Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Steve, I'm shooting for Friday 6PM too. Depends on when I can escape. Have to head south at the end of Saturday though.:(

Steve
Heading in from Fresno, shooting for 7:00-7:30 myself.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Steve,

I'm thinking this is do-able for me and the kids. Look for us Sat morning. Me + 2. I doubt if we'll camp though, I don't feel like getting all the gear together.

It was good meeting you last Saturday @ FunJunkie's party. (I'm the guy that made the paella.)

Looking forward to hitting some trails and getting the rig dirty.
~Brian

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi Steve,

I'm thinking this is do-able for me and the kids. Look for us Sat morning. Me + 2. I doubt if we'll camp though, I don't feel like getting all the gear together.

It was good meeting you last Saturday @ FunJunkie's party. (I'm the guy that made the paella.)

Looking forward to hitting some trails and getting the rig dirty.
~Brian
If you feel like, you can come and hang out in the camp area, until its time to hit the sack. I wish I could have stayed longer last weekend, this time, no unexpected family re-unions.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok, made my reservation at the Best Rest Inn in Lebec. Look for me Saturday morning.

Did I see something about getting together at a resteraunt Sat night or are we gonna do a potluck?

Thanks for the invite to the campgrounds. Seeing we will definitely be hanging around with everyone until lights out. The boys and I are coming up to meet, greet and make new friends and sitting in the hotel after dinner just doesn't make that happen. ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ok, made my reservation at the Best Rest Inn in Lebec. Look for me Saturday morning.

Did I see something about getting together at a resteraunt Sat night or are we gonna do a potluck?

Thanks for the invite to the campgrounds. Seeing we will definitely be hanging around with everyone until lights out. The boys and I are coming up to meet, greet and make new friends and sitting in the hotel after dinner just doesn't make that happen. ;)
Lunch is open for potluck, I figured the restuarant for saturday night.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just posted a link to this thread over on SoCalFJCruisers.com letting them all know this event is still alive and well. There was some interest from some of the blokes over there until it looked like the trip was falling through. Hopefully they'll still be interested.

~B

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Sorry, I'm not going. Decided to spend my time and money elsewhere. Maybe next time. Hope y'all have fun and take lots of pics to share. :wave:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Roll Call!

Can we get a head count on who WILL be there?

Kokopeli - Yes +1
Spertierra - Yes..

Who else WILL be there?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Re: Roll Call!

Can we get a head count on who WILL be there?

Kokopeli - Yes +1
Spertierra - Yes..

Who else WILL be there?
There were some who committed on a previous thread I deleted, so I'm guessing about 10, from what I can tell, hopefully more. I'm gonnna bug some people I know who are on the fence. Mo, Voodoo, Chris!??

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bad News

I've been looking to buy an off road trailer and I just got a call from a manufacturer saying that he'll be in Palm Springs on Saturday and wanted to set up a time to meet so I can see (and possibly buy) his trailer. He's normally located in Idaho and this will be the only time he's in SoCal until next winter. I have to take this opportunity to see the merchandise so I have to back out.

Sorry Steve.
~Brian

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Oh crap, sorry, we will be meeting at Flying J's instead, same time. The campground is closed. Did'nt say it on the website, sorry. Son of FJ is still gonna be at the entrance just in case. Well figure out camping later, theres plenty.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Oh crap, sorry, we will be meeting at Flying J's instead, same time. The campground is closed. Did'nt say it on the website, sorry. Son of FJ is still gonna be at the entrance just in case. Well figure out camping later, theres plenty.
Heading out to Hungry Valley now. If you guys are running the trails there I hope I find you! If for some odd reason one of you checks this forums...call me 661-310-4446 and hopefully we can meet up inside.

I will be on channel 24 but I don't know how well the cb will work out there in the mountains.

Maybe we will just run into eachother. LETS GET DIRTY!!!:)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
The run ended up being a lot smaller than we all expected...with last minute drop outs, problems, and prior plans. All in all though, it was a great day. I brought my buddy Eric along as co pilot, we had a couple Steve's, and Rick, who was in a stock Taco.

Rick came down with Steve (sonof40) from Bakersfield to keep him company. Here are a bunch of pics of the day:

I arrived in Hungry Valley around 11:30am in search of the FJ'ers. I tuned my CB to channel 24 in hopes that they would here my calls. With general instinct I drove straight to the 4x4 park by the rear entrance. Luckily, on top of the hill, I found a couple of FJ's!

The first one I saw was Steve's...what would you call that color?? I had to pose with it. My favorite FJ color so far:

The first trail we decided to take was Pronghorn. We wanted to only do easy to moderate trails today since we had 1 stocker FJ and 1 stocker Taco. We did Pronghorn the opposite way it is usually done (from So Cal run).

Here are some pictures:

And the hill climb...

Proved easy by Steve, he took the left side:

Steve (sonof40) took the right side which didn't involve as much flex and articulation, don't mind me, I was going to spot, but he really didn't need me so I was dancing:

Here is Rick's Taco going up the right side as well, why am I even attempting to spot?? These guys got it!

Poser shot:

Pro Comp should use this shot:

Here's everyone coming around the switchbacks:

Here is that one turn that usually puts you on 3 wheels (when going DOWN the trail, not up). Proved to be cake coming from this direction.

Is it just me or does this rig look like a TANK:

This rig will have transformed the next time you see it, Steve here is your before shot!

Rick's before shot. Bet you can't wait until your warranty is up? See that FJ in the back? Guess what his name was... Steve.

He caught up to us and we had a chat about the rigs and a couple sandwhiches were had.

Love the decal on the windshield:

Here was the perfect photo opportunity. Took a little bit to get up the steep hill, and was even scarier getting down...but that's another story that we will NOT get into.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
After a short rest and the wait for me to get down, we headed to the end of Powerline trail.

Found a nice place to park it, check out the rigs, air back up, and hang out.

Here are the yellow wildflowers that were all over the place:

Those are all of the pictures we took of our day, hopefully we will have some more contribution! All in all it was a great day. We stopped for dinner at this small Mexican restaurant which proved to be extremely good. No one showed up for the dinner except for the guys that were on the run.

Over all damage all day? I put in a ported box that my buddy gave me just to see the difference in sound. Well it didn't hold up to the bouncing around. Went around to the back and found that the sub was sitting outside of the box on the floor! :rocker:

All photo's are Eric's work.

Thanks for a good run guys!

-Matt

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time. I am sorry I missed it. :( Nice to see a Taco there (my previous truck). The green mean machine looks awesome! thanks alot for posting pics. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Amazing photos, you seem like you have an official trail photog. Thanks to everybody that made the run, it was a great day. I hope to ride with you guys again, and I will post up my pics soon.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Looks like you guys had a great time. I am sorry I missed it. :( Nice to see a Taco there (my previous truck). The green mean machine looks awesome! thanks alot for posting pics. :)
Thanks, wish you could have made it.

I was under the impression that the run had been called off. :(
Nah, we went forward, even though many cancelled. Maye next time, I'll plan it further in advance, with no competing events. I'll learn from this one, and I hope to see everybody next time out, end of summer, we'll do it again.:cheers:

·
Registered
849 Posts
pics are awesome. sorry i missed this run. the family is back from NY now (thats why i couldnt make it cause i had to make airport runs/flight changes).....i need to get my rig painted! GREEN!!! :)

41 - 60 of 65 Posts