this one. Thanks for the mention too. :cheers:

Mike
Thanks a lot... I think you set the standard in expedition ready FJ! :rocker:

nice looking rig but i was wondering about the expedition one bumper, which one did you choose since im looking for one for my fj
I purchased the trail series bumper from expedition one. I love it... I haven't noticed any front end sag, although I am not currently running a winch.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts