Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to westwood jepep today to pick up another liberty diesel for the company and i saw the new 4 door wrangler. it was nice and rugged looking but was not impressed. it did however have full skids underneath and the doors seemed very very lite. probably because they can be removed. otherwise it wasn't very impressive. maybe jeep dudes will like it. it had 18's on with 255s. the only thing i like about it is the option to take the top of. offcourse i opened the hood and there's a smallish looking v6 under there which puts out 202 horses. anyway just thought i'd tell those who wanted to go see it that dealers have it now.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
You'd buy ANOTHER Liberty CRD?

Wow.

Anywhoo the new Rubi two door is an excellent rig.

No CJ, but a nice rig nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Why stop at 4 doors?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went to trade in my 04 TJ softtop on a new Wrangler JK and was very disappointed in it. The sheet metal on the new Wrangler is about the thickness of a Pepsi can, anywhere on the body you press on it, it gives in substantially, much thinner than on the TJ. Also, I wanted the two door and they did away with the tilt and slide passenger seat which gives access to the rear seat. Only a contortionist can get into the back seat on the two door and that by sliding under the seatbelt, inexcusable design. The ride was better than the TJ, but the JK seems WAY underpowered, even by Jeep standards. All the new plastic pieces: soft door window frames, fenders, interior bits seem much cheaper than on the TJ. I think the whole vehicle was an exercise in cost cutting. Returned to my roots (previous owner of a Land Cruiser wagon and FJ40) and bought an FJ and I am so glad I did. I think off-road the new Jk will give the FJ a run for its money, but comfort, performance on road and overall quality gives the nod to the Toyota by a landslide (and I did love my TJ!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts