Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
dude epic thread, i know its not a true lift but a few people have leveled their FJ with the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks and i personally have used them in the front with my ome coils. just a thought :cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Thanks all for your positive comments! :bigthumb:
So you're saying that I should include the price for the LT kits along with the price of the coil-overs required? So this would apply to companies like Total Choas, Camburg, and All Pro?
What he's saying is true- just a simple disclaimer so that folks don't think that all they need to do is drop the $2700-3100 for the kit only to find out axles are another $500-600, long travel 8" Coil-overs -$1300-1500 and bumps another $400+. Fabrication and installation aside, this has been an issue for many of here on the forum who bite the bullet only to realize the exponential costs were not really explained or included in the "kit".

Maybe state

"LT set-ups typically cost almost double the cost of the kit once all extra components (coil overs, axles, etc.) are purchased and fabrication (bump kits, etc.) completed. Installation will also add to the cost which could easily be an additional $500-1500 depending on work completed, gusseting, and replacement of parts as found worn"

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,236 Posts
What do you think about putting the date in the title, then any time you update the thread, you change the date in the title?

Again, great job, we will give you raise in your pay next year:)

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
I did a long post about this yesterday, but I don't know what happen to it. maybe I didn't click send. Anyhow

Thanks for putting this together
It seems this has been sorely needed for a long time
So we can keep this thread open for discussing, adding and tweaking the information, then we could start another thread with just all the updated information without conversation. Then it could be closed, but opened back up to edit anything new. I didn't read through all of the replies here so if this has been thought of, sorry. I just wanted to continue my thought from yesterday, before I went to the garage
Again great job. looks like this could be a trend for many other comparisons:bigthumb:
thanks
Don

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I don't know if it is possible but what would be real nice would be to have the travel measurements included. Up and down, claimed and actual.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What he's saying is true- just a simple disclaimer so that folks don't think that all they need to do is drop the $2700-3100 for the kit only to find out axles are another $500-600, long travel 8" Coil-overs -$1300-1500 and bumps another $400+. Fabrication and installation aside, this has been an issue for many of here on the forum who bite the bullet only to realize the exponential costs were not really explained or included in the "kit".

Maybe state

"LT set-ups typically cost almost double the cost of the kit once all extra components (coil overs, axles, etc.) are purchased and fabrication (bump kits, etc.) completed. Installation will also add to the cost which could easily be an additional $500-1500 depending on work completed, gusseting, and replacement of parts as found worn"

:cheers:
So I added what you said about LT kits as a disclaimer to the companies who sell long travel kits, hope that's okay :bigthumb:

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I don't know if it is possible but what would be real nice would be to have the travel measurements included. Up and down, claimed and actual.
For the companies that stated what the travel is for their kits, I made sure to provide the measurements, usually it's in the details or notes of the lifts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks FJX2000 !! Your research and write-ups help me understand and figure-out what to do with my FJ suspension. Thank you very much for all your hard work again!!

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Very good job, I didn't realize there were that many vendors offering kits for our FJs.

You may want to consider adding that both Icon and Radflo offer front and rear suspension to complement the various 6" lifts.

Also, Icon has recently standardized a "low speed valving change" that is a free-of-charge option on their coilovers that provides a softer ride than their normal tune. I am running these in the front and really like the way they ride.

Thanks
Shawn

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
So you're saying that I should include the price for the LT kits along with the price of the coil-overs required? So this would apply to companies like Total Choas, Camburg, and All Pro?
Yes it does apply. The pricing you had listed was just for the physical products that TC, AP, and Camburg produce which is just really upper and lower control arms.

Add in the actual shocks, axles, bump stops, etc and the cost goes up considerably.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Hey, I have been searching all over this forum for lift kit info and can't find any. So, which one should I get? :rofl:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Bilstein 5100s up front, on the 3rd notch to level. ~$200

Then move on to the rear later.

You can always come back to the front and raise it to the 4th notch or turn it into an adjustable coil-over setup from Toytec, for correcting the height to compensate for added weight from a bumper and winch or whatever else.

stay away from front end bolt-on spacer lifts. they will damage your shocks with regular use.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bilstein 5100s up front, on the 3rd notch to level. ~$200

Then move on to the rear later.

You can always come back to the front and raise it to the 4th notch or turn it into an adjustable coil-over setup from Toytec, for correcting the height to compensate for added weight from a bumper and winch or whatever else.

stay away from front end bolt-on spacer lifts. they will damage your shocks with regular use.

Thanx!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
For example if you price out the necessary components for Camburg LT to actually lift your FJC with their 3.5" kit your price is around $5200 rather than the $2800 you have listed there.
Similar price point for TC 2.5" & 3" kits as well when you add in bumps, axles, and coilovers. Call it $5200 across the board. :cheers:

Thanks for taking the time to update

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I was surfing the web the other day and realized that Warrior Products offers a lift kit, so i just updated the thread with that information. Also, the pictures for the Sonoran Steel fabrication lift should be here soon! It sounds like a good lift option personally.

21 - 40 of 145 Posts