Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have no pic's, but the day went well. I only got the new dash kit for the AVIC D3 and the new front springs done today. The rear speaker fix is going to have to wait until tomorrow. The OME heavy springs feel good up front. Sandabbe didn't even remember me installing them. I had to ask what she thought! She said it was a little different, but not much.
If you want to see pic's of the dash kit install, look for my head unit install thread in the stereo section.:)
OH!!! Forgot to mention....I have a pair of OME MED. front springs for sale, $70.00.
are the mediums the 884? I might be interested but havent decided for sure yet. let me know.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nice CB install...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Installed Tuffy Cargo Box Last night.

Here are a few more pics of the Rig

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
DUDE! VERY WELL DONE!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,137 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Oh..thats bad A$$....

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
are the mediums the 884? I might be interested but havent decided for sure yet. let me know.
These are 885's. 884's are soft.:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
updated photo:

it was very easy to do. I did it with help from a $7 wannabe dremel from Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
718 Posts
my prerunner emblem comes in tomorrow:)

I also just put on my Gibson exhaust and it sounds nice, especially since I got it for $300 shipped.

·
Registered
588 Posts
my prerunner emblem comes in tomorrow:)

I also just put on my Gibson exhaust and it sounds nice, especially since I got it for $300 shipped.
Sweet! I have the JBA exhaust sitting at my apt right now, I just need to find the time to put it in!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Sweet! I have the JBA exhaust sitting at my apt right now, I just need to find the time to put it in!
It all comes to time, never enough. I have the ARB air lokcer and the compressor sitting in my truck due to not enough time.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It all comes to time, never enough. I have the ARB air lokcer and the compressor sitting in my truck due to not enough time.
ARB air locker is on my list when I can afford it. it sure would come in handy at times.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just an idea to give your FJ a pre-runner look...the guys I went wheeling with this weekend noticed my spare was tilted up quite a bit and really had a more pre-runner look than the normal spare carrier. Upon closer inspection, the spare mount had been flipped to accommodate a larger spare. It's easy to do, the holes match up, just undo the nuts on top and bolts on the bottom, flip it, and instant "pre-runner" look.

As mentioned above, this is also a way to get a larger tire on your spare carrier.

warning---you may lose the use of your rear window.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Just an idea to give your FJ a pre-runner look...the guys I went wheeling with this weekend noticed my spare was tilted up quite a bit and really had a more pre-runner look than the normal spare carrier. Upon closer inspection, the spare mount had been flipped to accommodate a larger spare. It's easy to do, the holes match up, just undo the nuts on top and bolts on the bottom, flip it, and instant "pre-runner" look.

As mentioned above, this is also a way to get a larger tire on your spare carrier.

warning---you may lose the use of your rear window.
That's a good idea! I allready lost use of the rear window with my goby ladder.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
updated photo:

it was very easy to do. I did it with help from a $7 wannabe dremel from Harbor Freight.
Nice install. Looks real custom! I have the same CB. Finally got it to work. Long story short. The stripped end of the coax that I put together cam apart :boohoo: It's all good now.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Picked up a 08 4x2 SS 3 weeks ago. Planning on a Plasti-dip bonanza soon. My problem-I don't like the rake it has. What can I get to level it out? How big of a spacer do I need? I am just looking at doing the front. Eventually I will get a full lift (when the tires need replacing and from the tread left it looks like that will be quite awhile) and new tires.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Guys glad this thread exists.

i am currently running 5100's up front on the lowest notch with the toytec/eibach leveling springs. In the rears i have the OME 60004 shocks with stock coils.
Also got some 265/70/17 Hankook ATM RF 10 tires (which are awesome)

i haven't fully explored my limits yet on what the car is capable of handling, but i know i can def climb a decent hill with the diff lock on.

I Know i can really play in the sand or mud but anyone else on here with the diff lock have some good advice on our limitations?

thanks for the replies replies in advance.

[/URL][/IMG]

101 - 120 of 130 Posts