Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
G'day FJX,
Update for King Suspension.
The RH front resi bracket has now been redesigned, and if they have done it right, no longer needs modification to fit ....
I'll know shortly once I fit my new bracket ... and will confirm if they got it right.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers
Baz

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
G'day FJX,
The RH front resi bracket has now been redesigned, and if they have done it right, no longer needs modification to fit ....
I'll know shortly once I fit my new bracket ... and will confirm if they got it right.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers
Baz
Thanks for letting me know!!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
G'day FJX,
No worries.
This is what it looks like ... excuse the poor iphone quality
[/IMG]

verses the original bracket ...
[/IMG]

Cheers
Baz

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Holy crap!!! They are different colors !!! Thats going to drive Baz Batty!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison, they're all here! UPDATED!

G'day FJX,
Fingers crossed.
Cheers
Baz
You're still waiting?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Awesome list. Thanks for putting it together. I noticed a couple vendors were missing for some of the shocks and since they are forum vendors I figured I would post them.

Radflo- Also sold by Toytec and PureFJCruiser
Rancho and Procomp- Sold by PureFJCruiser

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
G'day Alex and Chris,
Got the new bracket yesterday ... and yes its a different colour and texture...
so now I got to either hassle King for 3 more the same ... or paint them all BLUE !!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: they cannot be different ... it would institutionalise me.....:lol::lol::lol:
The quick solution is to paint ... it only took King 8 months to get this one too me ...
Still pondering....

Cheers
Baz
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Awesome list. Thanks for putting it together. I noticed a couple vendors were missing for some of the shocks and since they are forum vendors I figured I would post them.

Radflo- Also sold by Toytec and PureFJCruiser
Rancho and Procomp- Sold by PureFJCruiser
Good catch. Radflo's are awesome too. Rancho and Procomp...not so much.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Finally! The forum, and the whole world, can see a picture of the Sonoran Steel lift kit contents for the FJ Cruiser! Check it out! I just updated the thread with it. No where on the internet could I (or anybody else) find a picture of the actual kit contents. But forum member rethcork just bought and received the kit and he had informed me about it so i put the info down on the thread but he just now got me pictures of the kit. Thanks rethcork!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Always happy to help, I'll get it installed soon and post up the pics of it installed too!

Thanks to FJX2000 for this great thread.

Finally! The forum, and the whole world, can see a picture of the Sonoran Steel lift kit contents for the FJ Cruiser! Check it out! I just updated the thread with it. No where on the internet could I (or anybody else) find a picture of the actual kit contents. But forum member rethcork just bought and received the kit and he had informed me about it so i put the info down on the thread but he just now got me pictures of the kit. Thanks rethcork!!

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
G'day FX,
Update on King suspensions...
The new RH Front resi bracket is still a dud for 2010+ ... it doesn't fit, much to my surprise...
infact its worse than the old bracket.

So please amend, accordingly ..

Cheers
Baz

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
G'day FX,
The new RH Front resi bracket is still a dud for 2010+ ... it doesn't fit, much to my surprise...

Cheers
Baz
Thank for letting me know!! I just made the change! :bigthumb:

Cheers! :cheers:

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
and here i though the only suspension available was those advertised on fjcruiseraccesory.com, purefjcruiser.com and Allpro.com!!!! I'm still a bit partial to Fox as I've had them on my Mt.bikes and have no issues with them what so ever! :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
G'day FX,

Cheers
Baz
Lovely; got a set on order for my 2011. Anyone figured out what needs to be modified to make it work, hopefully with pics? Want to be prepared when these arrive :cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do the needs change for those of us with the TT package? Like maybe we don't need shocks?

What is the difference with the 2010+ and is the 2010+ setup better?

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Do the needs change for those of us with the TT package? Like maybe we don't need shocks?

What is the difference with the 2010+ and is the 2010+ setup better?
The TRD Bilstein shocks are just more tuned for off-road use and abuse. The TRDs are arguably better than just normal Bilstein shocks that come on regular FJs, but as far as lift upgrades, you would need to replace them.

Unless you only got a spacer lift, then you would keep your TRD shocks, but even some spacer lifts come with their own set of rear shocks so you front would still be the TRDs but your rear would be the Rough Country for example if you went with their 3" lift kit.

41 - 60 of 144 Posts