·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
HAPPY Birthday FJ
HAPPY Birthday FJ
HAPPY Birthday Dear FJ
HAPPY Birthday to you!!!!

I bought my FJ 3 years ago today!!!! Here is my thread I started, I gotta bump it!!!!

3 Years ago today..... WOW, I can't believe it!!! I guess that means my warranty is done. I never had to use it. This has been a good rig!!!! I'm sure I will own this for another few years..... quite a few years!!!!!
Wow... That was one year ago today..... So if it's been 1 year and I had bought my FJ 3 years ago... Let see...... Carry the One...... Divide by 8...... Multiply by 6...... subtract another 4..... divide by Pi.......

I have had my FJ for 4 years today!!!! And at 48,000 miles..... Loved every mile!!! Except the miles my wife put on it!!!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
HahahaHaA
I first opened this thread thinking jeez Chewey it's about time ya got out, then I saw it was posted in 2006.
Happy birthday to the hairball.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't know what I am more shocked at, that I have had it for 4 years already or that I only have 48k miles on it....

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I just hit 49k today. Quite surprised too. I thought I have more then that.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
HahahaHaA
I first opened this thread thinking jeez Chewey it's about time ya got out, then I saw it was posted in 2006.
Happy birthday to the hairball.
Did you know that there is a mini chewey #2 on the way?? 9/20 is the due date!!!

Another male chewey in this world!!!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hello my peeps!! I am bumping this 10 year old thread!!!

Well.... 10 years later... My FJ has 92,315 miles, cylinder #1 coil replaced and a new (ok remanned) alternator and my FJ is still running strong!!! OH, and I just replaced the head unit with a AVIC-8200NEX this last weekend with a backup camera. I am keeping my FJ until.... who knows.... My wife is getting rid of her Flex and we are getting a Tundra... I know you all are excited!! :) Anyways, it's been a long time since I logged on to the blue site. I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Cheers!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Hello my peeps!! I am bumping this 10 year old thread!!!

Well.... 10 years later... My FJ has 92,315 miles, cylinder #1 coil replaced and a new (ok remanned) alternator and my FJ is still running strong!!! OH, and I just replaced the head unit with a AVIC-8200NEX this last weekend with a backup camera. I am keeping my FJ until.... who knows.... My wife is getting rid of her Flex and we are getting a Tundra... I know you all are excited!! :) Anyways, it's been a long time since I logged on to the blue site. I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Cheers!!!
Nice to see you back chewey!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm glad you revived this thread because I've been waiting for 2 years to say the metaphor you started off with is normally expressed as "Sh*t or get off the pot."

Sorry but we've had a game going for 25 years where I work where the purpose is to catch people mixing their metaphors :)

In the meantime I'm glad your Toyota is still running full steam ahead.

I bought an SR5 4x4 wagon back in 1988 from some crappy used car lot that got me above 250k miles, including hauling all of my earthly possessions from Knoxville TN to Dallas and all I ever replaced was the water pump.

The vehicle also made over 15 trips from Knoxville to Philadelphia and back and one trip up from Knoxville to Boston and back before I finally traded it in on an old skool Volvo 240D which was one of the worst decisions I ever made, and that is really saying something.

I also owned a Volvo 164 back in my very much younger days. The ring gear went out on it 3 days after I bought it from some MD who I should have sued or at least beat the living crap out of.

I will never forget his smugness, like "I unloaded this pile of feces on some stupid kid who had no idea what he was doing."

What pieces of garbage both of those cars were compared to the Volkswagens, Toyotas, Lexus's and BMW's I have owned.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So much has changed!!! I am getting likes?? This is definitely new!!!

I need to find some of the older threads and bump those!!! There might be a new Dislike button for me if I start doing that!!!

LHB.... I will drop more metaphors... How many points do you get?? I will give it 110% There's one!!!!

Joel, looking forward to doing business with you again.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
MEH!!! The FJ Cruiser gallery is GONE. This is the thread I started back when I bought the FJ.. 13 years to the day, my wife and I bought a Voodoo Blue Tundra TRD Pro. Now we have 2 voodoo blue Toyotas in our driveway.

This pic... was the same pic I started 13 years ago in the same spot... Hopefully my gallery is not gone forever.

Attachments

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,852 Posts
I remember that photo of your FJ you posted....

IMG_0126_1560753744201.jpg

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,991 Posts
MEH!!! The FJ Cruiser gallery is GONE. This is the thread I started back when I bought the FJ.. 13 years to the day, my wife and I bought a Voodoo Blue Tundra TRD Pro. Now we have 2 voodoo blue Toyotas in our driveway.

This pic... was the same pic I started 13 years ago in the same spot... Hopefully my gallery is not gone forever.
I see what you mean, everything past October 10th 2010 is missing photos or maybe altogether gone. Perhaps the server starts scrubbing these for space after a certain period of inactivity? Maybe one of the Mods or Admin’s can answer that.

·
A-Team Moderator
10,821 Posts
This forum is fine and an Admin is looking into it. Chewey asked last night. Assuming you used Photobucket? :shrug03: The gallery link that you PM'd is 404 error'd NOT FOUND. And FYI; your signature link to Youtube is dead on my end.

PB changed their photo hosting policy and started charging $. If you didn't pay...

In the meantime, try the PB add-on/plug in extension fix for your particular browser. There's supposed to be a "fix" so you can see them.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=photobucket+fix&qs=n&form=QBLH&pc=EUPP_&sp=-1&pq=photobucket+fix&sc=8-15&sk=&cvid=02618E4ABCD541F8A0BADAAC9FFE8E44

·
Premium Member
12,309 Posts
I see what you mean, everything past October 10th 2010 is missing photos or maybe altogether gone. Perhaps the server starts scrubbing these for space after a certain period of inactivity? Maybe one of the Mods or Admin’s can answer that.
Wow.....mine is completely gone. There are others that are gone as well.

The Gallery layout has changed as well.....do not like.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Back in the day, you know.... I had to walk uphill to school, in 10 feet of snow, and it was 110 degrees out.... I used the forum's gallery, I remember I maxed out the space/storage and it was bumped up. I didn't want to use any more. I logged on to IH8MUD last night. I had put a couple pics there. TOTALLY forgot about them. I hope this gallery gets recovered, I think there will be some pretty cool pics that I forgot I had but shared.

This forum is fine and an Admin is looking into it. Chewey asked last night. Assuming you used Photobucket? :shrug03: The gallery link that you PM'd is 404 error'd NOT FOUND. And FYI; your signature link to Youtube is dead on my end.

PB changed their photo hosting policy and started charging $. If you didn't pay...

In the meantime, try the PB add-on/plug in extension fix for your particular browser. There's supposed to be a "fix" so you can see them.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=photobucket+fix&qs=n&form=QBLH&pc=EUPP_&sp=-1&pq=photobucket+fix&sc=8-15&sk=&cvid=02618E4ABCD541F8A0BADAAC9FFE8E44

21 - 40 of 54 Posts