Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I love my 4x2 and have had no problems getting up or down even the hard stuff. I love it when I have to correct people on every trail over and over, "no...no, I wasnt using A-trac, its a 4x2," and the response is always what? even at cleghorn, my friend in his 4runner got stuck and a guy on a dirt bike said, there is no way a 4x2 could make it up that hill, and I look at him and said, well I just did, with no locker I might add. Ive even been on some trails where I made it up stuff beginer 4x4's had trouble with.

and I just ordered my Prerunner emblem!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I love my 4x2 and have had no problems getting up or down even the hard stuff. I love it when I have to correct people on every trail over and over, "no...no, I wasnt using A-trac, its a 4x2," and the response is always what? even at cleghorn, my friend in his 4runner got stuck and a guy on a dirt bike said, there is no way a 4x2 could make it up that hill, and I look at him and said, well I just did, with no locker I might add. Ive even been on some trails where I made it up stuff beginer 4x4's had trouble with.

Good job!
P.S. The prerunner badge is one of the COOLEST mod's you can do to a 4x2! I think it was either Bang, Bang or Sun fusion cruiser that gave me the idea for ours!

All this is all I have ever tried to say!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I'm glad this thread is doing what is doing, getting us pre-runners respect.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
I am looking at some really crappy areas in Jefferson Parish where I run daily. It makes you go hmmmmmmmm...............

Kim

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts

Where did you order your Prerunner badge?????? I have been looking myself!

Kim:thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
We got our pre-runner badge from our local toyota dealer, it is from i think a1998 (not the current body style) Tacoma, if you can't get it from your local dealer you can try calling Quality Toyota in Corona CA, i believe it was about $27 or maybe a little more. They have more than the one we have if you want it bigger or different font etc., from different years of their trucks. i think?
We are getting our new springs on today, wrigman has his day off all planned out with Nala!!! Springs, speakers, and stereo head unit adjustment(they sent wrong pieces in the dash kit).:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
sweet thread!
I think one difference I've noticed is the area where the 4x4 hi/lo gear selector lever is. This leaves us a lot more room to do mods. I mounted a CB into the center console so that only the faceplate sticks out. I'm at work right now, but I'll see if I can go take a pic of it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Forgive the cell phone shots. I'll update them later.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Thanks Steve. It really is turning into alot of FUN, FJ style!

Kim

·
Registered
302 Posts
We are getting our new springs on today, wrigman has his day off all planned out with Nala!!! Springs, speakers, and stereo head unit adjustment(they sent wrong pieces in the dash kit).:)
How did the day play out? Pictures?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Where did you order your Prerunner badge?????? I have been looking myself!

Kim:thinkerg:
I got mine off ebay for a 2007 taco for about $25. you can get them from the dealer too.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Good job!
P.S. The prerunner badge is one of the COOLEST mod's you can do to a 4x2! I think it was either Bang, Bang or Sun fusion cruiser that gave me the idea for ours!

All this is all I have ever tried to say!
wrigman..I got the idea from your truck. I had thought about it before but it finally clicked when I saw you rig at the last Mojave run.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm glad this thread is doing what is doing, getting us pre-runners respect.
I have to deal with s**t from 4x4 people all the time (not people on here, but other places). this forum is pretty good to us 4x2's but it could be better. anyone thought of starting a prerunnerfjforum.com or 4x2fj forum.com? most of the people who give me crap are posers anyway. I even now got the pinstripes to prove where ive been, nice, haha.

·
Registered
718 Posts
BTW, for those of you doing the cheap upgrade to stock 4x4 coil overs in the front, make sure you install them on the correct side. they are right and left specific. driver side should have a spring with green and yellow paint markings and the passenger side should have green and purplish grey markings. mine was the opposite way around making my driver side soft when it was supposed to be firmer to compensate for the extra weight added to the left of the FJ.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
How did the day play out? Pictures?
I have no pic's, but the day went well. I only got the new dash kit for the AVIC D3 and the new front springs done today. The rear speaker fix is going to have to wait until tomorrow. The OME heavy springs feel good up front. Sandabbe didn't even remember me installing them. I had to ask what she thought! She said it was a little different, but not much.
If you want to see pic's of the dash kit install, look for my head unit install thread in the stereo section.:)
OH!!! Forgot to mention....I have a pair of OME MED. front springs for sale, $70.00.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
wrigman..I got the idea from your truck. I had thought about it before but it finally clicked when I saw you rig at the last Mojave run.
:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

81 - 100 of 130 Posts