Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off I'd like to thank a few guys who inspired me to go forward w/ this project. LandCruiserSteve and Corey. Thanks a lot guys. It was your projects that inspired my own.

Here's the completed box. I went w/ a box only 7'' tall and the drawers are 5.25" tall. Mainly because I have a 130lb American Bulldog I haul around w/ me and I wanted to give him plenty of room.

The front portion has a carpet that goes over it, but it got wet in the rain. I'll update a picture later.

Last one. I moved the tie down points to the top of the box and used the original holes to fasten the box down to the truck body.

This is the false floor that covers the folded down seats. It's easy to remove when I have additional folks to ride in the back.

A side profile of it. The foot on the right is what levels the floor area.

One of two Footmans loops to attach the floor to the box. Compliments to Steve. I had never heard of one of these prior to his build. This was the hardest to track down of all the hardware. Try a Sail Boat specialty shop.

The back of the box. This shows the ledge again and the footmans loops. You'll notice I removed altogether the angled piece of plastic that sits between the cargo area and the seats.

A beauty shot. The drawers are 29" deep

Just another shot showing the drawer slides ((Blum Slides))

And another

Drawers Completed
Top Shelf

Underneath

Air Tools and Tire Kit

And one of the many reasons for the build.

If anyone has questions about measurements or anything at all feel free to inquire. I'll be happy to post plans for it.

Plans!

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts
LandCruiserSteve and Corey. Thanks a lot guys. It was your projects that inspired my own.
My pleasure, Silverdusk. Yours came out great!! Matter of fact, it kinda looks like my contraption and Corey's got together and had an offspring. "A chip off of the old box," if you will. (But, don't be expecting any child support. :) )

·
Registered
561 Posts
Looks great. I found a fire extinguisher that fit perfectly into the recess on the right side.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nice work Silverdusk, one of these weekends when it's not so hot and nasty humid up here I'm gonna do the same.

Question, do you have drawer locks to prevent the drawers from slightly opening and banging into the rear door on the truck everytime you accelerate from a stop?

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
First off I'd like to thank a few guys who inspired me to go forward w/ this project. LandCruiserSteve and Corey. Thanks a lot guys. It was your projects that inspired my own.
Looks great Silver, glad we could be of help.

My pleasure, Silverdusk. Yours came out great!! Matter of fact, it kinda looks like my contraption and Corey's got together and had an offspring. "A chip off of the old box," if you will. (But, don't be expecting any child support. :) )
Yes, no support.
Mine ended a year ago June, freed up a payment for the FJ ;)

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Looks nice. Good fit & finish.

One question. Where did you get the axe and shovel mounts that are attached to rear door? They look pretty handy.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Question, do you have drawer locks to prevent the drawers from slightly opening and banging into the rear door on the truck everytime you accelerate from a stop?
The drawer glides actually have built in locks. When you push the drawer closed they click into a locked position. They seem to be working great, but if I have issues I'll add locks later. I'm a locksmith by trade, so that won't be an issue :) The Slides are made by Blum.

One question. Where did you get the axe and shovel mounts that are attached to rear door? They look pretty handy.
My sig has a link in it to the complete mod "a how to". But to answer your question. Those are Quickfists and I got them from Sierra Expeditions

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
31,483 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Nothing like true craftsmanship... Looks outstanding. Well thought out and beautifully executed. You can drop that off at my place at any time! (..and I had almost gotten over my interior mod addiction - oh well)!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Looks good, when can i come down and build one for me ? Now you really can sleep in it . Did you ever get the stain out of your pants from fall colors ( Ace's driving ) !!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice, nice job. A+! Is that 3/4" cherry plywood? Looks great.

You mentioned plans ... I would love to try this project sometime. Would you mind emailing me or posting the plans?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good, when can i come down and build one for me ? Now you really can sleep in it . Did you ever get the stain out of your pants from fall colors ( Ace's driving ) !!
Anytime you want Todd, the invitation is always open. LOL! Well, yes though I think his "Oh [email protected]" bars will forever have my finger prints in them. I'll be at Fall Colors for sure this year again. I'd like to get out to see you guys before then. Work work work!

Nice, nice job. A+! Is that 3/4" cherry plywood? Looks great.

You mentioned plans ... I would love to try this project sometime. Would you mind emailing me or posting the plans?
I have some rough ones made up. Right now I'm redoing them on the PC and when done I'll surely pass you a set along.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Beautiful install, and great looking dog; he looks stoned in the 2nd pic.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts