Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used to gasp in disbelief at what Harley Davidson charges for some of the ornamental accessories and add-ons hanging on the walls at the local motorcycle dealership. Of course that was before visiting the parts department at the local Toyota dealership. Two of the most glaring examples of things every FJ owner should live without in formal protest are: the chrome exhaust tip and TRD oil cap. The sheer audacity Toyota exhibits by charging over $50 for each of these items is a slap in the face to anyone with sound judgement. Especially since neither of these items offers a single ounce of improvement in either form or function. There are just too many better ways to burn $100 (or more)...as anyone with an FJ already knows too well.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
I used to gasp in disbelief at what Harley Davidson charges for some of the ornamental accessories and add-ons hanging on the walls at the local motorcycle dealership. Of course that was before visiting the parts department at the local Toyota dealership. Two of the most glaring examples of things every FJ owner should live without in formal protest are: the chrome exhaust tip and TRD oil cap. The sheer audacity Toyota exhibits by charging over $50 for each of these items is a slap in the face to anyone with sound judgement. Especially since neither of these items offers a single ounce of improvement in either form or function. There are just too many other ways to burn $100 (or more)...as anyone with an FJ already knows too well.
What difference does it make how people spend their money? Many people look at your FJ and wonder why anyone in their right mind would blow their money on such an ugly POS that pisses gas straight out the tailpipe.

·
Registered
450 Posts
What difference does it make how people spend their money? Many people look at your FJ and wonder why anyone in their right mind would blow their money on such an ugly POS that pisses gas straight out the tailpipe.

This is literally the greatest quote I think I've ever read on this forum. It definitely needs to go in your signature😂

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I wouldn't blame Toyota, it's not Toyota's fault, look at the Turbonator, Sprint booster, Bosch quad tip spark plugs, and like that a million other things..., sometimes all it takes is a little or a big marketing campaign, the rest is accomplished by the people themselves.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
It's not gas... It's water - There's a thread already on this subject... :laugh:rofl: Kinda like going to bed with a 10 and waking up with a 2... only part is you spent too much money the night before.

·
Registered
999 Posts
It is called limited supply and higher prices. So few are made and the prices are higher. Why are most FJ parts so expensive? Cuz it is all made in limited numbers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey, I wonder the same thing myself quite often, especially when connecting a gas hose to it...then I remember that an homely girl will always appreciate you more and is usually far more faithful than a beauty queen.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is called limited supply and higher prices. So few are made and the prices are higher. Why are most FJ parts so expensive? Cuz it is all made in limited numbers.
So there is a limited supply of $160 hood decals, $30 cup holder inserts, and $8 horn bolts right...?

·
Registered
999 Posts
So there is a limited supply of $160 hood decals, $30 cup holder inserts, and $8 horn bolts right...?
Anything that is made in a small quantity even if worthless will cost a lot of money. Why do you think Rolls Royce is so expensive?? LOL !! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
The reason companies charge so much for their products are............ Because they can. Happy spending.

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
It's only expensive if you can't afford it.
If you have to ask how much it costs.....you can't afford it! One of my old man's favorite sayings.:grin

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
If you got the coin might as well purchase it, life only goes by once!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts