Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My philosophy is "4wd is for those who plan on getting stuck" 4wd or the locker should never be engaged until you are "stuck" I grew up driving on the nasty red clay. My 2wd drive has made it down one of the most difficult red clay roads in my area. I have seen All out modded 4x4s end up in the creek that runs by it or in the deep ditch on the side. Its all about knowing your vehicle and your driving skill.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
My philosophy is "4wd is for those who plan on getting stuck" 4wd or the locker should never be engaged until you are "stuck" I grew up driving on the nasty red clay.
My 2wd drive has made it down one of the most difficult red clay roads in my area.
I have seen All out modded 4x4s end up in the creek that runs by it or in the deep ditch on the side.
Its all about knowing your vehicle and your driving skill.
7 Pages in 7 years, nice.
I learned a lot about how to use skill and momentum off road, when I had nothing but 2WD trucks. It was valuable, but there is no comparison to my 4WD FJ.
This thing goes up hills I can't walk up. Skill helps a lot, that's obvious, and we have lots of red clay here in Texas, but try following me up some of our trails with your 2wd. You won't make it very far.

Cheers

121 - 130 of 130 Posts