Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
How about creating a thread for us PRERUNNERS (4X2) out there. We would benefit from a thread like that instead of seaching all over in the 4X4 thread.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 4X2 / Offroad Tech thread?

let's see what the mods do about it.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

I got one of those pre runners!

·
Banned
2,998 Posts

Me too! And I hung with the "big boys" on the Mojave Trail, too - BONE FACTORY STOCK!!! :D

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts

How about creating a thread for us PRERUNNERS (4X2) out there.
yeah, i say it's about time for a prerunner thread! :sunny:
Such a "thread" has just been started, and that's what we're reading right now. :D :D

Seriously though, it's not that the Forum discriminates in any way against the 4x2s. It's just that since the 4x2 FJC is such an off-road capable truck, it would be difficult to justify a dedicated section/forum to it where 4x2 topics of discussion would differ that much from its 4x4 couterpart.

I'm sure that when the Administrators see this particular thread, they'll determine whether or not such a stand-alone area would be warranted.

However, my guess is that since there are few (if any) specific modifications, driving techniques and/or aftermarket accessories exclusive to the 4x2 version, 4x2 pre-runner topics will likely remain within the realm of general off-road, technical and modification forums and sub-forums.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts

I did not realize that there were as many of us on here as there are. COOL!!!! Any info at all is A-OK!

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts

Such a "thread" has just been started, and that's what we're reading right now. :D :D

Seriously though, it's not that the Forum discriminates in any way against the 4x2s. It's just that since the 4x2 FJC is such an off-road capable truck, it would be difficult to justify a dedicated section/forum to it where 4x2 topics of discussion would differ that much from its 4x4 couterpart.

I'm sure that when the Administrators see this particular thread, they'll determine whether or not such a stand-alone area would be warranted.

However, my guess is that since there are few (if any) specific modifications, driving techniques and/or aftermarket accessories exclusive to the 4x2 version, 4x2 pre-runner topics will likely remain within the realm of general off-road, technical and modification forums and sub-forums.

Hey Steve, a thought. Any advice that the big boys could give to us Pre-Runners to, say, take more advantage of the stuff we have on the 4x2 would be much appreciated. I have to say that I am totally ignorant of what my PreRunner can do. Now that I have the lift, I am feeling more a part of the 4x4 guys in our NOLA area. Next is testing him a little.

Thanks!!!!

Kim

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

:bump: :bump:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I have a PreRunner! But its not an FJ :(

Jet Cat do you have a thread on the build of your FJ? From your sig pic it looks sweet.
I borrowed the pic from allpro, it's basically the same thing exept the IPF lights.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Where's wrigman for some pre-runner stories....:)
He is at work, and will chime in later today I'm sure. This sounds good to me, i think back in 06 someone wanted our own thread and we were denied, cause there just aren't enough of us.

He gets told a lot "wow you made it up here in a 2wd?!!" and "that 2wd?, no way!" and "you mean to tell me that that thing is a 2wd,(look of uncertainty, cause he must be misinformed) and you made it up this?!" oh yes, it is true, he goes where some only dream to dare!! JK!!! :)

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts

He is at work, and will chime in later today I'm sure. This sounds good to me, i think back in 06 someone wanted our own thread and we were denied, cause there just aren't enough of us.

He gets told a lot "wow you made it up here in a 2wd?!!" and "that 2wd?, no way!" and "you mean to tell me that that thing is a 2wd,(look of uncertainty, cause he must be misinformed) and you made it up this?!" oh yes, it is true, he goes where some only dream to dare!! JK!!! :)
It was you two that finally got me to ignore the 4x2 label. Like LandCruiserSteve said, our rigs are totally capable. I think, at least for me, it was the 4x2 badge that had me convinced that my truck was not as capable as others. Sure am glad that you guys taught me wrong.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts

I understand and agree with the various points of views offered regaridng this thread.

What I would offer is to create a thread with lusty-tales of adventures and accomplishments in the 2X4 FJ's. I'd like to see what they can do offroad.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

It was you two that finally got me to ignore the 4x2 label. Like LandCruiserSteve said, our rigs are totally capable. I think, at least for me, it was the 4x2 badge that had me convinced that my truck was not as capable as others. Sure am glad that you guys taught me wrong.

Thanks!
Anything to help a friend!!! Us 2wd's must stick together and show our stuff!!(FJ-stuff that is!!)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

we should have a 4X2 offroad trail report thread too! to show where we have been! and what we couldn't do, too i guess!:indifferent:
now this may get out of control!!! LOL!!!!:silly:

1 - 20 of 130 Posts