Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I thought it was time to start a build thread, so heres my try at a build thread, enjoy.

As it sits today
IMG_3467 by Basil Lynch Photography, on Flickr

Photo by Robert Rossi, (DoubleR)

I bought the FJ from apple Honda in April 2013
Here she is stock, (not me in the photo :lol:)

Heres a list of all the mods I can remember,
Red = Gone

Factory
- Rear Locker
- Atrac
- Parking sensors
- FJammer premium sound
- Automatic Transmission

Suspension
- Billstien 5100 shocks at 3rd notch and daystar spacers
- Toytec Coilovers
- Fox 2.5" Coilovers, extended travel and resis
- Total Chaos UCA
- Toytec Superflex springs
- Toytec Superflex HD springs
- Rear Billstien 5100 shocks
- Pro Comp ES9000 (Superflexy on the cheap)
- No rear Swaybar

Armor
- Ricochet Skids, Bash, Transfer, Trans, Control arm, Rear Bumper
- Trail Gear Front bumper
- Demello Evil eye
- All-Pro Rear Bumper
- Expedition One rear bumper, with swingout, gas carrier, and Hi-lift mounts.
- Toytec lower links
- Outrider diff skid
- Budbuilt diff skid
- FJ Toyman shock skids
- Redline Landcruiser lower link mount skid

Lighting/Electrical
- Traction control hack
- Diff lock on demand hack
- Radio Shack cheapo CB
- Custom backup camera
- Cheap 40" eBay lightbar
- Baja Designs 40" stealth
- Rigid Dually spots
- Rigid Dually floods
- Two 20" Chinese light bars
- Arco fogs
- APC turn signal housing
- 4" amazon floods on roof rack
- PIAA 530 LED fogs
- Lightforce 170's
- Lifetime LED headlights
- Scangauge II
- Led interior lights

Wheels/Tires
- Stock aluminum wheels
- Stock Steelies with rock rings
- 265/70/17 Stock Dunlops
- 285/70/17 Firestone Revo2's
- 285/70/17 Firestone Destnation M/T
- 315/70/17 Goodyear Mtr Kevlar

Miscellaneous Mods/Equipment
- Corbeau Baja XRS seat
- Linexed black roof
- BMC
- Scuba Mod
- Custom rear drawer
- AFE CAI
- Throttle body spacer
- Snorkel
- Big a** dent
- Husky front floor liners
- Painted interior panels
- Springtale rear door and side rack
- Tool Bag
- Smittybuilt XRC10
- Synthetic winch line
- Factor 55 Prolink
- Baja standard roof rack
- Window rain guards
- Fjole custom orange shifters

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
NICE!!

I see that you ran the Destination MT's for a long time and have switched to the Goodyear MTR. What are your thoughts between the two now that you have experienced both?

I am just getting to know my Destination MT's and took them in today to be siped on the center tread blocks.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NICE!!

I see that you ran the Destination MT's for a long time and have switched to the Goodyear MTR. What are your thoughts between the two now that you have experienced both?

I am just getting to know my Destination MT's and took them in today to be siped on the center tread blocks.
Well I liked the destination M/T in everything but packed snow... they where very very bad in packed snow, I slid into a few trees on trail runs :lol: But I just got the goodyear kevlar and haven't done any trail runs yet, its going to be hard to tell the difference between the tread just because the firestone where 33's and the goodyears are 35's

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I hear ya. Combination of snow and black ice here the last couple days and the Destinations were slick as hell with no siping. Not complaining, just observing.

I am hoping that having them siped this morning will make a difference in the snow and ice. I guess time will tell.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got a sPod ordered, with the iPhone control module, should be very fun being able to turn lights on whenever/wherever I want, also this gives me a chance to clean up my rats nest of wires.

sPod has 6 switches I will fill those with the following,

- Baja Designs 40"
- Rigid Dually spots
- Arco Floods
- Rear LED Floods roof/bumper
- Side LED Floods
- Air Horn or Rock Lights

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for sharing all the adventures and looks liked all the great mods helped you threw all of them. Hope you have many many more happy trails!:clap::rocker:

Reactions: Basil

·
Registered
86 Posts
How did the Superflex springs perform when you had them on? Did you swap for the HD's due to the new rear bumper assy. Being a lot heavier? How heavy was your previous bumper? Sorry for the 21 questions, I'm throwing the superflex'son with some Radflo extended travel shocks in a week or so.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How did the Superflex springs perform when you had them on? Did you swap for the HD's due to the new rear bumper assy. Being a lot heavier? How heavy was your previous bumper? Sorry for the 21 questions, I'm throwing the superflex'son with some Radflo extended travel shocks in a week or so.
I liked them a lot, but between my rear bumper, custom drawers filled with tools, and then camping gear when I went camping. Every single bump lasted for a while, it felt like a boat. But the HD ones are a lot better for sure! I don't know how much the old bumper weighed..

·
Registered
86 Posts
thanks, i've got a Warn rear bumper on mine, most I carry is my tool bag which can get up to 40 lbs or so. I don't go on many long trips with loads of gear so i'm hoping they'll hold up decently. I'm sure they'll be leaps and bounds above the spacer on the rear now. Still rides funny since I put the cushy Radflo's on the front and the rear is stiff as all hell.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts