Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THis has happened twice in three months to my FJ Cruiser 2014 already - thieves break the door lock with a screw driver and clean out the vehicle - I suspect once the door unlocks, it de-activates the alarm - it seems the thieves know about this and just wait for a nice FJ to arrive - This is the Johannesburg I live in.......it sucks :crying

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,934 Posts
Sad day! Probably a good idea to invest in an aftermarket alarm system that isn't deactivated by just unlocking the doors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Door Lock Breakage and theft - Heads Up

Hi Guys,
I have had my second front door lock broken by a screw driver in three months, this modus operandi appears an easy way for crooks to open the doors of my FJ, it also seems to disarm the alarm (if there is one??). These cars stand out like a big red flag saying, i'm here, come take stuff.
One wonders what to do, leave the doors open, don't use the FJ, get a Ford (heaven forbid), its crazy and a big mission to get repaired and replaced.
Hopefully nobody else has had this misfortune but I bet others have been affected. Very, very annoying.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,863 Posts
Re: Door Lock Breakage and theft - Heads Up

You could likely get the door lock covers from a pass side handle or a Tundra (something doesnt have the key hole on the pass side) and then have no keyhole.

·
Desert Moderator
6,525 Posts
good point - get a LHD passenger side handle assembly and fit it to your (RHD) driver side door.
If you need help getting one from Dubai, give me a shout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts