Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CEMENT FJ
59 Posts
Just received my ASFIR front skid plate ... in 12 days ... all the way from Israel ... during a worldwide pandemic ... CRAZY!!!how much for the set and what came with the set?

This thing is super beefy, 1/4in thick aluminum. There are big bend reliefs at the base of every cut and all of the edges are dressed nicely and finger friendly. The bottom surface is nicely polished to a shiny bare aluminum finish while the top surface is raw and untouched. The bolt clearance holes are slotted and the port access openings look like they will provide plenty of tool and hand access.

All in all I'm really impressed with the company, the shipping and the product. Installation will hopefully happen this weekend after I finish up the transmission and power steering hard line replacement and cleanup.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
100 Posts
B-Man.
If you get a chance post a couple pics of the asfir skid installed.
Think I am going to pull the trigger on the front and transmission skids. Wanted aluminum as it is lighter a better fit for me in the Midwest.
Also want it to match up to existing oem bumper.
Here is a picture of the install. If you want a better angle let me know. Again, I'm pretty satisfied with it and the install was easy. Except for the rusty #@!$% bolts anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 CEMENT FJ
59 Posts
Here is a picture of the install. If you want a better angle let me know. Again, I'm pretty satisfied with it and the install was easy. Except for the rusty #@!$% bolts anyway.
What was the price for the set

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
100 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks B-Man. Ordered my front and trans skids last week. They have left Isreal. Says they are in transit to U.S.
Will post pics once I get them and put them on. Thank you for all your help.
Mini. Shipping isn't cheap, but the sticker price is cheaper so all in they are comparable to others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks a ton for the posts and pics of the skid plate from Asfir! I just took the plunge and ordered it for $268 shipped. I'm from the Midwest and will have the same busted bolts to drill out repair work you did after destroying what was the OEM plate to get to the leaking tranny cooler lines.

I've had my '07 "Bruiser" for almost six years now and I do believe that this new skid plate will finally lead me to start making some true mods. I've got my eye on a new Smittybuilt bumper from 4wheelparts.com. They have a nice Memorial Day sale going on with no sales tax and free shipping over $75.

I might be going down an expensive road, but man, I have wanted to mod on this thing from the day I bought it home. 🍻

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
100 Posts
Thanks a ton for the posts and pics of the skid plate from Asfir! I just took the plunge and ordered it for $268 shipped. I'm from the Midwest and will have the same busted bolts to drill out repair work you did after destroying what was the OEM plate to get to the leaking tranny cooler lines.
Yeah, the facts that it's 1 piece, easy to bolt (aside from rusty bolts), pretty inexpensive, and from a company with great customer service seems like a no brainer. Keep in mind that I'm not out rock crawling ... at all. The occasional rough off road, yes. But I just wanted the skid plate to protect all the hoses and belts.

I will say that I changed the oil today and made a bit of a mess. The oil drain plug access could certainly stand to be another 1/2 inch bigger all around. A fat hand turning the plug will eat every bit of space and make a mess when the plug let's out and you can't get your hand out quick. A minor squawk all in all, but a squawk.

Have fun!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Quality seems good. Communication from them was excellent. Delivery was two weeks(maybe a couple days less) from Isreal even with everything going on.
Fitment is really good. Been on roughly 2 weeks and happy with them so far. Good for my needs.
Installed easily and only needed a hand from my 11 yr old for about 1 minute. Mostly because they are aluminum and can be held in place with one hand while securing bolts with the other. Did cut rubber spacers out of a bridge deck beam shim to make sure there was nowhere that the aluminum was in direct contact with steel.
The access hikes for oil changes and differential fluid change are small. Will likely remove the skids to perform maintenance as I think I will make more of a mess trying to work around them.
Please move photos to any correct location for them. Just wanted to provide some comparison and insight on them. Hope it helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good luck getting delivery... mine has been on order since August and cannot even get an update from RESZ.
I've been calling to get my money back. (With no luck) I'm to the point where I'm just going to design and build one myself. I found some scrap AR400 steel at work that I can get my hands on. (Hopefully )

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts