Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, my wife and I made the decision to part with my 2010 Trail Teams and pick up a 2011 Nissan Titan Pro-4X crew cab a few weeks ago. Having two FJ's just didn't give us the "diversity" that we needed having so many home renovation projects coming up this year, two grown teenagers to haul around with us, etc.

While I absolutely love the Titan, I miss you guys here on FJCF every single time I visit any of the Titan-related forums. I feel like the proverbial turd in the punch bowl over there. :lol:

Suspension lifts are purpose-driven accessories here in the FJ world. Over there you can find a dozen new threads a week where some jackwagon with a 2WD Titan wants to lift his truck to put 35" off-road tires on it. I know they're going for the whole pre-runner look, but it's comical.

There are just so many threads a guy can endure about de-badging a truck, or LED underbody lights (no... not rock lights... that would be a legitimate use) or Line-X'ing the chrome bits and pieces, or stuffing a dozen 12" subs in the back of a lowered truck.

I feel like I need to put a full-on Icon suspension lift on my Titan and go take it on some trails now just to wash away "the dirty" I feel every time I see someone ask about what muffler won't sound like a flatulent bumble bee inside of a soup can. :lol:

So, I miss you guys. You don't mind if I hang out here for a while each day, do you? :D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
every forum has repeat new threads daily/weekly even this one. i've noticed this forum however has members that will rehash the same info over and over. Most other forums will just tell the guy to go search first especially if it's a discussed to death topic like- biggest tires? what lift? etc.

·
Registered
493 Posts
LOL....Stick around.
After all you still have one FJ right?

And try not to knock them down too hard over there...:jester:

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
That sucks, but it is to be expected. You did go from a purpose built off roader to a pickup truck that is popular with the...hmmm...what would be the most politically correct name I can use...Urban Mall Assault Team (UMAT). Either way. The Pro-4x is a nice truck. Enjoy it man. Just go get her dirty and don't wash her. At least that way when you look at her, you'll think, "hey at least I'm treating my truck like she's a truck."

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol... this is why I miss you guys. :D

·
Registered
832 Posts
Lol that's funny man...

I actually like the Titan a lot, out of all the full size trucks. I like the powered rear window that I wish the FJ had.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Suspension lifts are purpose-driven accessories here in the FJ world. Over there you can find a dozen new threads a week where some jackwagon with a 2WD Titan wants to lift his truck to put 35" off-road tires on it. I know they're going for the whole pre-runner look, but it's comical.

D
The same thing goes on here. People posting there 2WD "action off road shots", only to have them posting pics of them going down dirt roads or climbing small hills any 2WD vehicle can do.
Same questions about lifts, lights, roof racks, tires, etc. goes on here several times a week.
Sounds like you just miss trail riding, and full size pickups generaly isn't your first choice for this activaty, so naturauly talk about such subjects is going to be limited.
But to be fair, there really no different than those on this forum. Their enthusist like us. They just focus thier moddifications on other aspects of their selected vehicle. :)

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
As some of you know, my wife and I made the decision to part with my 2010 Trail Teams and pick up a 2011 Nissan Titan Pro-4X crew cab a few weeks ago. Having two FJ's just didn't give us the "diversity" that we needed having so many home renovation projects coming up this year, two grown teenagers to haul around with us, etc.
^ now there's your problem. Give them the boot, make them walk, or buy them a beater vehicle, and you can be back here in no time!

:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Long time no see, FJCruiserForums! :D

I've still got the Titan despite not totally being in love with it. I've been beating my head against the wall for the past few weeks trying to determine the best route to go to give it a little lift for some light off-roading but there really are only about three or four reputable manufacturers making suspension lifts for these trucks and they all tend to be of the 7-8" variety. :rolleys:

Honestly, I am thinking seriously about selling the truck later this year and finding a new Tacoma. I miss the practicality of the Toyota community and feel like a turd in a punch bowl every time I check TitanTalk and see a million threads about LED lighting accessories for the footwells and undercarriage.

At least here if someone's putting LED lights under their truck, they are using them as rock lights. :D

Miss you guys!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
awww.... that sucks dude. i'll see about making an LED lights under the dash for no reason thread here, just for you!

Nah, I can't bring myself to do it... sorry. You can always sell the titan and come back to the dark side!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well guys, I couldn't take it for much longer... I am just not cut out to be a Nissan Titan owner. So I traded the Titan off for something that gets me back into a serious off-road vehicle. :D

This past Sunday my wife and I took possession of a brand new 2011 Ford SVT Raptor Super Crew. Going to do some simple mods to it, install the SDHQ frame reinforcement kit to help ward off some demons, and just enjoy owning it.

We looked around for a Tundra Rock Warrior edition for about three weeks before deciding to go with the Raptor.

Anyway... went out this evening and took some pictures of the new ride... figured some of you might like to see it.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, Ivan. I've even found a few guys from the various Raptor forums who have run some of the trails out around Ouray. I can't tell you how happy THAT would make me. Of course, when we were out there last October we ran into one of the locals, an older gentleman, who had a blue Raptor and said he'd taken it up Yankee Basin before.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can make a trip out there again in 2012.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Thanks, Ivan. I've even found a few guys from the various Raptor forums who have run some of the trails out around Ouray. I can't tell you how happy THAT would make me. Of course, when we were out there last October we ran into one of the locals, an older gentleman, who had a blue Raptor and said he'd taken it up Yankee Basin before.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can make a trip out there again in 2012.
That`s great :bigthumb: Lift it up a bit and off you go. Do they make body armor for Raptors?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts