Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after seaching my butt off I cannot find any information on the Dallas caravan leaving from Toyota of Dallas. So this is the new and improved post for the info! I'd like to get the Dallas FJ'ers and the others to give input on times to leave and meeting up with the other 69 million caravans out there! Thanks:thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think you might be referring to the one SunFusion started but since he's banned I'm not sure where we stand..

I live in Grapevine so I'm going the same route as last year. Out 114 to 287 to I40 then 550. Took 14 hrs, straight.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Darn.. Thought you'd come to my house to swap out my LED's in my dash.. ;)

Definately would meet. I will talk to the DFW guys at our next meet & greet and see if any are going too.

We are getting back from family vacation on Sunday then I was going to head out Wednesday morning or around noon'ish.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
SunFusionCruiser is actually leaving on Sunday the 13th and coming to Denver. He is staying with us. We will have our convoy from Denver on Wed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'll be leaving some time either on the 12th or the 13th. I will be splitting the trip by stopping in Santa Fe to spend the night. I would love to drive it stright through, but it's too hard on my 2 boys. They are still riding in booster seats and it is hard to ride in those things for too long of a time.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I think you might be referring to the one SunFusion started but since he's banned I'm not sure where we stand..

I live in Grapevine so I'm going the same route as last year. Out 114 to 287 to I40 then 550. Took 14 hrs, straight.
Similar route to the one I'm taking from Carrollton, but will probably head north to Denton and Hwy 380 and then over to Hwy 287 in Decatur.

The grrlfiend and I are leaving much earlier though; probably around 4 or 5am (so we arrive in Ouray around 6pm) on Wednesday the 16th.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Leaving on the 11th---not sure where we'll spend the night---arrive on the 12th

:cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
My family and I are coming from Mexico City. We are planning to start our trip in the US side from San Antonio, Texas (or Laredo). Do you have any idea on how many miles are from San Antonio to Ouray?. Which way do you recomend to get there?
May be we can join a caravan from Texas.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
My family and I are coming from Mexico City. We are planning to start our trip in the US side from San Antonio, Texas (or Laredo). Do you have any idea on how many miles are from San Antonio to Ouray?. Which way do you recomend to get there?
May be we can join a caravan from Texas.
You can use Google Maps to plug in a route from either San Antonio or Laredo, and it will tell you the distance. If I were you, I'd plan an overnight stop mid-way there, as I'm sure it's too far to drive safely in one day...

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
T2 K2 and Halleygirl Schedule:

Saturday 6am Leave Dallas ---> Wichita Falls--->Amarillo-------> New Mexico border------>SanteFe ------ Garrett's Desert Inn (Just off the square) ------> Delicious Dinner.

Sunday-----> Lazy start------> Shopping for silver------>Drive north to ( something) Springs-------> Durango stop for Provisions ( beer mostly) -------> Ouray

We may stay the night in Durango , dinner and wine is nice at Seasons ( thanks Jeff!) and head up to Ouray in the AM ( I forget what my reservations are like.)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Saturday 6am Leave Dallas ---> Wichita Falls--->Amarillo-------> New Mexico border------>SanteFe ------ Garrett's Desert Inn (Just off the square) ------> Delicious Dinner.

Sunday-----> Lazy start------> Shopping for silver------>Drive north to ( something) Springs-------> Durango stop for Provisions ( beer mostly) -------> Ouray

We may stay the night in Durango , dinner and wine is nice at Seasons ( thanks Jeff!) and head up to Ouray in the AM ( I forget what my reservations are like.)
Hell we may roll with you!!:rocker:

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can use Google Maps to plug in a route from either San Antonio or Laredo, and it will tell you the distance. If I were you, I'd plan an overnight stop mid-way there, as I'm sure it's too far to drive safely in one day...
Thank you Joe.

I already see google and it really help me.

I will spend three days on the road to get there.

1rst day all the way up Mexico City to Laredo
2nd Laredo - El paso
3rd El paso - Ouray.

It is a long way but we are ver ha´ppy in participate in the Summt.

See you in Ouray!!!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Bueno!

Man, that's a long distance - I'm not gonna complain about my little hop from Dallas, now!

·
Registered
173 Posts

Sounds like a good plan to me. :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
After contacting Garret's in Santa Fe we discovered there were no rooms available Saturday the 12th. The Folk Art Festival in town that weekend! (BTW this is a great event ). After some searching we booked a room at The Holiday Inn Express. They have over 50 rooms available and are relatively close the the square.

So here's the contact info:

SANTA FE CERRILLOS
Holiday Inn Express

3450 CERRILLOS ROAD
SANTA FE, NM 87507
UNITED STATES
LOCAL PHONE: 1-505-4747
Holiday Inn Express SANTA FE Hotels | SANTA FE CERRILLOS | Welcome

They have a AAA rate 108.00 night
Check-In Date: Sat 12 Jul 2008
Check-Out Date: Sun 13 Jul 2008
Driving Directions:
I-25 NORTH OR SOUTH, TAKE EXIT 27B, CERRILLOS ROAD EXIT. STRAIGHT FOR 3 MILES, HOTEL IS ON THE RIGHT.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts