Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Re: The One and Only Official Norcal-vs-Socal Thread

p.s. Steve, we still need the dates in bold on your first post, thank you!

Things are crazy for me right now... just spent all morning on the phone with one of our several expat coordinators. Movers are coming to survey, landscapers are coming, need to find renters, AAAHHH!!! pulling my hair out. :(

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

p.s. Steve, we still need the dates in bold on your first post, thank you!

Things are crazy for me right now... just spent all morning on the phone with one of our several expat coordinators. Movers are coming to survey, landscapers are coming, need to find renters, AAAHHH!!! pulling my hair out. :(
Keep you hair on, I'm getting details taken care of. I will keep editing the intial post to reflect changes. I just made reservations for a Saturday night Meet&Greet loaction, and I'm trying to get a hold of the rangers, to see which trails are open. I think that Chuchapate camp will be the one, I'll make it offical Monday, unless things change.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

Keep you hair on, I'm getting details taken care of. I will keep editing the intial post to reflect changes. I just made reservations for a Saturday night Meet&Greet loaction, and I'm trying to get a hold of the rangers, to see which trails are open. I think that Chuchapate camp will be the one, I'll make it offical Monday, unless things change.
thank you!!!!!! I feel a little better now. The company is taking care of a lot for us, so things could be much worse!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Steve, my ability to attend is currently in question. :( Husband just now found out he must fly to Europe on Easter [ :( :( ], for that entire week. His company is being split up/ bought out yet AGAIN. :mofo:

*sigh*

·
Registered
849 Posts
i will be driving up EARLY saturday morning. i have to pick hubby and kid up at the airport friday night (10:30pm).......so i'll be there sat/sat night and some of sunday. :)

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I'm a "maybe."

Was thinking of going skiing in Tahoe for the last time this season that weekend and the location seems more south than north, but I'll think about it and will keep an eye on this thread to keep up-to-date on the plans for the event.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It took me a little while to figure out the re-routing of the thread just to learn that I am now shot out of the water for this one because of the date change... DARN!... and of course just as people now have voted to go to the spot I wanted to go... DOUBLE DARN... Ho well... I'll be waiting to see pics.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm going!! Mose def ("The Wire" reference)
Good to hear it, I wil post more details in the morning.

That was my favorite show, RIP. They did the finale well

·
Registered
849 Posts
i talked to phil today and he may have to change his travel plans, which affects MY PLANS! :)
i'm a possible IF.......but most likely a NOT for this event right now. :(
i know.....dont even say it.
sorry steve....i was looking forward to this weekend out with the girls too. oh well......there will be others i hope.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Is this still on?

If so, I may go now. Weather prediction is for rain/snow in Tahoe and my GF is in NYC this weekend. So, I'm free to go.

The FJ is fully loaded and all I have to do is pack an overnight bag and toss in my Powertank, cooler and a chair, but I need a few days to make reservations and to get right road maps. Looked at the 1st message in the thread, but not much info there.

Other than the get together on Saturday from 4-8pm, what are the specific plans (if any) for Friday, Saturday and Sunday? If nothing seems to be settled about this, as an alternative, I'm thinking of signing up for the Badlands Adventures Off-Road Driving Clinic on 3/29 and/or 3/30. Anyone else interested in doing this as well?

As for my preferences: 1) I'd rather not camp or ski -- don't want to carry the extra gear, 2) Just interested in the runs (particularly the Wildflower run) and 3) not much into taking pics but will have my camera, computer & GPS with me. As for experience, taken a safety clinic, been to a few OHV parks and on a couple of runs, but still consider myself a novice. I have all the gear, now all I need is the experience. ;)

Seems like most of the messages in the thread have come from people saying tha they can't go. So, who (if anyone) is actually planning to go now?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
It is definitely on, I will post more infor on the first page tonite. Hope to see you there.

And Bobonel, hope your plans change again, had a blast this past weekend.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Other than the get together on Saturday from 4-8pm, what are the specific plans (if any) for Friday, Saturday and Sunday? If nothing seems to be settled about this, as an alternative, I'm thinking of signing up for the Badlands Adventures Off-Road Driving Clinic on 3/29 and/or 3/30. Anyone else interested in doing this as well?
Tom Severin is a real nice guy, and definitely experienced in the off-road arena. I participated in one of his courses quite some time ago. I'd say that IF you had absolutely no one to go roading with, or anyone to teach you basic recovery gear and usage, driving techniques, etc...then the course would be of benefit to you.

However, this forum is chock full of information, and people to go wheeling with. You'll easily learn more in a couple weekends with these guys, and be able to save the $$$ you would have otherwise spent on the course.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sorry I don't have time to read through the whole thread, just first post. Is this an All day saturday event? Meet at HV wheel, pictures, hang out, THEN meet and greet at night?

Or is it Meet and Greet, stay the night, camp fire songs, then sunday wheel, pictures, and hang out?

EDIT: I will be there all day Saturday with sonof40. Hopefully see some of you all out there! If it is a Saturday event, we will meet up!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Sorry I don't have time to read through the whole thread, just first post. Is this an All day saturday event? Meet at HV wheel, pictures, hang out, THEN meet and greet at night?

Or is it Meet and Greet, stay the night, camp fire songs, then sunday wheel, pictures, and hang out?

EDIT: I will be there all day Saturday with sonof40. Hopefully see some of you all out there! If it is a Saturday event, we will meet up!
Got CB?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Bump

Updated first post

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Bump

Updated first post
Steve, I'm shooting for Friday 6PM too. Depends on when I can escape. Have to head south at the end of Saturday though.:(

Steve

21 - 40 of 65 Posts