Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of this is on other threads but I wanted to consolidate what I found out from CAT.

CAT is Central Atlantic Toyota, this is NOT a dealership, these are the people that handle the dealer preferences. In the case of CAT, they handle the Mid-Atlantic region.

Dealers enter their preferences into dealer daily and these preferences are sent to their distributor.(CAT in my case) the distributor looks at what allocation points the dealerships have earned and decides (using their preferences) what trucks to send to which dealer. The next allocation run is on the 24th and this is the first run to include the FJ. (this may vary by region) Dealers need to have they main preferences entered by this date in order to get a FJ that matches, or close to it.

Toyota is still going to build what they are going to build and the preferences do not affect that at this point but the preferences do affect what the distributor sends to the dealer. By the 24th, the model (4X4 Auto), color and factory installed options (Side airbags, conv. group, etc...) need to preferenced. A couple of days BEFORE the truck hits the port the rest needs to be preferenced. This includes the accessories. (GPS, Roof Rack, etc...)

The flow goes like this:
1)The FJ is built in Japan

2)Using the preferences, the distributor decides what they need and sends this info to Toyota

3)Using the distributors request FJ's are shipped to port(in CAT's case New York)

4)Using the preferences, the port install facility installs any accessories requested

5)The FJ is then sent to the dealers where additional accessories can/will be installed.

What is important to note is that Toyota is not building models specific to customer requests. If Toyota decides to build mostly fully loaded 4x4 autos and you want a stripped manual it is probable that it will not come in the initial launch. (I have no idea what toyota is planning on building, it could be all manual 4x4's with no options, the above is only an example)

Also if you have a deposit and have not preferenced your FJ yet try and get your dealer to do it by the 24th.

Hope this helps,

Granger

·
Registered
88 Posts
According to the "initial build" threads, I'll be in the majority by I long shot. According to the color % posts, I'm in the middle with black. Hey John.com, does this mean that I might move up the list if anybody ahead of me wants a strippy?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey granger,
Nice work on the 411! I'm going to my dealer today with my list of demands...er, preferences. And I can now make sure they are aware and can possibly confirm those dates.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are in the mid-atlantic area just tell them you heard it from Central Atlantic Toyota, they will know what your talking about.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
granger said:
If you are in the mid-atlantic area just tell them you heard it from Central Atlantic Toyota, they will know what your talking about.

Or not... which has been the case with local dealers in Vegas. :cool:

Good information either way Granger.

·
Registered
552 Posts
What is the west coast equivalent of the CAT? I think it could be Torrance, CA headquarters or the port in Long Beach, or........maybe Portland? Any dealers have the answer of who are dealers are ordering through?

·
Registered
233 Posts
mappelman said:
What is the west coast equivalent of the CAT? I think it could be Torrance, CA headquarters or the port in Long Beach, or........maybe Portland? Any dealers have the answer of who are dealers are ordering through?
When I go to the Toyota website and click "Build Toyota", it requests my zip code and sends me to "Central Atlantic Toyota" website. You might try that with your west coast zip....

·
Registered
449 Posts
mappelman said:
I'm in TX, but will try to find out the nationwide CAT equivalents at the dealership tonight.

·
Registered
233 Posts
When I put in "94108", San Francisco zip, it sent me to "Northern California" build site. For what it's worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts