Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
No one has mentioned that you can't get someone out of the back seat if you're parked with another car alongside you. And forget about getting an infant carrier out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
No one has mentioned that you can't get someone out of the back seat if you're parked with another car alongside you. And forget about getting an infant carrier out.
True, the rear doors are annoying. I like the suicide door style, but I feel like it could have been better executed:thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
There's an art to getting people out. The way I usually do it is:
1. open front door
2. open suicide door
3. close front door
4. rear-seat passenger exits
5. open front door
6. close suicide door
7. Front-seat passenger exits
8. Close front door
9. Profit!

What other vehicle can you buy with an exit protocol more complicated than a Boeing 737? It's clearly a feature, not a design flaw:jester:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wish they'd come with the Australian fuel tank system... either that, or a diesel option...

The "mist" feature would be nice on the wipers... just like the 3-blinks feature when you tap the turn signal lever...

Other than that, it's a whole lot of fun!

·
Registered
35 Posts
The darn 07' drivetrain shudder... I've gotten pretty used to it but I feel like it should have been a warranty/recall fix from Toyota.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If that model has the same stalk as the autos with the intermittant wiper function... Go on you tube and see how you can buy the intermittant stalk and replace the old one. It is plug-n-play. I have 2011 Taco that just did this to.

·
トヨタ Master
6,394 Posts
Always wondered about this too. Not that it bugs me that much but the FJ has no mister. Our '94 pickup does. Our '84 pickup does. Our '01 Tacoma doesn't. Our '15 Tundra does. Our '18 4Runner does. Our '77 FJ40 didn't. Can't remember the other Toyotas. :eek:ld:

·
Premium Member
11,787 Posts
If that model has the same stalk as the autos with the intermittant wiper function... Go on you tube and see how you can buy the intermittant stalk and replace the old one. It is plug-n-play. I have 2011 Taco that just did this to.
If memory serves this will only work on the early FJ's that have the no rear wiper option. Need the wiper arm from and early 2000's Taco.

I remember looking into doing this but instead developed "The Flick" - I can get a 1 swipe most of the time.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If memory serves this will only work on the early FJ's that have the no rear wiper option. Need the wiper arm from and early 2000's Taco.

I remember looking into doing this but instead developed "The Flick" - I can get a 1 swipe most of the time.
whats a flick?

81 - 98 of 98 Posts