Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I do not consider my self poor. But, i do like doing as much stuff as i can myself. I in no way expect this to come out anywhere near the quality as the ones FJoel makes, nor to i intend to sell this to anyone else.

I just went took some measurements and about to go start cutting. The hacksaw is a very slow and tedious way to do this but it is all i have and you get quite a little bicep/tricep work out.
Pics will follow. (eventually :) )

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
are you done yet?

db
haha, nopers.
I have the rectangular bar cut. I started to cut a groove on the bottom that will hold the battery securely in place. Cutting this groove is going to require a LOT of hacksawing. I should probably get a new blade for it. I have a jig saw, but that thing bounces allll over the place and i am scared i might loose a finger with that thing. I may try it tomorrow morning and see how it goes.

For Joel's clamps costing $60, that is a much much better alternative. I am just doing this to pass some time throughout my day since i currently don't have anything else to do on the FJ.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, i decided to take a different route than carving this outta a thick bar stock of aluminum. I found i have a thinner bar. So i cut that to shape. And right now i am cutting pieces to go on each end that i am going to rivet in place to prevent the battery from lateral movements. I'll get some pics of the finally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts