Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There comes a time when a guy has to piss or get off the pot!!!! First all I would like to thank everyone on this forum, have been helpful and answered almost all me questions. This rig has been an obession of mine for over 10 months. Found this site, started reading it, then after about a month, thought I would participate..... That was back in November. Then here I am.... Reading how everyone is putting deposits down, then picking them up!! Then all the mods happening, WOW!!!!!

Where is this going???? Well........ It is time for me to get off the pot......

And

Go 4x4ing in my Voodoo Blue FJ Cruiser!!!!!

Check out the FJ with the Seattle Skyline!!!!!

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=292

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey Chewey - Great pics of your rig in beautiful Seattle!!! Love your city!!
-Tim

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice Chewy!!!!Finally!!!!!!I still haven't gotten mine. I am going back to Chicago to pick up my things then driving back here to Seattle the end of the month. I talked to the dealer and should be getting mine sometime July or August.

I didn't realize it was hard to look for apartments here in Seattle...but nevertheless, I found one around corner of 23rd and Madison ave area.....I think its around Capitol hill or Central district. I hope that its not a shady area........I saw some streets there by Safeway that looks kinda scary. I hope they dont rip off the FJ when it gets here....Ouch!!!! Is that place safe? Compared to Chicago its not bad..I just want to know where to be careful.

Nice city by the way. Ill have to adjust to the size though. Its kinda small compared to Chicago town!!! Got lost around Mercer Island yesterday and boy that place is beautiful but expensive!!! Drove around International District and had some food! Went out last night and practically visited every single bar in the area in about an hour. :( Ended up in an only lively happening bar only to realize that it was a boy on boy bar and ran as fast as I could! LOL :) Any cool hangouts? Where do people hang out around here?

Take care! Happy drivin'!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Broom;

23rd and Madison? Not good. Seriously, you won't want to be there a year from now. Not necessarily dangerous, but petty crime will be constant. Try Ballard, Queen Anne, Montlake, anything Northend. I'm up in the Sand Point area, good part of town, and if you see a "purple" FJ, that'd probably be me.

Bars. J&M's, FX, Merchants downtown for flavor. Bell Town and Ballard have some great bars, and if you're ever in Madison Park (end of Madison at Lake Washington), try the Attic.

Welcome to town. Summer has finally arrived.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To the coffee comment...... That's funny.... I tested all me coffee cups to make sure they fit....... Most do....... The most important big cup...... Doesn't!!!!!!!!

By the way gentleman.... Happy father's day!!!!!

Broom, I will pm you!!!!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OOOHHH by the way, the pic of my FJ on the street, look behind it..... One pic in my gallery is my FJ with a black GMC Truck that's my driveway.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Ah yes, Alki Beach, great spot.
I was born and raised in West Seattle, not to far from Alki.

Now I live about 25 miles South of there.

Congrats on the FJ.
I hope to hear this week from my dealer that it is getting built.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alki is beautiful!!!!!

I need to add.... sorry, that older FJ 40 is not mine (wish it was) I saw it and had to get a picture of the 2 together, but that black GMC is mine.....

Has any one else notice that the older FJ guys are waving???

·
Registered
204 Posts
SharkHunt said:
Broom;

23rd and Madison? Not good. Seriously, you won't want to be there a year from now. Not necessarily dangerous, but petty crime will be constant. Try Ballard, Queen Anne, Montlake, anything Northend. I'm up in the Sand Point area, good part of town, and if you see a "purple" FJ, that'd probably be me.

Bars. J&M's, FX, Merchants downtown for flavor. Bell Town and Ballard have some great bars, and if you're ever in Madison Park (end of Madison at Lake Washington), try the Attic.

Welcome to town. Summer has finally arrived.
yeah thanks for the info. We'll be careful. Its too late now. We had to grab the best place we could find. It shouldnt be that bad considering everything around it seems to be getting gentrified! I guess no strolling around the park at night! LOL!!! Scary area is only the ghetto bar further down the street!!! Geez....................

Anyways, thanks everyone! We'll have to bump into each other sometime. Chewey you have a PM.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
chewey46 said:
To the coffee comment...... That's funny.... I tested all me coffee cups to make sure they fit....... Most do....... The most important big cup...... Doesn't!!!!!!!!
Chewey, congrats!

And you do know that the cupholder surround pops out to make the cupholder even larger in circumference, right? So it's essentially a double-sized cupholder.

Maybe with the insert removed, your favorite cup will fit...

Sandi

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HAPPY Birthday FJ
HAPPY Birthday FJ
HAPPY Birthday Dear FJ
HAPPY Birthday to you!!!!

I bought my FJ 3 years ago today!!!! Here is my thread I started, I gotta bump it!!!!

3 Years ago today..... WOW, I can't believe it!!! I guess that means my warranty is done. I never had to use it. This has been a good rig!!!! I'm sure I will own this for another few years..... quite a few years!!!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts