Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, time caught me asleep at the wheel again. I should have posted this several weeks ago.

I am leading my fourth overnighter to Summit 19. This is mostly easy but very scenic dirt roads. Much of our time will be spent on the very remote Uncompahgre Plateau. This year we will be adding a second night’s camp somewhere on the famous Rimrocker Trail. Location TBD.

No signup, fees or anything like that. Just post your wish to go right here.

We will meet at McDonald’s in Delta, CO on Sunday July 14 at 9:30 am. We will be monitoring HAM 146.460 and CB 12.

Our first camp will be at Windy Point which always provides amazing views. Like these last three taken in 2016:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plenty of room here for late minute folks wanting to run this double overnighter. This run is DED. That means “dirt every day”, not dead. This is mostly dirt roads with amazing views along the way. Very remote areas with few visitors.

I’ve been calling this the “other overnighter to the Summit” but I’m not sure if the first overnighter is still being run. If so remember mine is free.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I highly recommend this run. I ran it a few years ago and it was great and very scenic. Ace has a lot of knowledge of the area and is a great person to learn about anything off-road.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Noe!

I’m heading out a day early. I plan to watch the moonrise, drink a few beers and camp the night on some high spot with a cooling breeze blowing all night. I will be at McDonald’s in the AM.

Ace

Reactions: Thorn661

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where and when will you go through Rim Rocker? I'm planning on taking Rim Rocker from Moab to Ouray on Mon/Tue.

We will be on the Rimrocker Monday and probably camping at the ball diamond Monday night. Then we will
Reverse direction and head to Ouray.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found a different route on the return leg: Houser Road. Slightly rougher than the Divide Road and more scenic. Some beautiful ranches along Dave Wood Road. Very green from all the precip this spring.

Reactions: AMMO461 and bramick

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice sunset photo. I didn’t think you broke away from your kitchen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts