Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
My Vmax was being discontinued for years/decades according to every motorcycle magazine I ever read. All BS. It started in 1985 and was finally updated in 2009. It had one year it was discontinued which was 2008 then totally redesigned for 2009 1700CC V4):). Twenty-five years and still going strong:)

Maybe the real thread should be when is toyota going to update the current model with a V8 or diesel engine or make a SUT:) Thats the thread I want to follow. Look how long it took the 4runner to get a v8 and the sequoia/tundra to get a high quality 5.7 V8. Just my 2 cents

Oh I love my FJ Cruiser and could care less if someone else ever owns one because I do:).

Personally I like owning unique vehicles Hense
1. My Yamaha R1-LE-SE Only 500 made in the world.
2. My 2009 Vmax first year redesigned only 2500 made and had to be preordered.
3. 2005 TJ wrangler unlimited rubicon two door only made two years before they went 4 door. Considered the last real jeep wrangler:)
4. Now the FJ Cruiser:) Discontinue it I don't care it will fit better in my garage:)
________
Marylinn

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's funny about the VMax, sweet bikes whose blvd. blaster style finally caught on! The same 'discontinued' every year rumor happened with a few Kawis like the Concourse, and Ninja 250.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
thats sad..the FJ will be missed...I mean..it is gonna be discontiuned right?? :boohoo:

·
Registered
37 Posts
They are just discontinuing the stateside left-hand drive model and converting the line to all right-hand drives for Japan and Australia.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a diesel model either .... I can't even get a diesel Land Cruiser anymore, let alone an FJ. I think they are still offering a few diesels in Oz, but that is about it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Apex, GREAT idea! I wonder how HUGE the thread would be if the mods combined all the 'discontinued' threads? Oh, and BTW, we should make sure to put in all the keywords so this thread will be at the top of the search results:

My dealer told me
Last year of the
I heard Toyota is going to stop making
Collector's car
Blah blah blah

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
No need to discontinue, just make this!

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Updated first post.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found another one.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
This just in.... The world is to end oct 21 (rapture 3.0)
FJ production to end 2011

Coincidence? I think not.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
83 Posts
Stopped by my dealer yesterday he told me they can't the FJ on the lot much less in the showroom they sell quickly so I don't see the FJ going anywhere soon

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Stopped by my dealer yesterday he told me they can't the FJ on the lot much less in the showroom they sell quickly so I don't see the FJ going anywhere soon
yeah that's pretty much been established for over 4 years now :lol::lol::bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts