Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3,744 Posts
Re: Meet the Scorpion (Uphill's Build-Up)

Awsome wheels and tires buddy!

Did you get the other LCA in??:bandit:

Reactions: uphill

· Registered
3,744 Posts

DUDE! You just have too much fun! Looks that way anyhow. Keep it safe, see you guy's back here soon!:bandit:

· Registered
3,744 Posts

I am ecouraging the rest to elope to save money for NECESSARY mods. Necessary is defined as anything that I think I need for the FJ.

#3 daughter's boyfriend (at my house now) will be on Showtime (signed the contract last week) doing ultimate fighting. We spar in the ring but he's a lot younger than I am and I can only win through complete treachery. He's also heavy into off-roading. I said, "what about a desert wedding? We all drive out to some summit and you can get married where the coyotes howl and the wind whistles through the rocks. I'll pack beer in an ice chest and we can BBQ some steaks and do some dutch oven cooking for the wedding party."

He said, "Hey, I'm down for that!"

#3 daughter gave me an angry look.:indifferent:

She whispered to me that IF they get married, that's not what she has in mind.

Women! Go figure??!:grinbiginvert:
Just rember Larry.....Youth and talent are NO match for old age and treachery!:fight:

· Registered
3,744 Posts

I thought it's more along the line of "Youth and talent are no match for experience and money. :D
That's only when building an FJ is brought into the picture. When it comes to the octagon, the other takes over!

· Registered
3,744 Posts

Hey Dom, Uphill was just kidding about where he got the horn. I DID however find the one I have on my beemer while I was on it up on Main divide rd.I thought to my self,,,,WOW what great trail schwag I'm finding today!:lol: :lol:

· Registered
3,744 Posts

OMG I need a new horn too! I can't take it any longer!!! Today on the fwy to SF a lady in a BRAND new Benz pulled RIGHT in front of me (I was going ~ 70 mph) while doing about 45 mph. I laid on the horn for at least 5 seconds (while slamming on brakes). I could barely hear it, and I suppose apparently neither did she, as she PUT ON HER BRAKES (horn probably just confused her). I almost shat. People never cease to amaze me. I still can't believe I did not hit her.
YES!! A new horn is in order! Both Uphill and I got ours from motorcycle supply house's. Just give one a call I'll bet they can get one of these horns for you.
Sandabbe hit the horn button by accident while filling up with gas, the guy in front of her sharted his pants and told her how LOUD that thing is!

· Registered
3,744 Posts

Did he just say 3+ his armpits??:lol:

· Registered
3,744 Posts

WEAR THE HAT LARRY!!!:pimp:

As your publicist though, I get to take and post the photo's!!!:grinbiginvert:

· Registered
3,744 Posts

OK Larry, Looks like we may need to use FOUR instead of three dualock's.
I'll see what kind of deal I can wrangle from Paige.
Was Thong running his H.L.C.'s? If so how did his do? I haven't had time to get over to Aeroflow lately to pick up the little dualock buttons.
Promice I'll get to both this week.
Glad everyone returned safe and had fun on the trip.
Man YOU RETIRED GUY'S......................................:)

· Registered
3,744 Posts

Hey Larry, Are you looking for a new job? I hear that the border patrol is looking for rigs like yours to look for folks comming over the border. You could have another pention in five years!:grinbiginvert:

Rig looks awsome!

· Registered
3,744 Posts

Looks like a good time was had by all. Awsome pic's man! glad you made it back in one piece.:)

· Registered
3,744 Posts

I second Larry's suggestion for the DO sliders as I'll be swapping my OEM sliders for the DO version. Jason is out of sliders right now but Jack started cutting and bending piece parts yesterday for the next batch.
Hey,

I tried to get him some Demello sliders by putting his name in the "Christmas giveaway". But Jason wouldn't do it for him. I even tried(it wasn't hard to do)to make him sound pitiful so he would get some attention. It didn't work!:lol: :lol:

· Registered
3,744 Posts

I've been selling pencils outside the WalMart, trying to scrape up enough money for my next modification. Doesn't that count for anything?
Maybe if we had this info BEFORE the giveaway you would have won!:rofl:

· Registered
3,744 Posts

A Death Stalker Scorpion - not lovable...
He's going to be in a lucite shift knob on the FJ soon.

More picts will follow.​
Won't this belong in the "Show us your shift knobs" thread???:)

· Registered
3,744 Posts

The bumper looks awesome Larry! The shift knob is cool too!
Oh, and Thanks for the "Drop Off":alfdance: :D

· Registered
3,744 Posts

Larry, can you post a pic from the other side where the hinge is? Those look beefy!
If there are no pic's, there is no other side!:silly:

· Registered
3,744 Posts

· Registered
3,744 Posts
Larry,

Don't do anything until you hear the system I installed. Paid around $769.00 for a Pioneer AVIC D3, Infinity 6.5 Ref. for the front doors and Infinity 3.5 Ref. for the back pillars. The sound is WAY better than the stock unit for WAY under a grand!:)
Oh! and it can be done in my garage!

· Registered
3,744 Posts
CAN I COME OVER AND SEE IT??? CAN I?? CAN I??HUH?????!!!!!:blueblob::blueblob::blueblob::blueblob::blueblob:

· Registered
3,744 Posts
Came by while "you were cooking", took a peek under the back. This HUGE tail with a stinger made a pass at me(I thought she knew me)but missed. I took that as a sign that I should leave and come back sometime when you were home.:bandit:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.