Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very comprehensive list, lots for me to ponder when shopping for a bumper. Any chance that the country of origin could be added to the list? I do not want to purchase if Made in the People's Republic of China, and am discovering that many of these bumpers are made there. If not possible to include, the list price appears to be a good surrogate for where the part is made, if it is cheap, it is likely Chinese.....

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Very comprehensive list, lots for me to ponder when shopping for a bumper. Any chance that the country of origin could be added to the list? I do not want to purchase if Made in the People's Republic of China, and am discovering that many of these bumpers are made there. If not possible to include, the list price appears to be a good surrogate for where the part is made, if it is cheap, it is likely Chinese.....
Trailworx, 100% Made In Texas, USA >:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow guys, this thread is top notch!!! Thank you for all the hard work! Haven't been on the blue room in a several years since I moved to DC and unfortunately haven't wheeled since.

Quick question. Does anyone have pics of the Warrior Products Front Bumper with no winch mount and no brush card? Recently got in a minor fender bender and figured it'd be perfect excuse to upgrade. Given the no wheeling, no real need for a winch, and I'm trying to do on a budget.

Also if anyone knows if the WP skid that goes between the bumper and the engine bash will still work with the Ricochet engine bash that'd be really helpful too.

Thanks guys!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Wow guys, this thread is top notch!!! Thank you for all the hard work! Haven't been on the blue room in a several years since I moved to DC and unfortunately haven't wheeled since.

Quick question. Does anyone have pics of the Warrior Products Front Bumper with no winch mount and no brush card? Recently got in a minor fender bender and figured it'd be perfect excuse to upgrade. Given the no wheeling, no real need for a winch, and I'm trying to do on a budget.

Also if anyone knows if the WP skid that goes between the bumper and the engine bash will still work with the Ricochet engine bash that'd be really helpful too.

Thanks guys!
If you have the Ricochet engine skid plate I don't know if the normal Warrior skid works well with it but check out this guy, he had a custom filler plate made since he is here in Utah and Ricochet is also in Utah. He just went by the shop when they had down time and they fabricated it! I looks amazing huh?

And here is a picture of what the bumper looks like, just not actually installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you have the Ricochet engine skid plate I don't know if the normal Warrior skid works well with it but check out this guy, he had a custom filler plate made since he is here in Utah and Ricochet is also in Utah. He just went by the shop when they had down time and they fabricated it! I looks amazing huh?

And here is a picture of what the bumper looks like, just not actually installed.
:surprise Wow!! That looks great! See I think the problem I'm going to have is that I bought my Ricochets 10 years ago, and the bash is the original Ricochet bash that went over top of the stock engine skid and went clear to the bottom of the stock bumper.

So I figure I have two options:
1) Hope maybe the Ricochet bash goes clear to the bottom of the Warrior bumper, and figure out a way to connect it behind the bumper because either option, I'm going to have to take the bash off to install the bumper especially since it won't have a winch hole where I can work on it from up top.

2) Remove the Ricochet bash and use the filler skid I bought from Warrior and I'll just have the stock engine skid protecting it between where the Warrior filler plate attaches to the front of the engine skid and where my Ricochet engine skid that sits over the oil plan is. I've got the old-style Ricochet Bash, Engine, and Transmission skid, and it looks like the newer style "HD Skids" should still work with the Transmission skid since the engine and bash are one plate on the new ones.

Since I've been unable to locate ANY pictures online of what the non-brush guard/ non-winch mount bumper looks like mounted up on an FJ, I'll be sure to come back and post pictures!!:cheers::rocker:

I'm curious if install is going to be any different, but gonna get that bumper on there one way or another! Can't be driving around long term with the stock one zip-tied together where i played bumper cars with the Acura.

Thank you for the assist!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
:surprise Wow!! That looks great! See I think the problem I'm going to have is that I bought my Ricochets 10 years ago, and the bash is the original Ricochet bash that went over top of the stock engine skid and went clear to the bottom of the stock bumper.

So I figure I have two options:
1) Hope maybe the Ricochet bash goes clear to the bottom of the Warrior bumper, and figure out a way to connect it behind the bumper because either option, I'm going to have to take the bash off to install the bumper especially since it won't have a winch hole where I can work on it from up top.

2) Remove the Ricochet bash and use the filler skid I bought from Warrior and I'll just have the stock engine skid protecting it between where the Warrior filler plate attaches to the front of the engine skid and where my Ricochet engine skid that sits over the oil plan is. I've got the old-style Ricochet Bash, Engine, and Transmission skid, and it looks like the newer style "HD Skids" should still work with the Transmission skid since the engine and bash are one plate on the new ones.

Since I've been unable to locate ANY pictures online of what the non-brush guard/ non-winch mount bumper looks like mounted up on an FJ, I'll be sure to come back and post pictures!!:cheers::rocker:

I'm curious if install is going to be any different, but gonna get that bumper on there one way or another! Can't be driving around long term with the stock one zip-tied together where i played bumper cars with the Acura.

Thank you for the assist!
Yeah looks like you'd be the first to have photos of that type of bumper installed! PureFJCruiser was trying to get a group buy or something going on here a few years ago and I'm not sure if they had any luck. But yeah if you post up photos maybe they will be added to this thread in the photos for the Warrior bumpers!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah looks like you'd be the first to have photos of that type of bumper installed! PureFJCruiser was trying to get a group buy or something going on here a few years ago and I'm not sure if they had any luck. But yeah if you post up photos maybe they will be added to this thread in the photos for the Warrior bumpers!
I just couldn't see spending the extra $400 for the winch mount version, $??? for a winch, and the extra work to install since I haven't wheeled since moving from Colorado in 2011 :frown Plus deal was the cheapest I've seen for a steel bumper, they had in stock, and will be here to install soon. Worst case, I get the bumper on, end up moving somewhere where I can wheel again, and regret not having somewhere to mount a winch. :lol:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys !

I’m a sand dunes off road driver, so i’m searching a bumper made of aluminum ... which one is the best ?
The only one that I know is Demello Off road ...

Any other option?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
184 Posts
**Update 22 March**

Got the bumper installed this weekend! Here's some pics since I could not find any of the bumper without winch mount and also without brush guard. Since it required removal of the front mounting point for my Ricochet Bash plate (original style one that mounted from bumper to engine skid), I can no longer use it and have a small stretch of stock skid between the WP filler plate and the engine/tranny skid, but I guess that'll just be a good excuse to upgrade to RCI's set up if I ever make it back to lovely Colorado....don't really wheel much here in DC. Installation was SUPER easy since it doesn't have the winch mount/winch. Once we got everything off, had to do some minor fab/cutting around the headlight reinforcements (inside stock bumper), removed some of the other extraneous pieces, bolted it onto the stock frame bolts, put the filler plate on, and called it a day! ......well except for the 2hr clusterf*ck it turned into because I snapped the driver's side front bolt on the stock skid (condenser/radiator mount) where the WP filler plate needed to line up.... drilled out the bolt, fabricated a bolt, and put it all back together. Please with how it turned out! This is the Warrior Products 3500 with the optional filler plate (3515). OH! And thought the instructions say the plate won't work with the non-winch mount bumpers, it totally does. It was super easy to do with the grill off. Not sure how you'd mount with it on since there's no way to get inside the bumper otherwise. lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice find! That yellow one looks pretty darn good! The only thing I can see that’s questionable is the skinny recovery anchor points. I like the look though, and I bet they’re light weight.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk
The yellow one is 170lbs /forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

I emailed Proline about the other bumper last night, just got an answer from them, the R1 is actualy around 105 pds eventhough their site was saying a 170... Maybe it’s the same for the yellow one as well?

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Added Northwest Trail Innovation's bumper, C4 Fab's center bumper insert, and Proline's Bumper options to the comparison! :bigthumb:

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
**Update 22 March**

Got the bumper installed this weekend! Here's some pics since I could not find any of the bumper without winch mount and also without brush guard. Since it required removal of the front mounting point for my Ricochet Bash plate (original style one that mounted from bumper to engine skid), I can no longer use it and have a small stretch of stock skid between the WP filler plate and the engine/tranny skid, but I guess that'll just be a good excuse to upgrade to RCI's set up if I ever make it back to lovely Colorado....don't really wheel much here in DC. Installation was SUPER easy since it doesn't have the winch mount/winch. Once we got everything off, had to do some minor fab/cutting around the headlight reinforcements (inside stock bumper), removed some of the other extraneous pieces, bolted it onto the stock frame bolts, put the filler plate on, and called it a day! ......well except for the 2hr clusterf*ck it turned into because I snapped the driver's side front bolt on the stock skid (condenser/radiator mount) where the WP filler plate needed to line up.... drilled out the bolt, fabricated a bolt, and put it all back together. Please with how it turned out! This is the Warrior Products 3500 with the optional filler plate (3515). OH! And thought the instructions say the plate won't work with the non-winch mount bumpers, it totally does. It was super easy to do with the grill off. Not sure how you'd mount with it on since there's no way to get inside the bumper otherwise. lol.
Finally added a photo of your bumper to the comparison! Thanks for purchasing it so we finally can see what it looks like! And thanks for letting us know how install went, it is important stuff to know, especially for folks who are looking to install stuff for themselves for the first time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey. Ordered a RESZ Fab front bumper. Its the top photo. "RESZ Fab 3 hoop Stinger V2 FJ Cruiser steel bumper"

I like the radical look of the top one but does anybody find it annoying to see the middle hoop sticking above the hood while driving. I dont know if I have time to change order to the lower picture. Any owner opinions.

Thanks Craig

Not my rigs. Stolen from RESZ website :)

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
Hey. Ordered a RESZ Fab front bumper. Its the top photo. "RESZ Fab 3 hoop Stinger V2 FJ Cruiser steel bumper"

I like the radical look of the top one but does anybody find it annoying to see the middle hoop sticking above the hood while driving. I dont know if I have time to change order to the lower picture. Any owner opinions.

Thanks Craig

Not my rigs. Stolen from RESZ website :)

It's really not that bad or in the way but it is there. I also used the top of the stinger as a reference point. I have always loved the look of the stinger not many people rock them. I think they're scared...:grin

Attachments

141 - 160 of 162 Posts