Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 4X2 and 4X4 factory suspension. Below are pics of my 2007 FJ. The first is with the factory 4X2 suspension in the front, and the second is with the factory 2007 4X4 front springs and shocks. I have to realign my headlights now....they are blinding people, and I don't wanna do that. Waddaya think? And the after pic is after driving on it for over a week, so there is no "settling" in the springs - this is the way it sits!! WOO HOO!!

Before, pre-upgrade

After, post-upgrade (Thanks, Arien!!!!!)

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Very nice Dave.
Time to take it on the Mojave again to test it. :D

·
Banned
1,463 Posts
i dont get it. you have a 4x2 AND a 4x4?
No...I think he bought the OEM shocks of the 4x4 version and stuck them on his 4x2....I thought it was common knowledge by now that the 4x2s weren't as high up?

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it was common knowledge, but I never knew jhow much difference there was - and I am sure a LOT of other people didn't know, either. Now, we can see the difference first hand.

Story - I get a PM from MudLovingFJ, who said he had a proposition for me. So, I went to his house and 3 hours later, I had his old stock 4X4 front springs and shocks on my rig. Straight swap, too - the best kind of mod!!

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get the 883s.

then your fjc won't be sniffing the ground.
On the list, man - on the list! And it's not sniffing as much anymore since the "upgrade!"

Mojave, here we come (next year) :D

And East Bay Eff Jay, I plan to have a new 4X4 in the driveway in 6 months....that's the plan anyways. My wife wants the black one in the pics above! :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Now don't forget senior citizen that you should have you alignment redone since you changed the struts don't want to wear out those tires now.:eek:ld:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
MudlovingFJ has been most helpful and is truly an asset to the SoCal crowd. He's helped me a bunch of times. Dave, that does look better. I bet you can't wait to get the White FJ this Christmas!

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
MudlovingFJ has been most helpful and is truly an asset to the SoCal crowd. He's helped me a bunch of times. Dave, that does look better. I bet you can't wait to get the White FJ this Christmas!
thank you for saying that Tony. :)

i just believe that what goes around comes around...

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
thank you for saying that Tony. :)

i just believe that what goes around comes around...
You're welcome and I do appreciate your efforts.

About things coming around... somethings I hope never come back around!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
So does anyone know if the 4wd rear coils and shocks are different than the 2wd version? The rear end of the FJ is about 1/2" lower than the front.

What i'm really concerned about is that i'm planning to build a drawer system and was afraid that the rear will drop more and make an uncomfortable ride.

Are you talking just about your rig? Why would so many buy a "front level" kit if the front was higher than the back?? I always thought the front was 2 inches lower than the back.

Confused newb here :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Tubig, are you figuring in on how much weight the drawer and the "stuff" you're going to put back there? It might be level before you add all the weight, but will sag after you put everything in.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I think he is saying his rear bumper is lower than his front right now by 1/2...without the storage unit.

Well, that's what I'm reading...

I'm still confused.

So how many 4x2 peeps want my stock suspention now????
I couldn't GIVE it away for over a year now...
:rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
So to clear up the confusion...

I have a 4x2 with 883 springs and an ARB bumper. 883's level the 4x4's, so since the 4x2 is about 200-300# lighter in the front, this puts my front end higher than the rear, even with the ARB bumper.

I currently have a crate holding some things in the back. Even without this in the rear, the back is lower by 1/4".

I want to build a drawer system which will end up adding a considerable amount of weight when filled up.

So, I was wondering if there was an affordable way to compensate for the extra weight that I will be adding in the back.

Hope, I didn't add anymore confusion.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts