Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Folks, I'm new but I have ordered and have a confirmed allocated 2014 FJ Cruiser Trail Team Ultimate Edition. I wanted to start a specific thread to cover any information you have received from your dealer if you have already ordered a 2014 TTUE.

Mine was ordered in December through my local dealer in Athens, Georgia. I have not bugged the guy much about it other than to have it confirmed that one is allocated to this dealership and the soft deposit I have on it makes it mine to turn down. He expects its arrival around mid March.

If you have ordered a 2014 TTUE please post the current information you have about its arrival and any information you have gathered from your dealer.

As a former Z71, and Jeep owner I am excited about my new ride!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
"soft deposit I have on it makes it mine to turn down" FWIW, When I bought my FJ back in '06 it was parked on the side of the showroom with a SOLD sign hanging on the rear view. I guess nothing is set in stone but Good Luck gettiing what you want.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
KD,
I had 2 older LC's and I sold them in November so I could buy a TTUE.
It has been ordered and it is scheduled to ship on Valentines day.
The vessel will arrive March 14 at port.
Hopefully, it will be here by April 1.
I have a 2012 RR TT and my intention is to have choices everyday as to which one stays in the garage with my other friends and which one rides with me.
I am getting both set up the same.

Automatic
Pin Stripe
TRD Exhaust
Hood Protector
Tow Package
Cargo Cover
All weather mats
Dual storage on rear doors
Aluminum Shifters
Door Sill AL Protectors
TRD Oil Cap and Radiator cap
Ziebart Undercoating

I can't wait till April fools Day.
What options are you getting on yours….gm

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
As I am new to Toyota (never had anything but domestic) I have not optioned anything on this vehicle. Once it is in the drive I'll mess with it some. I'll be glad to get to drive something I like once again. For the past 15 years I have driven the "old" cars and let the wife have the nice vehicles. This one's mine!. (it will be quite an upgrade from the 01 Malibu and the 93 Roadmaster Wagon).

Edited to add: that I do have a 1968 Chevelle in the garage so I do get to keep my man card.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
welcome to the Forum ... hope everything goes smoothly with your FJC purchase ...
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
As I am new to Toyota (never had anything but domestic) I have not optioned anything on this vehicle. Once it is in the drive I'll mess with it some. I'll be glad to get to drive something I like once again. For the past 15 years I have driven the "old" cars and let the wife have the nice vehicles. This one's mine!. (it will be quite an upgrade from the 01 Malibu and the 93 Roadmaster Wagon).

Edited to add: that I do have a 1968 Chevelle in the garage so I do get to keep my man card.
KD,
I have a 66 Corvair and 86 Ford F150P in the garage, so I must be a very old man!
LOL….gm

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have mine on order too. I put my deposit down a couple weeks ago and was told it will be here the first week of April. Not sure what I am going to do to it yet. I know I want a light bar, but not sure of what else. Maybe a better sound system. Upset we can't get the premium sound with it.

http://instagram.com/p/jhfGeqPsaO/

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
I have mine on order too. I put my deposit down a couple weeks ago and was told it will be here the first week of April. Not sure what I am going to do to it yet. I know I want a light bar, but not sure of what else. Maybe a better sound system. Upset we can't get the premium sound with it.

Instagram
Actually its most likely better to place in an aftermarket system anyways. The JBL isn't as great as its sold. The main reason they dont come with an upgrade is the fact the TT and Offroad are similarly optioned so they both come with basic packages. The only one to offer something different was 2011 NSSE (Ill let you look it up :lol:). Those were some one offs that got a little bonus in the stereo. That being said- I've upgraded mine and couldn't be happier

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
A coworker has ordered his '14 TTUE. I'm excited to see it. He was told (and this may not be true) that each dealer is allocated only one TTUE.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thats what I was told as well. I went to a dealer in NJ that claimed to be the biggest dealer in the North East (Prestige Toyota) and they said they are only getting 1, maybe 2 and already had 5 people on a waiting list. My local dealership is small but they didn't have anyone come in asking about the TTUE. They said they had only one allocation and it was mine! I ordered it last week and they told me they would have an expected delivery date by next week. Very excited!!

My plan is to remain stock for atleast a few years. Maybe some window rain visors and a forum badge will be my only "mods". I plan to also do a layer of opti-coat on the exterior and fluid-film underneath to protect it before it sees its first winter.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
My plan is to remain stock for atleast a few years. Maybe some window rain visors and a forum badge will be my only "mods". I plan to also do a layer of opti-coat on the exterior and fluid-film underneath to protect it before it sees its first winter.
You say that now.

Just wait.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
You say that now.

Just wait.

Agreed. That plan is no fun. He will get the mod bug like all the rest of us I'm sure! :rocker:

When I first got my FJ, I said there's no need for bumpers, etc., and I have it all now :worried:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
We ordered ours last month and it's in production now. According to the southwest regional manager, none of these will hit the sales floor. All are being built to order after purchase and the dealership is only being allocated the one I purchased.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Congrats, it's a beauty! I picked mine up Friday, the 21!

·
Premium Member
305 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats! Ordered mine two weeks ago. Dealer wasn't allocated one, but they found another dealer who was and snagged it. They say it's still in production. No estimated ship date yet. I'm guessing I won't have it until mid/late April. The dealer didn't seem to understand that these are going to be hard-to-get - which I took full advantage of on price!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Malves85 for the opti-coat and fluid-film ideas, I've been thinking about doing something like that but didn't know what.

I traded my '10 FJ in yesterday for a TTUE yesterday at a dealer who said the original buyer had a $ problem, I was the lucky one to get it apparently, only 20 miles away.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just purchased my own TTUE today in Dallas. It will sit along side my 07" Sun Fusion that I passed along to my oldest daughter.
I was having FJ withdrawals and traded in my King Ranch F-150 for the TTUE.
I'm happy, happy now.
Photos to follow.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts