Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE OFFICIAL ~First Annual~ "Wheelin' without Microbe" Invitational off road event.

Man, I thought a few hours was enough notice, but we got in a lifetime of memories.

Pictures alone cannot begin to describe the coolness of this awesome unprecedented run.

Tibaaal (did I get enough A's? ) decided to shake down the grape before joining Lance on his cross global adventure so we put this little run together to hook him up. (Oh, and us).

First a little playtime in the bathtub was un order.

Trailbus made the south end look easy. Oh yeah, the south end IS easy.

I got my chance to show what I was made of. Apparently alot of hot air:rofl:
Jeebus' hot air bag got me up and going in a jif.

At three feathers. Tibaal ponders the imponderable; Should I run the chute down with only fools to spot me?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: THE OFFICIAL ~First Annual~ "Wheelin' without Microbe" Invitational off road eve

With or without competent spotting, Tibaal commits to the Chute.

Tiball begins his descent into the wedge section of the chute. The point of no return is at hand.

Microbe probably would have effed it up right about here.

Tibaal played a cool hand though, and brought her through with only a few high marks on the new nerfs.

One last section of chute and it is home free.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: THE OFFICIAL ~First Annual~ "Wheelin' without Microbe" Invitational off road eve

The organizer of this event spent long hours picking the sorts of obstacles that would really challenge the team of vehicle and driver. And maybe sometimes a spotter would flick his hand at a gnat and the driver can just go that way really fast. It is mostly left up to luck.

Our hero bravely drives right into the frey. No line there anywhere, but it seems to be going forward?!?

A slight readjustment (without slipping back I might add) and we are back on track.

A little to the right and he finds traction.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

What happens next is just amazing. You had to be there to appreciate the sheer magnitude of this obstacle and the unbelievable spectacle of watching a totally stock FJ just walk right up.
I hope the dash plaques arrive soon,

I am sure there are thousands of other pictures out there (Did I mention I was on the run also?) Hopefully someone gets off her end tomorrow long enough to posts some.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts

Looks like a great run!

Great pics!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

when did you find the time mike? is this before or after the new lift? who is microbe? how can i get on the list for the next run? great pics!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts

when did you find the time mike? is this before or after the new lift? who is microbe? how can i get on the list for the next run? great pics!
This was an impromptu weekday night run... it was Thursday night, so before the new OME stuff was on.

microbe is on this forum and AZFJ, he's one of our Tucson wheeling buddies who we are currently ribbing unmercifully. :lol:

If you want to run this trail, let me know and come on down to Tucson anytime! It's easy for me to get to. Planned runs of course are posted on AZFJ.

·
Banned
3,591 Posts

I'll run it with ya' Drew!!!!

Sonic....You're gonna' kill Ouray!!!

Bring your tools:rofl:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

Pictures
This was our warmup

the mishap :teeth: to reseat the tire we used a ratcheting strap lengthened by a dog leash

Me coming down the easy part of three feathers

this section is much more difficult

but nothing for tibaal :D there are quite a few shots of this but it was truly an amazing feat I can't help it

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

and onto another insane obstacle.

Mike you are such a poser :rotfl:

Tibaal and myself

he even parks like a crazy man

My girl (TrAiLbUsTy1) told Dan to stop if he wanted her to take pics of the next obstacle and he said "of what?" then he did this wheelstand and over the CB I hear "ok you can take some" :rofl: she knows her stuff

no sway bar bastard, look at the drooping in this

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

more wheel stands !

the wolf dog Abbott taking a swim/drink

and some sweet night shots!!!!

this is what happens when I'm not looking

that's it thanks, hope you enjoyed our adventure !!!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

She says thanks Tibaal! you da man!

·
Registered
534 Posts

You all are nuts.

Looks like fun......but now I think I am scared to go on AZFJ trail runs....at least until we get one just for off roading...... nuts...nuts...nuts...

Then again....I am still recovering from my first three wheels only experience.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

its fun! we love our rocks...makes ouray look like the dirt road we use to get to these trails bwahahhahahahh~

BTW guys this run was spur of the moment and in the madness we forgot to invite our buddy MICROBE he called as we came off the mountain calling me a d-bag and what not LMAO...I felt super bad that I had forgot about our friend. I mentioned it to Sonic, so hence where the name of this thread came from. we wont forget you next time partner...I'm sorry!

·
Banned
3,591 Posts

You all are nuts.

Looks like fun......but now I think I am scared to go on AZFJ trail runs....at least until we get one just for off roading...... nuts...nuts...nuts...

Then again....I am still recovering from my first three wheels only experience.

Rabid....Don't be scared....we will keep you safe.....(don't tell Tibaal).....

And how is you recovery coming along?:lol:

·
Registered
534 Posts

Rabid....Don't be scared....we will keep you safe.....(don't tell Tibaal).....

And how is you recovery coming along?:lol:
It sucks HARDCORE....I find myself fantasizing about running over curbs and all those other urban obstacles while mall crawling around town running errands.

See a rocky dirt lot ahead? I force myself NOT to turn into it and run over things.....

Total junkie.......hopeless and screwed.....and I REALLY want to mod,mod mod the beast up.....

Do you hold addiction counseling classes too?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

I find myself fantasizing about running over curbs and all those other urban obstacles while mall crawling around town running errands.
I was caught yesterday doing this same thing but then again we just installed new springs and I was eager to break them in before heading home. One guy at the Mall said that if the FJ wasn't already dirty and dented then I definitely would have fit the bill.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts