Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Is it the ones on top?
Wire t-tap splice. What wire size?
Sorry. I want to do this but dont want to screw something up
Did you use a fork terminal to put it in the fuse?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I put this is my bookmarks, if any of u local guys in "THE Valley" can help me do this in person, Ill give you a 6pack or a free air hose, IM me. Nice find rep points on this thread.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
A few things still need to be addressed here, not all are super wizz bangs at electrical things.

1. What size is that blue wire you are using.
2. What size wire tap?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
A few things still need to be addressed here, not all are super wizz bangs at electrical things.

1. What size is that blue wire you are using.
2. What size wire tap?
1) The size of the wire used to route power from the fuse box isn't really critical. There is no current to speak of in this circuit so 22ga would be fine. Even smaller would be probably be OK if that is what you have lying around.

2) I do not have the box that my T-Splices came in, but I would guess that they are of the "18-22ga" variety.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've looked all over the place for the t-taps and can't find them anywhere. I've checked Lowes, Home Depot, and Radio Shack all with no luck ... any ideas besides order online?

Thanks,
Shannon

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
You win the gold star. And a sticky.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Outstanding.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Pep Boys has them...Radio Shack isn't what it used to be for electronics components.

I've looked all over the place for the t-taps and can't find them anywhere. I've checked Lowes, Home Depot, and Radio Shack all with no luck ... any ideas besides order online?

Thanks,
Shannon

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
shift the transmission into 1st gear (L on automatics), shift the transfer case into 4L, and select A-TRAC and RR DIFF (in no particular order). If the A-TRAC light, and rear-diff icon light are both on at the same time, you have succeeded:
Why L on auto, this mod should work fine in D on auto, the ECU should pick the approprite gear?

·
Registered
89 Posts
And then run it to a fused, switched, +12v source (blue wire):

I was studying your writeup and pictures. I see that you have colored your panel whether they're switched or constant power. Even down to the color of wires. I'm gonna do the same.

I'm going to do this and interior map light over the holidays.

Thanks bunch!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I was studying your writeup and pictures. I see that you have colored your panel whether they're switched or constant power. Even down to the color of wires. I'm gonna do the same.

I'm going to do this and interior map light over the holidays.

Thanks bunch!
The photos belong to SwissArmySUV, so that credit belongs to him. :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I put this is my bookmarks, if any of u local guys in "THE Valley" can help me do this in person, Ill give you a 6pack or a free air hose, IM me. Nice find rep points on this thread.
Chats, I'm in no hurry to do this but would like to do this hack. Let's see if we can't get a group of guys together and order a bunch of the T-taps and have a "superstar No cut Hack". I bet the next time you go wheelin with a group of FJ's, you're bound to run into someone who has done the hack. Just have the T-tap ready and the instructions and you can do it on the trail.

Superstar, BIG thanks for the dummies version. Nice contribution man. Should we call this the Superstar No Cut Atrac/Locker Hack or simply the No Cut Atrac/Locker Hack?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Chats, I'm in no hurry to do this but would like to do this hack. Let's see if we can't get a group of guys together and order a bunch of the T-taps and have a "superstar No cut Hack". I bet the next time you go wheelin with a group of FJ's, you're bound to run into someone who has done the hack. Just have the T-tap ready and the instructions and you can do it on the trail.

Superstar, BIG thanks for the dummies version. Nice contribution man. Should we call this the Superstar No Cut Atrac/Locker Hack or simply the No Cut Atrac/Locker Hack?
Superstar has a better ring to it. ;)

Happy to contribute.

21 - 40 of 276 Posts