Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought we could post up our pics and shoot the sh!t on this thread. What a trip. I know some of you aren't back yet...but post up your pics if you have any.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm working on downloading pics as we speak

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
I'm working on downloading pics as we speak
Can't wait to see the pictures, ya know I didn't take any...too busy playing with the kids. Heard about your jeep buddies, pretty funny stuff. Tell Bill to let me know if he is interested in the Icon's, he mention something but I ddin't know if he was serious. Anyway nice meeting you guys, hope to do it again sometime. Oh, and tell the kid's Uncle Jack says to slow down on the Red Bulls.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't wait to see the pictures, ya know I didn't take any...too busy playing with the kids. Heard about your jeep buddies, pretty funny stuff. Tell Bill to let me know if he is interested in the Icon's, he mention something but I ddin't know if he was serious. Anyway nice meeting you guys, hope to do it again sometime. Oh, and tell the kid's Uncle Jack says to slow down on the Red Bulls.
You are now officially Uncle Jack to the kids. Stirling the baby kept on asking about you on Sunday.
Bill was serious about those Icons for sure...and I believe that offer still stands.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, I made it home in one piece. Well sorta. Left a few chunks of the first diff and part of my rear bumper back there. :lol: I managed to do the 998 mile drive back to Portland in one day! No leaks detectable from the front diff and the rear seemed to do fine too.

I've got something like 450 pics to go through. I'll have a link to my Flickr page tomorrow. It was really great meeting you guys. I'm looking forward to running in Ouray with those of you going. Jack, thank you SOO much for letting me ride shotgun on Friday. That was awesome. It's not the same as driving, but it was WAY better than sitting around the campground stressing about the broken diff! Bill, Athena, and Ryan...Great running with you guys too. Thanks for coming out with me on Sunday. It was nice being able to still get three days of wheeling in. I'll post up more details for you that don't know the whole story tomorrow, along with some pics.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I'm never tired of Moab pics. :)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Athena, you guys broke another persons rear diff in Moab? I'm starting to feel good about not being able to go. :rofl: Actually just jealous. Great pictures. Wish we could gone with you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
HAHAA, no, they did'nt do it! They were'nt even there. Jack and Ryan were there though. Ryan made it up first, then I had a go at it when it broke. I aproached it the same way and took the same line, but mine was ready to give and his wasn't I guess. He's still got the old rear diff too. I guess these things go when they are damn well ready. Which is the scary part.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Well, I made it home in one piece. Well sorta. Left a few chunks of the first diff and part of my rear bumper back there. :lol: I managed to do the 998 mile drive back to Portland in one day! No leaks detectable from the front diff and the rear seemed to do fine too.

I've got something like 450 pics to go through. I'll have a link to my Flickr page tomorrow. It was really great meeting you guys. I'm looking forward to running in Ouray with those of you going. Jack, thank you SOO much for letting me ride shotgun on Friday. That was awesome. It's not the same as driving, but it was WAY better than sitting around the campground stressing about the broken diff! Bill, Athena, and Ryan...Great running with you guys too. Thanks for coming out with me on Sunday. It was nice being able to still get three days of wheeling in. I'll post up more details for you that don't know the whole story tomorrow, along with some pics.
Glad to see you made it back safe. It was nice having you along on Thursday, and glad that we were able to pull enough strings to get you fixed for Saturdays run. (Although I agree, it shouldn't have to work that way) I actually felt like Saturday was the best day, the group was small and everyone "clicked" well. Have a good one, if possible I will look you up this summer.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
HAHAA, no, they did'nt do it! They were'nt even there. Jack and Ryan were there though. Ryan made it up first, then I had a go at it when it broke. I aproached it the same way and took the same line, but mine was ready to give and his wasn't I guess. He's still got the old rear diff too. I guess these things go when they are damn well ready. Which is the scary part.
Yes it was me that told him just to "bump" it a bit. Man did I feel bad when it went. Pretty stressful for the rest of the day, Robbie from the trail team introduced Ben to a regional rep. who took it from there and got it fixed in time for Ben to do some trails on Saturday and Sunday. Don't know if the stress was worth it, but at least Ben now has the "new and improved" rear end, oh and yes he has a new rear diff. too!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

wow I was just thinkin about you this morning Ben. Glad to see you back safe:wave:. I gotta pic of you "bein mad" at the dirt biker... love the shot. Can't wait to see your photos too.
No leaks on our front diff either, and the bedframe lower control arms are still intact..:rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Athena, you guys broke another persons rear diff in Moab? I'm starting to feel good about not being able to go. :rofl: Actually just jealous. Great pictures. Wish we could gone with you.
hey now totally not my fault this time... Don you need to check that front diff and make sure the bolts are tight. We started leaking and found 3 that were loose. Ben found 4 that were really loose. Don't be jealous....you know we can pack up and go with you whenever just give us a weeks notice.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I love it!

·
Registered
247 Posts
hahaha, funny thing is, I was SO not mad at that point. I had my rig back and in one piece. And I was in Moab. How could I be mad? Although the bikers were pretty ****ing annoying. It's funny that if it were us doing the **** they were doing, everyone would be pissed saying the big trucks were hogging the place and we need to be more courteous. But when THEY take something over, we're just supposed to sit back and wait. They do the same **** up here in the NW too when the trails are shared.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hahaha, funny thing is, I was SO not mad at that point. I had my rig back and in one piece. And I was in Moab. How could I be mad? Although the bikers were pretty ****ing annoying. It's funny that if it were us doing the **** they were doing, everyone would be pissed saying the big trucks were hogging the place and we need to be more courteous. But when THEY take something over, we're just supposed to sit back and wait. They do the same **** up here in the NW too when the trails are shared.
well the sec before I made you smile and act mad you looked pissed..:rofl:

Jack I agree this was definitely the funnest trail ever...long, but the kids did a great job too. And the macguyver mom handkerchief diaper...c'mon you gotta give me credit on that one..:rocker:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.