Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
261 - 280 of 1337 Posts

· Registered
2,606 Posts
Re: Meet the Scorpion (Uphill's Build-Up)

hmm i would never have guessed that wow! thx mud

· Premium Member
19,414 Posts

Or you can get a more aero triangular flag. Lighter and more smooth skinned flags will run higher up just fine. The whip's stiffness matters too.

· Premium Member
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·

I know where you're going, but I don't want a triangular flag:

This one sends the message:

Traditional Values/First Navy Jack

Distinctive

Veteran of US Navy and "small wars"

And DON'T FRIGGING TREAD ON ME

· Registered
3,744 Posts

WEAR THE HAT LARRY!!!:pimp:

As your publicist though, I get to take and post the photo's!!!:grinbiginvert:

· Registered
2,606 Posts

i have a copy of the super secret dont unthread on me flag if you ever want it i like to save things like that lol

· Premium Member
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·

FJ Obsession?

A friend of mine just bought an 08 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Brick Color. He bought the FJ primarily because he'd seen and ridden in mine and liked it. I spoke to him on the phone a week ago and he said that he was concerned that I have become obsessed with my FJ. I replied, "and when did you arrive at that opinion?" He said, "I saw your mod list on the Forum."

Does the mod list define the man (or the FJ) or does the man define the mod list?

Furthermore, he said that I seem to be spending my weekends on the Mojave Trail, heading for Colorado, criss-crossing the desert between California and Nevada hunting for turquoise or airplane wrecks. I replied, "What's your point?"

I said, "Driving the FJ in remote places is like searching for a bird's footprints in the air." It's not the finding that is important, it's all about enjoying the journey. And an FJ is a fun way to enjoy the ride. Not unlike Thoreau on Walden Pond when he wrote that men go fishing all their lives without understanding that it's not fish that they're after.

He said I was frightening him.

He called me from outside Sedona, AZ today. I asked him what he was doing there. He said, "I started driving Friday after work and kept going. I drove east from California and have been hitting trails and hanging out. I called in sick from work today and need to get home. But I'm not sure that I want to go back, I'm having more fun in the FJ than I think I've ever had."

He's frightening me.

:cowsmile:

· Registered
526 Posts

Nice Build.
Can you describe in more detail your "Large First Responder First-Aid Kit including an adult ventelator"
A ventilator to me is a machine I use in the Emergency Dept or ICU that I hook up to a patient that is endotracheally intubated, and provides automatic mechanical breaths. Do you mean instead that you carry a bag-valve mask?

· Premium Member
8,892 Posts

That is a great story Larry.

I would ask though, is this obsession with the FJ her self, or where the FJ takes us and the story's she tells us on those journeys. And are the mods just gifts of thanks to her for what she has done.

· Registered
5,343 Posts

I would ask is obsession we have the FJ her self or where the FJ takes us and the story's she tells us on those journeys. And are the mods just gifts of thanks to her for what she has done.
Crap Jeshua that is the deepest thing I've ever heard you say man, I'm in tears :clap:

· Premium Member
19,414 Posts

Tears of fear? Josh, I'm a little scared.

· Premium Member
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·

Nice Build.
Can you describe in more detail your "Large First Responder First-Aid Kit including an adult ventelator"
Do you mean instead that you carry a bag-valve mask?
Yes, my error. It's now corrected.

PM sent regarding kit contents (near as I can recall).

· Premium Member
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·

I would ask is obsession we have the FJ her self or where the FJ takes us and the story's she tells us on those journeys. And are the mods just gifts of thanks to her for what she has done.
That's profound. I feel the same way.

· Premium Member
8,892 Posts

Why thanks guys. I like to surprise you all every know and again. But man I still have some grammer errors in there, glad you guys can still understand me. :lol: I have to go back and try and fix it if I can. :D

· Premium Member
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 · (Edited)

FJAMMIN (Dave), an ER physician, asked me what I had in my First Aid Kit. I shared the comments with him, he made some suggestions and I've incorporated them in my kit. Here are the contents for your reference. Please feel free to make any suggestions.

SCORPION FIRST AID KIT

Aspirin Tablets(chewable)/Tylenol gel caps
Lomotil
Benadryl
1/8th of pure vodka
Lidocane 4%
Triple Antibiotic Ointment Packs
Antiseptic Cleansing Wipes
Hydrocortisone Cream Packs, 1%, 0.9 gm
Hand Sanitizer Packs
SAM Splints/Casts
SAM Finger Casts
Metal Finger Splints
Large Conforming Splints
5" x 9" Trauma Pads
4" x 4" Gauze Dressing Pads
3" x 3" Gauze Dressing Pads
4" Conforming Gauze Roll Bandage
3" Conforming Gauze Roll Bandage
1" x 10 yd. First Aid Tape Roll
3M heavy elastic tape (for wrapping breaks) 4" x 10 yd.
Instant Cold Compresses
Triangular Sling/Bandages (safety pins included)
3/4" x 3" Adhesive Plastic Bandages
1" x 3" Adhesive Plastic Bandages
2" x 4" Elbow and Knee Plastic Bandages
3/8" x 1-1/2" Junior Adhesive Plastic Bandages
1-1/2" x 1-1/2" Patch Plastic Bandages
Knuckle Fabric Bandages
Fingertip Fabric Bandages
Thermometers (one time use)
Tweezers
Scissors
Sterile needles
Latex-Free Exam Quality Gloves
Bag/Mask
QuikClot (thanks, Tubig!)

· Premium Member
19,414 Posts

Looks good Larry. If the exam gloves are not packaged where you can fold out the packaging and use it as a sterile field, it might be a good idea to add that to the kit. Makes it easy to spread some things out and definitely helps when cleaning wounds. Saline solution for eye irrigation might not be a bad idea either.

261 - 280 of 1337 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.