Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
:rofl:
I've had keyless, push button starting on other vehicles and it's nice, but I like the fact that the FJ is a more basic vehicle. No automatic lights, etc., simpler systems break less. But I would love to see the key fold into the fob like some other vehicle keys.

Frequently I only carry the FJ key with no other keys and having the key fold in and out of the fob allows for a nice package when carrying it in your pocket.

Not a big deal, but just a thought....
Already have a nice package in my pocket... Thanks!:jester:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question? I just bought a 2007 FJ, it only has one key. Went to local Toyota dealer had 2 new keys cut. They work in the ignition but do not work in the door locks - dealer stated he cut keys from codes provided by my VIN#, but they don't work, he stated that it was my problem not theirs! Great Customer Service! Original key works great. Any suggestions as to why these new keys will not work? Old key and new keys look identical? Basic keys, not chips.
Thanks,
Confused Bob

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Agreed, I use the non-remote key, because it is smaller and there's no accidental alarm. I don't care if I have to use the key to open the door, besides it's relatively difficult to loose the FJ in a parking lot.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Quick question? I just bought a 2007 FJ, it only has one key. Went to local Toyota dealer had 2 new keys cut. They work in the ignition but do not work in the door locks - dealer stated he cut keys from codes provided by my VIN#, but they don't work, he stated that it was my problem not theirs! Great Customer Service! Original key works great. Any suggestions as to why these new keys will not work? Old key and new keys look identical? Basic keys, not chips.
Thanks,
Confused Bob
I also have an 07 with no fob, just a plain ol key and new keys that are cut work in all the locks and ignition. I'd go to Home Depot and gave a key made from the original and I bet it will work. Then you can bring the bad keys to the dealer and demand a refund and apology. i have a feeling that Home Depot can do it better than the incompetent dealership :lol:

You might also try pressing the alarm reset button behind the led light indicator in the left footwell...The button is behind the led facing the front of the FJ...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

41 - 44 of 44 Posts