Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that there is no "mist" feature for the windshield wipers! The FJ is not cheap, and it should have this feature. My 06 Rav4 had an identical lever to control the front and rear wipers, except that if you pushed it up the wipers would wipe once.

I've had my FJ for 2 weeks now, and so far this is the only thing I don't like about it (I know it's minor...but still...I'm surprised!)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Well some things just bug us. :lol: If thats the only thing so far then you're in the money. Enjoy the beast. :wave:
Welcome to the forum new member. And a Canucker at that.

Reactions: Reisom

·
Registered
460 Posts
Indeed... I also thought this was strange... I think even my great Grand Father's Ford Model T had this option... I've driven a slew of vehicles in my sorted past and I've never driven one without this option... well... aside from my '82 FJ40.. but come on that thing has the cabin comforts of Santa's sleigh.

·
Registered
678 Posts
whats the difference between the mist feature and the windshield washer spray when you pull the lever towards you to wash the window

my chief complaint on the fj is compared to all of my other toyotas it feels like quality has slid backwards on any of their newer models but people have always thought that

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the difference between the mist feature and the windshield washer spray when you pull the lever towards you to wash the window
The difference would be (if the FJ had this feature) that the wipers would just wipe once. If I pull the lever quickly towards me I get the one wipe, but with a spray of washer fluid too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The FJ is the best vehicle i have ever owned. My only complaint is visibility in reverse. Thinking of a camera...we have lots of kids on my street.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The FJ is the best vehicle i have ever owned. My only complaint is visibility in reverse. Thinking of a camera...we have lots of kids on my street.
A back up camera is good to have. I installed one a couple years back but after about 2 years the lens got coated with something(minerals)that nothing would clear off so it was useless. Now I enjoy watching all the kids run like hell when I reverse out of my driveway. Kids nowadays don't get enough exercise anyway.:lol:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The difference would be (if the FJ had this feature) that the wipers would just wipe once. If I pull the lever quickly towards me I get the one wipe, but with a spray of washer fluid too.
So, u want the wiper too wipe once without spraying fluid? Turn the knob once forward and then reverse the process. :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, u want the wiper too wipe once without spraying fluid? Turn the knob once forward and then reverse the process. :lol:
Thanks for the advice but I've been able to figure that part out, and I'll be able to live with it just fine. I just want to tell Toyota that this feature should be standard on a vehicle this expensive.

All of my previous cars had it, and when you're driving in mist, drizzle, freezing drizzle, light snow, etc. I appreciate being able to make the wipers wipe once every once in a while without having to turn them on then off again each time.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Thanks for the advice but I've been able to figure that part out, and I'll be able to live with it just fine. I just want to tell Toyota that this feature should be standard on a vehicle this expensive.

All of my previous cars had it, and when you're driving in mist, drizzle, freezing drizzle, light snow, etc. I appreciate being able to make the wipers wipe once every once in a while without having to turn them on then off again each time.
I was pretty sure you had figured that part out. I didn't realize pulling a lever Vs. switching the wipers on and off was an issue.

Does anyone know if other Toyotas have this feature? I always just turn the knob on and off. Not an issue for me......

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Mine has variable speed swiping via the dial on the stalk. Is this what your referring to ? I'm confused.:confused:
I'm also one of those lazy Canadians.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think the basic point of this section is to voice personal complaints about the FJ. It seems somewhat pointless though considering whenever anyone does this they are instantly met with consistent ridicule and irrelevant suggestions on how to avoid said complaint. This section is designed for owner catharsis, so why add insult to injury?

My $.02

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
I think it might just be a Toyota SUV thing then.

My 97 Land Cruiser doesn't have the single wipe thing. The 2005 4Runner i drive for work doesn't, and neither does the FJC.

Anyone know if the Sequoias have this feature or not? What about the Tacomas and Tundras?

I don't really mind it at all. Just turn the wipers on for a split second and then turn them off after they start to move. You get one swipe and it takes all of 1/4 of a second longer, and that is being slow about it :lol:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I think the basic point of this section is to voice personal complaints about the FJ. It seems somewhat pointless though considering whenever anyone does this they are instantly met with consistent ridicule and irrelevant suggestions on how to avoid said complaint. This section is designed for owner catharsis, so why add insult to injury?

My $.02
Catharsis:
A release of emotional tension, as after an overwhelming experience, that restores or refreshens the spirit.
You been reading Hamlet a little. :lol: I haven't heard that word in a long time. I must start keeping more eloquent company. But I couldn't agree with you more JackRabbit. Certain of us here like to joke around a lot. Keeps the forum lively. We also give advice when we can to release emotional tension on the hope that the OP will laugh with us an take our advice. :lol:
Don't feel bad ywger this is what we do. You must be tough, you're Canadian afterall.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts