Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh crud, sorry, we will be meeting at Flying J's instead, same time. The campground is closed. Did'nt say it on the website, sorry. Son of FJ is still gonna be at the entrance just in case. Well figure out camping later, theres plenty.
This is a weekend get together, any one is welcome, hey AZ's. Photog's, Hikers, Offroaders, FJ'ers and friends in Jeeps, all are welcome. Maybe we will drinks a few with VoodooBrew, before she leaves. Maybe we will have a few more with some of you Sandy Eggo crowd. Ride trails, take pics, camp. Maybe we can do some clinics(a photo clinic would makes sense too).

Place: Hungry Valley

Things to see and do
There are several great trails to run, from beginner to difficult(maybe millers will re-open)
Wild flower run, take pictures maybe one will win pic of the month:thinkerg:

So lets go and have fun. If you can make it, great. If not, hopefully next time.
CB on Channel 24.
Directions to Chuchupate: Exit I-5 at Frazier Park exit, head West on Frazier Mountain Park rd, for about 5-6 miles. Turn left on Lockwood Valley rd, drive about 1 mile, turn left at Chuchupate Ranger station, follow road until campground.

Friday Campout Chuchapate Camp

Saturday: Meet 10:00 am
10-11 Breakfast/Lunch at campground
11:00 Hit trails, we can decide trail, there are many. If enough are interested, we can do 2 or more runs, for diffent levels

Saturday Night
Meet-n-Greet 4pm-8pm

Los Pinos Restuarant
133 Frazier Mountain Park Rd
Lebec, CA 93243
Phone: (661) 248-1148
At the 99 and Frazier Park offramp

Sunday: Antelope Valley Road trip

·
Registered
849 Posts
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 27 & 28(This is not that other thread)

you are easily confused. :pinklove:

sooooo.........this is thurs and friday night? why not 28-29 (fri/sat) or 29-30(sat/sun)???

jdemellos class was GOING TO BE ON THE WEEKEND OF THE 29TH but i think that idea is squashed and hes doing it later in april. (i think in his thread was mentioned the bloomin poppy fields).
this would be a great trip.......i just want to confirm up the dates cause i know i cant go if its on a week day or week day night. (fri night is do-able i think for most folks if they get out of work early).

just curious. not trying to change your plans.....please dont get mad. i just wanted to reconfirm dates cause camping on the weeknights is not very common. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 27 & 28(This is not that other thread)

you are easily confused. :pinklove:

sooooo.........this is thurs and friday night? why not 28-29 (fri/sat) or 29-30(sat/sun)???

jdemellos class was GOING TO BE ON THE WEEKEND OF THE 29TH but i think that idea is squashed and hes doing it later in april. (i think in his thread was mentioned the bloomin poppy fields).
this would be a great trip.......i just want to confirm up the dates cause i know i cant go if its on a week day or week day night. (fri night is do-able i think for most folks if they get out of work early).

just curious. not trying to change your plans.....please dont get mad. i just wanted to reconfirm dates cause camping on the weeknights is not very common. :)
I Need a Moderator to change the dates, Please, on the title of this thread to 28-30

Don't worry, these are the dates for something. I just figure if we keep trying to do a North/South event, someone will say we have to postpone, until so and so can make it. These are the only dates, that don't conflict for the casual offroader. The TTORA event is going to attract a more hardcore crowd, this is just a fun get together. I decided to keep it to one thread, cause tyring to keep track of three was too confusing, each thread had a diffent take. This is simple.
I'm also up for Friday, optional. I'll be there. This does'nt have to remain the name, I just threw it out because if I said hungry valley run, the same five guys who did the last 4 hungy valley runs, would have been the only ones showing up. Dates are set, lets make somthing happen.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 28-30th

Ok, I just PM'd a couple of mods to get the title changed to reflect the correct dates. Spertierra, did you make note of the people who wanted to come? We might have to PM them if they don't find this new thread. ;)

We are in. No sure about details yet... my husband is not a big camper so we may stay in lodging nearby. I can put a list of some lodgings I found for interested folks.

I am still a newbie offroader, wanting to learn more (hubby is resistant). We are big hikers, may check out the XC skiing (or will Mt Pinos be thawed?), big into photography (WILL be going to Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve)... still checking out the other things to do. I understand that are some secret petroglyphs in the area.

Looking forward to what will probably be my last CA vacation before we move to Germany! :)

Antelope Valley:

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts

Ok, I just PM'd a couple of mods to get the title changed to reflect the correct dates. Spertierra, did you make note of the people who wanted to come? We might have to PM them if they don't find this new thread. ;)

We are in. No sure about details yet... my husband is not a big camper so we may stay in lodging nearby. I can put a list of some lodgings I found for interested folks.

I am still a newbie offroader, wanting to learn more (hubby is resistant). We are big hikers, may check out the XC skiing (or will Mt Pinos be thawed?), big into photography (WILL be going to Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve)... still checking out the other things to do. I understand that are some secret petroglyphs in the area.

Looking forward to what will probably be my last CA vacation before we move to Germany! :)
I swear you must be on dial up :lol: Look up :) two posts. :D

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

I swear you must be on dial up :lol: Look up :) two posts. :D
yes, thank you!! Not on dial up, but remember: I have a 3 year old. He needed his butt wiped. I am not kidding! Your mother wiped your butt too at that age, and she was probably NOT trying to plan trail runs at the same time. ;) :cowsmile:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 28th - 30th NorCal-SoCal (This is not that other thread)

I'm in! Googlemaps says approx. 320 miles from SF, 5 hours for anyone interested.
I checked and it's a little over 4 hours for me (East Bay)... not bad!

Are you bringing the doggies? Just note that they will not be allowed in Antelope Valley, but they may be ok in Hungry Valley SVRA.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 28th - 30th NorCal-SoCal (This is not that other thread)

I'm in! Googlemaps says approx. 320 miles from SF, 5 hours for anyone interested.
4 hours

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

You haven't driven out of S.F. at commute time much, I guess.... ;)

We may drive up on Thurs and leave on Monday. Depends on what else we plan in the area and whether or not my bro and/or sis come too.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thank you, I've been busy. Looks good now.

Don't worry about you skills, I'm not too sure footed myself, allthough I've been exploring trails in 2wd all my life. I take it pretty carefully myself, don't worry. you'll be fine. In fact, one of the trails I plan to take, is for beginner to moderate, will go past the petroglyphs. Sking is at 8700ft, not sure about thaw, but chances are good it will still be there.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

Thank you, I've been busy. Looks good now.

Don't worry about you skills, I'm not too sure footed myself, allthough I've been exploring trails in 2wd all my life. I take it pretty carefully myself, don't worry. you'll be fine. In fact, one of the trails I plan to take, is for beginner to moderate, will go past the petroglyphs. Sking is at 8700ft, not sure about thaw, but chances are good it will still be there.

wow, at that altitude, yes, there will still be snow.

Ok, good to know I won't have to be a rock crawler. I am still stock, and MT. ;) Good thing you got a new winch, cuz my tires suck!! :silly: I should have traded out the tires [and the supercharger!] from my Tacoma... I'm an idiot (well, really, was trying to get the best trade-in possible!).

So, is Frazier Park a cool little town?

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts

Man I really wat to go to this one but there is no way in Hades I can get it all together in a week, Usually need like 3 weeks minimum to make sure not working and gettin the family onboard too. Mabey after all the flowers are dead. lol

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

wow, at that altitude, yes, there will still be snow.

Ok, good to know I won't have to be a rock crawler. I am still stock, and MT. ;) Good thing you got a new winch, cuz my tires suck!! :silly: I should have traded out the tires [and the supercharger!] from my Tacoma... I'm an idiot (well, really, was trying to get the best trade-in possible!).

So, is Frazier Park a cool little town?
I will have to post several runs, depending on how many want to go. I'm going to call Jason and see if he still wants to do some sort of clinic. Funjunkie sorta hi-jacked him on another thread. I'll see.

Frazier Park is'nt nice, just a small mtn town, but to the west, there are places that are nice, very nice in fact. It has potential, if anybody were to invest in the town. There is another town, Pine Mtn Club, a second home resort, with a couple nice restuarants, but I don't think they have a hotel. Tonite, I will do some research, last night, I had no internet until about 10.

Hey, can you help me get a roll call together, I got some PM's I need to respond to, if you know anybody interested, maybe you can PM them to verify.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

I will have to post several runs, depending on how many want to go. I'm going to call Jason and see if he still wants to do some sort of clinic. Funjunkie sorta hi-jacked him on another thread. I'll see.

Frazier Park is'nt nice, just a small mtn town, but to the west, there are places that are nice, very nice in fact. It has potential, if anybody were to invest in the town. There is another town, Pine Mtn Club, a second home resort, with a couple nice restuarants, but I don't think they have a hotel. Tonite, I will do some research, last night, I had no internet until about 10.

Hey, can you help me get a roll call together, I got some PM's I need to respond to, if you know anybody interested, maybe you can PM them to verify.

uuhhhh... how many times you gonna switch the title?? :silly:

At some point today I saw that Jason may still be up for this... yeah, give him a call. He asked us to PM him when we have more info (trails, etc). We probably need to find out if H.V. SVRA will let him do demos there.

I'll see what I can do about the roll call/ PMing folks (from my aging memory).... we had a lot of interest, but maybe they are miffed by the threads getting deleted. Usually the name list gets posted at the bottom of the very first post, so that would be your edit. ;)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Re: The One and Only Official Norcal-vs-Socal Thread

p.s. Steve can you please edit the first post to have the old title in there, in BOLD, as the first line? There's too much blah blah and not enough beef, you know? We need a bold one liner of the simple details, like place and dates, and that it's a CA "Summit" of sorts. gracias! :)

·
Registered
849 Posts

ok. since we now know the dates are 28/29/30 i'm in for that weekend. i got the days off of work today so i'm good to go. spoke with Mo today and i think shes going too but not sure travel days yet.
i'm not quite sure of my travel days either. i work friday till about 6ish and could leave after that for a friday night arrival or maybe just leave early sat morning. stay sat night (camp or hotel??).......will we wheel sunday too?
so here ya go:

# of people: 1 (and maybe my friend lynette...leaving hubby and kid home AGAIN)
interest: offroad (from scenic to moderate.....nothing too difficult), photography, minimal hiking (cause i dont want to die but i will do a little hiking if i have to)
not sure of camping or hotel/motel.......i'll wait to see what you folks come up with for ideas. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

# of people: 1 (and maybe my friend lynette...leaving hubby and kid home AGAIN)
interest: offroad (from scenic to moderate.....nothing too difficult), photography, minimal hiking (cause i dont want to die but i will do a little hiking if i have to)
not sure of camping or hotel/motel.......i'll wait to see what you folks come up with for ideas. :)
I will be there Friday night, to meet anybody who is making the drive. I will be leaving 3:30 from Fresno, and arrive about 6:00
Depending on the number of campers, there are tons of spots in the OHV area, but it gets noisy and crowded. There are several campgrounds to the west of Hungy valley, which are actually closer to the 4wd trails, on is called Chuchaupate, I think, and it has 30 spots, first come, first serve. Then there are smaller ones in the area.

There will be rides both days.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts