1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nickname: Marauder
Year: 2011
Color: Silver Fresco Metallic
Bought: Brand new on 5/7/2011 with 12 miles on it.
Purpose: All-terrain light utility vehicle

Major modifications..
[20110614] Red BudBuilt bump-out sliders with partial tread

Light modifications..

Bling..
[201107??] Custom license plate frames
[20110703] Amaesing matte black hood decal
[201106?? = planned] Custom window stickers (ordered; pending delivery)

Miscellaneous..
[20110531] Husky driver/passenger floor liners
[201106??] UltraGuage
[201106??] CoverKing seat covers (ordered; pending delivery)

Attached are some pictures of it fresh from the dealership..

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice sliders.....glad to see somebody else going with a radical color. Hopefully should get some BudBuilts to match mine soon.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. :) You're getting red also?

Just ordered my Aries grill guard. I know they're damage multipliers, but I don't foresee myself doing heinous climbing. Plus, I'm still under my warranty and I don't want to give the dealership a major modification to cry about so they don't have to do warranty work -- so that means no real bumper anytime soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not wasting any time on the new Rig. Looks great so far, can't wait to see what direction it goes. Good Luck!!

Side note, how is the traction on those sliders? My folks/in-laws are getting older and the steps are great for them, but obviously they are great sliders. I would like to get some sliders, but still need them to have some traction/step to help folks get in and out?

·
Registered
594 Posts
That reminds me...
I wish Mercury would bring back the Marauder. I really want a big car.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not wasting any time on the new Rig. Looks great so far, can't wait to see what direction it goes. Good Luck!!

Side note, how is the traction on those sliders? My folks/in-laws are getting older and the steps are great for them, but obviously they are great sliders. I would like to get some sliders, but still need them to have some traction/step to help folks get in and out?
The sliders are smooth with no traction on them, sadly. You could always get a bike tire and cut it so you can align it across the length of the slider (I saw someone on here do that).

Just ordered my Aries grill guard. I know they're damage multipliers, but I don't foresee myself doing heinous climbing. Plus, I'm still under my warranty and I don't want to give the dealership a major modification to cry about so they don't have to do warranty work -- so that means no real bumper anytime soon.

This damn mod bug is hitting me hard, and I've only had the truck brand new for about a month now.

I'm ready to order the following also..

Steelcraft tail light guards
BajaRack addition for OEM rack
A roof rack light bar (still looking; suggestions, anyone!?)

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh.. after over a day of mulling it over.. I've canceled my Aries grill guard order and am going to dump some money on an Expedition One front bumper (one hoop); then a 2" spacer lift soon-after.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Nice choice with the Exp One bumper. The truck's looking great so far. Good luck with future installs and have fun with the it.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Ahh.. after over a day of mulling it over.. I've canceled my Aries grill guard order and am going to dump some money on an Expedition One front bumper (one hoop); then a 2" spacer lift soon-after.
Do the spacer first. Level your rig either with a 2 inch front spacer or do the Daystar level lift that takes the front up 2.5in and the rear 1.5. Then add your bumper. My two cents anyway

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
The Maurauder...what a awesome vehicle!!! To take 7 lbs. of C-4 being detonated down below and drive away says alot.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Husky liners were a good choice. Moving quick on the mods! One that has been nice for me is the MPAC Siderack HD. Helps you move some bags up out of the way and is a really well made product.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should probably update the original post, but just to update.. I just ordered in my 285/70/17 DuraTracs and an ICON stage 2 (from DO). They'll be on in the next week or so. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts